It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: BENCHES CLEAR IN BEANTOWN....Rubber match tonight!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   
was a great game to watch, one that had it all, it wasn't a pretty one as there was some pretty sloppy play at times, all in all it's the best game i have seen this year and a huge win for the sox

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Just about everyone is saying that Arroyo intentionally hit ARod with that pitch.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   
it wouldn't suprise me a bit, might be just what the sox need this year, they are more of a team tonight than they were this morning, would have the same effect as a fight at the right time for a hockey team i would think, they were very lucky today as part of the mess ended up against the railing, one hot headed fan and it would have been real ugly

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I totally agree, things like this definitely bring a team closer together. The rubber match tomorrow night should live up to the hype, you know it will be an emotional game, especially being the nationally televised game. I'm looking forward to it.

I wonder which Jose Contreras will show up, he's been either real good or real bad so far this year.

TRD

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Sounds like it got a bit ugly then and turned into a heated game. Today's game should be interesting then. Great pics PA.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Sounds like it got a bit ugly then and turned into a heated game.

It will be heated indeed, will they be showing it in your neck of the woods? :smug:

TRD

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Well yeah we get the weekly game on sunday, usually it is picked in advance what one they show. If it isn't the Yanks v Sox's game i'm hoping they switch it.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Just 45 minutes until the well-hyped rubber match between the Yankees and RedSox!

TRD

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Yeah i'm looking forward to it. I'm hoping they show what happened yesterday...

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Jason Varitek is out tonight with a sore hand, I guess A Rod has a hard head.

The BoSox put Trot Nixon back on the DL today with another leg injury.

Jose Contreras will be in search of his first career win against the archrival Boston Red Sox as his New York Yankees look to take the rubber game of a three-game set at Fenway Park on Sunday night.

Contreras has gone 0-3 with an 18.00 ERA in four career starts against the Red Sox but has won four of five starts overall since being reunited with his family, which defected from Cuba in June.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
I'm hoping they show what happened yesterday...

Dont worry, they definitely will show yesterday's highlights. That place erupted when Mueller hit the walk-off homerun.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
John Kerry just threw out the first pitch.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Yankees strike first in the top of the first, Sheffield pops up and knocks Lofton in. Followed by an ARod infield single.

TRD

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Yeah a couple of errors in the field by Boston but they made up for it with two great catches by Ramirez and Johhny 'the caveman' Damon....

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Matsui hits a sac fly and knocks in Sheffield, Yanks lead 2-0 after the first half inning.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Yeah a couple of errors in the field by Boston but they made up for it with two great catches by Ramirez and Johhny 'the caveman' Damon....

Yup, could have been alot more than just 2-0 if Manny and Damon dont make those tough catches.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   
The Sox have just loaded the bases in the bottom of the 1st inning with Manny Ramirez up and no outs

[Edited on 7-25-2004 by ProudAmerican]

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Kevin Millar knocks in Bellhorn and Ortiz to tie the game up 2-2 after one inning.

Looks like there might be alot of runs scored tonight.

TRD

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Good game so far.....

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Johnny Damon just plunked the right field foul pole for a three-run homerun to put the BoSox up 5-2 with no outs in the 2nd.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join