It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: MLB discussion thread - Gagne's streak over!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
Ben

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Ok instead of having a millino and one threads i figured lets start a thread and talk about all t he games and such here

[Edited on 5-7-2004 by ProudAmerican]

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Looks like Miguel Tejada picked a fine time for his first homer of the new season. He just blasted one off BoSox pitcher Arroyo in the top of the 11th inning with the score tied at 7.

TRD

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Whoah well i didn't see the game but Chicago Cubs 11, Cincinnati 10 Sosa and Alou hittin back to back homers in the last innings...

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
10 to 5, Dodgers over the Angels.

We finally break our 6-game losing streak.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
What are you guys going to do with Beltre?

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheEnforcer
What are you guys going to do with Beltre?

Nothing. He's our only offense.

You guys want Shawn Green?

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   

You guys want Shawn Green?

The Jays never should have gotten rid of him in the first place.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
this has to go under the weird injury file...giambi has parasites....who says there is nothing new under the sun..lol

Giambi diagnosed with parasites, out of lineup vs. Red Sox

By RONALD BLUM, AP Sports Writer
June 29, 2004
NEW YORK (AP) -- Ailing Yankees first baseman Jason Giambi was diagnosed with parasites and out of the starting lineup Tuesday night when New York played Boston.

When asked specifically what the doctor told him, Giambi said he didn't remember.

``I don't have a Ph.D. and I'm not world renowned,'' Giambi said.

ADVERTISEMENT

The former AL MVP said he'd been feeling exhausted for about three weeks. He began taking a new set of antibiotics Tuesday and said a doctor told him he should feel better within a couple of days.

``There should be no reason for being this exhausted,'' Giambi said. ``I'm 33, not 50.''

Giambi has one hit in his last 14 at-bats and is in a 13-for-65 rut. He hasn't homered since hitting his 11th of the season on June 20, and his average has dropped from .271 on June 7 to .237.

``This sort of explains it to be more than a slump,'' Yankees manager Joe Torre said.

Giambi said he wasn't surprised Yankees owner George Steinbrenner had recently criticized him a bit.

``In some cases, he was right,'' Giambi said. ``I wasn't feeling real good and I was hurting the team.''

``It kind of makes you understand why you're getting jammed by guys throwing 88 miles an hour.''

On Sunday, Giambi looked so bad when he got to Yankee Stadium that Torre sent him to a hospital.

Giambi took two bottles of intravenous fluids and did not play during the Yankees' day-night doubleheader sweep of the New York Mets.

Giambi originally started feeling ill a couple of weeks ago when he caught a stomach virus from teammate Gary Sheffield.

The AL East-leading Yankees started a three-game series against the second-place Red Sox

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Great game tonight! I just finished watching it.

Dodgers 2, Giants 1. Paul LoDuca comes through! Bottom of the 8th Inning. Tie game. 2 outs. And he muscles an inside pitch from Giants' reliever Felix Rodriguez that gets down just in front of Barry Bonds to get the go-ahead run home!

Eric Gagne comes in the 9th Inning to "Welcome To the Jungle" by Guns' N' Roses and gets the Giants out on 8 pitches! And gets Marquis Grissom to ground out with Barry Bonds on deck. Dodgers win! I enjoyed every minute of it. That was something! Great night of Baseball! That game had me pumped up!

Gagne also extends his consecutive saves' streak to 82.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fox Mulder

Gagne also extends his consecutive saves' streak to 82.

Another good one, huh Fox?

Shawn Green doubles home the go-ahead run in the bottom of the 8th, then Eric "Game Over" Gagne comes in and strikes out the side in the 9th for his 83rd consecutive save!!

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican:

Another good one, huh Fox?

Shawn Green doubles home the go-ahead run in the bottom of the 8th, then Eric "Game Over" Gagne comes in and strikes out the side in the 9th for his 83rd consecutive save!!

Yup, that was awesome tonight!

Finally Shawn Green comes through big time. He also had a homer in earlier in the game.

And we took 2 of 3 from the Giants.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Man its about time Green starts playing the way he should. They've needed 100+ RBI and 30 or so home runs from him nearly every year to succeed with the exception of last year...

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 12:30 AM
link   
If Beltre stays as hot as he is and Green finds his swing, with the addition of Bradley the offense looks good. Cant forget Loduca and Encarnacion.

Gagne should be blowing a save next week. (All-Star game)
LOL, j/k

*cough*HankBlalock*cough*

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Man, what a Yankees-Red Sox game tonight.

The Yankees won in extra innings to sweep the series putting the BoSox 8 1/2 games out, thats trouble and it's only July. Nomar looks nothing like his usual self, I know he is returning from an injury but I think he has a bit of an attitude after the Sox tried to trade him a few times in the off-season.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Not to mention that the RedSox have been averaging 2-3 errors a game the past couple weeks, just awful.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Nice job by the A's. 2 of 3 from the Giants this past weekend with the 9 to 6 victory yesterday afternoon.

Octavio Dotel strikes out Barry Bonds to end it when a man on!

The all-time series between these 2 teams since regular season Interleague Play started is an amazing 22 wins for the A's and 22 wins for the Giants.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I'm watching the Giants right now, the Rockies are smoking them 6-0 in the 3rd inning. Bonds took the day off.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
Gagne should be blowing a save next week.

I was close, Gagne just blew his first save in 84 chances!!

He had a 2 run lead entering the top of the 9th. She Hillenbrand singled to center, Luis Gonzalez doubled and Hillenbrand scored, then Chad Tracy singled and Gonzalez scored. The game isn't over, its tied 5-5 with one out, but that is a blown save.

That was one heck of a streak.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Correction - 1st blown save in 85 opportunities!

His last blown save was 8/26/02 against the same D-Backs team that did him in tonight.

He got out of the inning still tied 5-5. If the Dodgers can score in the bottom of the 9th then Gagne will get the win, but it's still a blown save unfortunately.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Well, it was due to happen someday...I was really hoping to see him top 100 first though.

Either way it was a pretty nice accomplishment, sort of a symbol of his consistency.

Nice how the crowd gave him a standing ovation when it was over as well.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join