It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: BERNIE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Bernie Williams has had a fine career, 300 LT average, over 2,200 hits, almost 300 homeruns, a batting title, 4 rings and counting and some gold gloves i assume? does anyone think he's HOF worthy

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
umm... tough won, yankees hall of fame yes, and if rizzuto can get in the actual hof so can bernie

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 11:41 PM
link   
While Bernie is an outstanding player... He is not a Hall-of-Fame player. He is like many players that haven't gotten in. This are the players that are over shadowed by the other players on their team. When I look back through the years... I wonder... What did Bernie really do to affect the game and his team? The answers don't come right away, but require a lot of thought. A Hall-of-Fame player should be one that you know right away a famous play, a famous hit, or just how he changed the game.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I don't think that Bernie Williams belongs in the hall of fame. He has had a very nice career, one that any player would be extreemly proud of, but he is just not past the line of what a Hall of Fame player should be. 2,200 hits is good, but it is just not hall of fame. I do think however that he will easily make it into monument park.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   
i agree he is not a HOF but there are so many players who r in who should be out...i wish there would only be 50 or so at this point but theres 100s. I think bernies # should be retired by the yanks

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Yea, there are seriously too many people in the hall of fame. Lots of them do not belong to be there, but that's by our standards. When those players where inducted, they were the top of their positions, so there were fairly inducted when they were. I still agree however that they should've been less people inducted then, and a much stricter policy on who should be inducted.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   
i also think that executives, coaches, and founders should be in a seperate wing...like announcers and writers are

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   
It would be hard to seperate the Hall, it would take away a certain mystique and legacy of the Hall. If you make new wings and add rooms it won't be as meaningful

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Yea, if anything they should cut down on it, but that wouldn't be fare to the inductees.

top topics

join