It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: Los Angeles Dodgers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 12:27 AM
link   
This trade is blowing up in Depodesta's face at the moment...

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Well lead's down 1 and 1/2.
I still think we're going to win the division but I'm starting to sweat it a bit.

The problem is the Cubs are just as hot as the Giants and you've now got these 3 teams battling for 2 playoff spots.

I think I may need a sedative if we end up choking this lead and not making the playoffs altogether.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Well this team certainly seems to be following its pattern of the last few years...fall apart down the stretch quite frankly.

Ah, lets see what the problems are right now....

-The starting pitching is fading. The pitchers seem to start off well but tend give up one massive inning that knocks the team out of the game.
Injuries can be blamed, but frankly Nomo and Ishii have been massive dissapointments.

-The bullpen can't keep the team in the game. Every reliever that is coming in seems to give up a run an inning basically, specifically after the Dodgers have managed to scrounge together a run or two to somewhat get back into contention.

-The offense is striking out way too much, Finley isn't as hot as he was earlier, and Shawn Green is doing a poor job of hitting back of Beltre. Batters 5-9 are quite honestly hitting the worst they have all year. Milton Bradley seems to strike out at least a couple times a game.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Thanks for the insight, Cannon. I don't get to watch a lot of Dodger games up here in NorCal.

Anyways, *sigh*, it's 1/2 a game now. Giants beat Houston again. We lost at San Diego again. Hopefully both Houston and LA can salvage the last one tomorrow.

Then Dodgers at Pac Bell for three.

Looking at the schedules, the Cubs (who won again tonight to now stay 1/2 game back of SF and now 1 game back of us) have it made. It's the Pirates, the Mets, and Cincinnati left. Their goal is win most of those games and put considerable distance between them and NL West #2 team before their season ending series with Atlanta. And the way they've been playing I think they can do that.

Meanwhile the rest of the NL West teams will be beating each other up. Good news is we've got Colorado for 4 next week. If we can just make it past Sunday with 1/2 a game lead, I'll take that.

The Giants have no easy games left.

I actually wish San Diego was closer now because I'd like them to be motivated with some hope (however slim it might be) when the Giants go in Petco Park the last week of the season. Padres have won 11 of 16 against SF this season.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Dodgers rally against Colorado again last night!

We even rallied twice in the same game last night, hehe.

Dodgers win 4 to 2 in 11 Innings on David Ross' 2-run shot. :party-smiley-018:

Dodgers' Magic Number to clinch the National League West down to a mere "1".

They clinch at least a tie. 3 up on the Giants with 3 to play. Meaning the Giants would have to sweep all 3 games in LA to force a one-game playoff on Monday for the division title.

That's a little good news for Houston and Chicago. It motivates the Dodgers to win at least one game this weekend.

Gagne is hurt with shoulder tendonitis though. He may not pitch and if he does it can only be for one inning. And he gave up a run last night in one inning. I heard it could be because his arm is tired from all the work. Thanks again for that trade, DePodesta.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Dodgers 4, Giants 1.

Odalis Perez retired 15 straight at one point.

Jeff Kent with a homer. That was a no doubter to left field.

We've now take 4 out of 5 from the Giants. :party-smiley-018:

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
They started out the season 12-2 but have gone 11-18 since.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join