It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: BENCHES CLEAR IN BEANTOWN....Rubber match tonight!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Bellhorn goes back-to-back with Damon, 6-2 Red Sox.

TRD

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Contrearas just got a warning for hitting 2 batters now....

Boston 6-2 in the second...

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I dont think we will see Contreras around too much longer.

His pitch count is at 58 after just two innings, not to mention the 6 runs on 6 hits and 2 walks and 2 hit batters.

6-2 BoSox after 2.

TRD

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Yeah i think they will pull him out. That won't be the first time either that has happened to him. His pitching is all over the place.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   
He's definitely not doing anything to improve his 18.00 ERA against Boston this season.

TRD

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
He's definitely not doing anything to improve his 18.00 ERA against Boston this season.

Yeah i'm glad i traded him to Aegis' in the fantasy lol

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
i love seein fights in mlb games. i havent seen a funnier fight except for one game when the cards & cubs cleared the bench & fought. so taguchi was the 1st one over the fence but jumped back into the dugout & popped back out w/ a bat but the fight was already over hahaha but i never expected such a pretty boy to get into somethin like that.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Boston wins 9-6, Lowe gets the win and Contreras the loss and Foulke picked up his 16th save.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Contreras' poor outing served as the latest reminder that the Yankees badly need to upgrade their starting rotation for the postseason. The Yankees will spend the next six days trying to acquire Randy Johnson from Arizona, before Saturday's non-waivers trading deadline arrives.

After inspiring hope with his strong pitching over the last month, Contreras (8-4) allowed eight runs and nine hits over 5 1/3 innings, walking two and striking out three. He proved no match for Boston's struggling starter Derek Lowe (9-9).

In five career regular-season games against Boston, Contreras is 0-3 with a 16.43 ERA.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 06:28 AM
link   
hah...the sox took 2 out of 3, they are back in the race and at last they know that they can beat the yankees

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I thought they might have gone at it after he hit the other guy.

TRD

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I think 2 players got hit up to when i watched it....

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join