It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: BaseBall Trivia..

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   
1. Can you name the last for MLB players to be called out for passing the runner ahead of them on the base path?

2. what was the date of those games?

3. for a bonus who did they pass?

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Damn you people pick impossible questions.

Why do I even bother checking this thread out? I have no idea as to what any of them are

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by sniper474
Damn you people pick impossible questions.

Why do I even bother checking this thread out? I have no idea as to what any of them are

i think it's because we answered all the easier ones already. me and PA kind of have a little war going on here, i think we get our questions and answers from the same place so i've been looking for some obscure questions that you really have to do some research for the answers. but the question above isn't that tough use your google and you will probably have the answer in about 5 minutes.

TRD

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by aegis fang
1. Can you name the last for MLB players to be called out for passing the runner ahead of them on the base path?

2. what was the date of those games?

3. for a bonus who did they pass?

Was one recently? I remeber Ojeda got called out for passing Terence Long (San Diego) after he rounded first. It was a only last month it happened....

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by aegis fang

me and PA kind of have a little war going on here, i think we get our questions and answers from the same place so i've been looking for some obscure questions that you really have to do some research for the answers. but the question above isn't that tough use your google and you will probably have the answer in about 5 minutes.

Oh ok, I thought it was just picking questions off the top of your head, not something that you were actually looking into finding the answers for. That expalins a whole lot, I thought you and PA and TRD were totally insane at remembering obscure things that nobody else really keeps track of.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD

Was one recently? I remeber Ojeda got called out for passing Terence Long (San Diego) after he rounded first. It was a only last month it happened....

that's one of them. keep digging.

TRD

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Whoo hoo i was right!! I didn't even look it up. I remember reading about it when it happened and i had never heard of someone getting out that way (being from the UK). So i thought it was odd and it stuck in my mind.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 12:16 AM
link   
ok nobodie's got this one, so here are the answers.

1. Tom Lampkin, 8/29/01, passed David Bell.

2. Michael Tucker, 7/6/02, passed Mike Caruso.

3. Ruben Sierra, 5/7/04, passed Hideki Matsui.

4. Miguel Ojeda, 5/8/04, passed Terrance Long. (yes two in two days, amazing isn't it?)

i'm on the lookout for something a little less challenging, i'll post something tomorrow night or saturday morning.

TRD

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Ojeda and Long did it twice? Wow i wonder if that has happened before in the same week....

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
When was the last time an umpire called a game a forfeit in MLB? Who was playing? What was the final score?

Bonus- What were the circumstances of the forfeit???

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Ojeda and Long did it twice? Wow i wonder if that has happened before in the same week....

After some research, I found it hadn't ever happened before twice in one week. The next shortest span was 11 days. Joe Foy of the Mets passed Ron Swoboda against the Phillies on 5/15/70 and the Phillies Byron Browne passed Jim Hutto against the Expos on 5/26/70.

When was the first recorded player passing another on the base paths?

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
When was the last time an umpire called a game a forfeit in MLB? Who was playing? What was the final score?

Bonus- What were the circumstances of the forfeit???

08/10/1995 – St. Louis at Los Angeles

The game had been delayed in the 7th inning when some fans started throwing their souvenir baseballs onto the field. In the bottom of the 9th with St. Louis leading 2 to 1, the leadoff batter, Raul Mondesi, was called out on strikes. He started to complain to umpire Jim Quick and was ejected. The manager, Tommy Lasorda took up the argument and he was ejected. The fans became upset and started throwing the balls. The umpire brought the Cardinal team in from the field while the ground crew cleared the field. When play resumed, the fans again bombarded the field. The umpire then called the game in favor of St. Louis

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   

When was the first recorded player passing another on the base paths?

4/24/1919 – Rogers Hornsby passed Cliff Heathcote.

TRD

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Hrmm i hope your right Aegis i had real trouble finding the answers to them.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Aegis is right on both questions, nice work.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Nice pic PA

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Nice pic PA

I'm not sure, but I think it might be TRD's little brother. :tum:

Next question:

When was the last called "batting out of turn" made? What teams, and which team batted out of order?

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   

When was the last called "batting out of turn" made? What teams, and which team batted out of order?

Tough one PA, I'll bet TRD knows though.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I think it has something to do with Milwaukee.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I think it has something to do with Milwaukee.

Nope, wasn't Milwaukee. Your in the right league though (National).

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join