It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: BaseBall Trivia..

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   
who is the only pitcher to pitch a no hitter on opening day????

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by toejam
who is the only pitcher to pitch a no hitter on opening day????

i think i vaguely remember this was it Hideo Nomo,April 4, 2001 against Baltimore in which the Red Sox won 3-0? he had 11K's and 3 BB's.

[Edited on 3-30-2004 by aegis fang]

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
nope, not according to the source that i used

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   

nope, not according to the source that i used

well then your source is screwed.....

just kidding, i'd go look it up but i have to go get a root canal tomorrow so i'm going to bed, anyone else wanna try this one?

TRD

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Well this has me stumped ...

I will take a wild guess and say Charlie Robertson,he pitched in the 20's and i remember he got a no hitter early on in the season.Or David Wells got a no hitter about 5 years ago early on in the season.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a good guess but wrong, i will wait till tomorrow evening and then post the correct answer if no one has gotten it by then

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   
as promised here is the answer to the trivia question....who pitched the only opening day no hitter?

April 16, 1940, when 21-year old Bob Feller threw the first and only Opening Day no-hitter, shutting down the White Sox at old Comiskey Park, 1-0. It was all the more remarkable considering the temperature was a chilly 35 degrees at game time and Feller was pitching on two days rest.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
heres a tough one...
who is the only player in minor league history to hit for the cycle twice in one week?

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 02:26 AM
link   

heres a tough one...
who is the only player in minor league history to hit for the cycle twice in one week?

Hank Blalock, he did it while playing at Double A, Tulsa in the Rangers organization.

Click Here

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 08:04 AM
link   
good answer, i thought that would be much tougher, will have to look for another one

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
What was the name of the first stadium each of these MLB teams played in? What years did they play in these ballparks?

Cubs

Reds

Expos

Giants

Red Sox

Tigers

Twins

Yankees

Rangers

also consider that not all of these teams played in the same cities they are in now, and also might have had different names when they were in other cities. good luck.

TRD

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Shyte dude thats a tough one i wil have to spend some time on that unless someone beats me to it.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Man thats a crazy question.

I think I know 1 of them only 1 of like 8

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by aegis fang
What was the name of the first stadium each of these MLB teams played in? What years did they play in these ballparks?

Cubs......... 23rd street grounds, 1876-1877 as the Chicago White Stockings

Reds......... Bank Street Grounds, 1882-1883 as the Cincinatti Reds

Expos........ Parc Jarry, 1969-1976 as the Montreal Expos

Giants........ Polo Grounds, 1883-1888 as the New York Gothams

Red Sox...... Huntington Avenue Baseball Grounds, 1901-1911 as the Boston Americans

Tigers......... Bennett Park, 1901-1911 as the Detroit Tigers

Twins......... American League Park, 1901-1910 as the Washington Senators

Yankees..... Oriole Park, 1901-1902 as the Baltimore Orioles

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican

Originally posted by aegis fang

Cubs......... 23rd street grounds, 1876-1877 as the Chicago White Stockings

Reds......... Bank Street Grounds, 1882-1883 as the Cincinatti Reds

Expos........ Parc Jarry, 1969-1976 as the Montreal Expos

Giants........ Polo Grounds, 1883-1888 as the New York Gothams

Red Sox...... Huntington Avenue Baseball Grounds, 1901-1911 as the Boston Americans

Tigers......... Bennett Park, 1901-1911 as the Detroit Tigers

Twins......... American League Park, 1901-1910 as the Washington Senators

Yankees..... Oriole Park, 1901-1902 as the Baltimore Orioles

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I was really surprised to see that the New York Yankees were originally the Baltimore Orioles. The Orioles that we know today were formed in 1954.

baseball-almanac.com...

From "NY Yankees History"

1901-1902 - Franchise formed in 1902 in Baltimore, Maryland as the Baltimore Orioles, played at Oriole Park from 1902 to 1903
First Game played: April 26, 1902
Orioles (Yanks) 10 Boston 6

1903-1912 Moved to New York City, renamed the New York Highlanders, played at Hilltop Park from 1903 to 1912

1913-Present Renamed New York Yankees. Played at Polo Grounds from 1913-1922. In 1923, the Yankees moved into Yankee Stadium in the Bronx, New York where they remain to this day except for a two year period from 1974-1975 when they played at Shea Stadium while Yankee Stadium was being remodeled.

www.mindspring.com...

Ya learn something new every day.

TRD

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Good stuff PA....it had me beat, i would have had to look it up....

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Good stuff PA....it had me beat, i would have had to look it up....

Well I'm not going to lie, I looked them all up.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Player Quotes, who said the below quotes?

player 1.
"I'm probably the only guy who worked for (Casey) Stengel before and after he was a genius."

"He was something like zero for twenty-one the first time I saw him. His first major league hit was a home run off me and I'll never forgive myself. We might have gotten rid of Willie (Mays) forever if I'd only struck him out."

player 2.
"He'd (Reggie Jackson) give you the shirt off his back. Of course he'd call a press conference to announce it."

"The thing about Reggie (Jackson) is that you know he's going to produce. And if he doesn't, he's going to talk enough to make people think he's going to produce."

player 3.
"If I stay healthy, I have a chance to collect 3,000 hits and 1,000 errors."

"The Royals and the Yankees hated each other. To this day, whenever I see Lou Piniella or one of those Yankees, we talk about how we hated those guys. One time I didn't even have the ball and (Piniella) tried to spike me at third base."

player 4.
"The base paths belonged to me, the runner. The rules gave me the right. I always went into a bag full speed, feet first. I had sharp spikes on my shoes. If the baseman stood where he had no business to be and got hurt, that was his fault."

"When I began playing the game, baseball was about as gentlemanly as a kick in the crotch."

"When I came to Detroit I was just a mild-mannered Sunday-school boy."

"You've got to remember - I'm seventy-three." On why he would only hit .300 against today's pitchers.

this one could be tough, if it's too tough let me know and i'll find something else. all the quotes come from hall of famers so that will narrow the possibilities a little, good luck.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
here's an easier one.

What is the second oldest ballpark still in use today, in the AL and NL. What was the date of the first games played in both of these ballparks?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join