It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: Bobby Cox

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   
IMO Bobby Cox is the best manager in baseball ....what does everyone else think

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I think he is very underrated, and yes he is the best manager in baseball. What he has done evry year for the past 14 years is amazing. He takes what he has and makes great teams out of them. Half the people on his 2005 team were no-names before the season started. Nobody gives him enough credit.

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
i was watching the game today and cox had furcal strangely play michael tucker in shallow center field...sure enough tucker hits a liner that furcal leaps and catches....these are the type of things that you don't see joe torre or other well respected managers doing

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Why does nobody else have an opinion on this matter?

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   
i think Joe Torre is overrated as a manager and I hope the Yankees get Lou Pinella next year

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
That would be awesome. I think Joe Torre is a good manager, but you realise look what he has to work with, practically an all-star at every position.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
bobby cox isnt that good because he really cant win in the postseason, tony larussa is the best imo, especially this year with rolen out and all their injuries and his confidence in all his players

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Bobby Cox can't be blamed for loosing in the post season. He didn't loose, his players did. You can't blame every loss on the manager.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
That makes sense. That's typical of a Yankee fan

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
tony larussa is still better

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReginaldMartinezJackson
That makes sense. That's typical of a Yankee fan

i hate the yankees and you know it, i like the mariners and arod

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I don't think so. He's a liar as well. He lied that Mcguire didn't take steroids. He seems like a creep to me. Still a good manager though.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
In my opinion, Bobby Cox is the greatest manager of all time. He has made championship worthy teams out of nothing. On another note, I think the Braves have a very good farm system. They're also a very exciting team to watch, too bad their fans absolutly SUCK.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
What do you think of Eric Wedge as a manager (Indians)?

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
very good, has sparked some life out of these young' uns

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Yea, but they're stilla young team, and I think they're gonna fall short this year. They've been to hot and they can't keep up with that forever.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Collapse you mean?

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
cox has developed so many young players...but i also credit his pitching coach leo mazzone who has developed glavine, schmoltz, and maddux 3 Hall of Famers

[Edited on 9/18/05 by EnosSlaughter]

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Yea that's very true. They probably have the best coaching staff in all the majors. They just can't win in the playoffs except for '95

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
i make good points, i told u i think larussa is better than cox, thats my opionion u dont have to get all defense about it, i just dont like bobby cox

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join