It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: Oakland A�s

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Looks like Eric Chavez will miss some time with a hand injury after being hit with a ball, there seems to be alot of injuries so far this season.

TRD

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Another one out
Lets hope they keep up with the winning!

TRD

posted on May, 18 2003 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Any one got the latest leagues so i can see how the A's are doing???? I havnt been keeping track lately...

posted on May, 18 2003 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Any one got the latest leagues so i can see how the A's are doing???? I havnt been keeping track lately...

Not sure what you mean, "the latest leagues", maybe this will help :

sports.espn.go.com...

TRD

posted on May, 18 2003 @ 02:57 PM
link   
It's ok PA i wanted to know what position they are in the league and their win/losses over the last week or so...

I have found it now...

posted on May, 18 2003 @ 03:16 PM
link   
The A's were losing all game today 5-0 and then got 3 runs in the 8th and 5 runs in the 9th!!
They won 8-5!

TRD

posted on May, 18 2003 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Yeah thats great what a comeback..!!

TRD

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Man what has happened to the A's lately they can't seem to get it together..

TRD

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Oakland won its first game back in Philadelphia since 1954 on Friday. Saturday, the A's look to make it two in a row back in the city they once called home.

Aaron Harang takes the hill for Oakland, making his first start of 2003 in the big leagues. Harang, who took over the No. 5 starter spot in the rotation for John Halama, was 5-4 in 15 starts for the A's in 2002.

With a win, the A's can guarantee at least a .500 record on their 12-game, 13-day, four-city road trip -- the club's longest of the season.

Yeah go A's
:bounce:

posted on Jun, 11 2003 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Dye homered in the 12th inning Tuesday night to lead the Oakland Athletics over the Atlanta Braves 4-3 in the first game between the teams since the 1914 World Series.

A season-long slump had left him with a .160 average coming in.

sports.espn.go.com...

TRD

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 05:44 PM
link   
The A's are 7-1 in the 8th so it looks like a victory is on the cards...Tejada hasnt a hit tonight and seems to have gone off the boil recently...well saying that tejada just walked in the 8th so the A's lead 8-1 now with the bases loaded and 2 out...GO A's:bounce:

TRD

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 06:28 PM
link   
6/13 - Final
Montreal 4
Oakland 8

6/14 - Final
Montreal 4
Oakland 5

6/15 - Final
Montreal 1
Oakland 9

--------------------

Well the as you see the A's won 9-1 against montreal so that 3 on the trot...

GO A's :bounce:

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Tejada's 500 straight games played is the longest active streak in the majors. The reigning AL MVP became the 34th player in major league history to reach the mark. Since Cal Ripken Jr. began his record streak of 2,632 games on May 30, 1982, only two others have had streaks of more than 500 games -- Dale Murphy (740) and Joe Carter (507).

Tejada's wife and children attended the game, as did some of his friends. His family back home in the Dominican Republic planned to watch on television.

He didn't disappoint, driving a 1-0 pitch from Victor Santos (0-2) over the center-field wall in the sixth inning for his 11th homer. The hit snapped an 0-for-12 slump and chased Santos, who gave up a solo shot to Ellis three batters earlier that broke a 2-2 tie.

*Game notes*
Tejada would have to play every game until the 2016 season to catch Ripken. He shaved his head after batting practice and said his helmet then fit much better. ...

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I saw part of the game last night

Keith Foulke got so lucky in the 9th inning. 2 of the 3 outs were hard hit shots that the outfielders make spectacular plays on. Only the 2nd out of the inning was a legit out by the pitcher.

TRD

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Well the A's did it again with Tejada hitting a homer and getting 5 hits from 5 at bat...Awesome....

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 01:24 AM
link   
And whoa what do you know, the Mariners actually lost a game today so the A's gain a game in the standings.

TRD

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Hey Fox that is even better then i didnt know that.....:bounce:

TRD

posted on Jun, 21 2003 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Three Oakland A's who have spent most of June in a gloomy mood broke out of their funks Friday, leading the A's to a 5-3 victory over San Francisco. Jermaine Dye contributed some clutch hitting, heating-up Miguel Tejada provided a home run and No. 5 starter Aaron Harang turned in a solid outing.....

Two weeks ago, the A's limped home from a rough trip East having lost seven of 12, but a little home cooking has done wonders for Oakland, now winners of seven straight.....The A's go for 8th straight win today..

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by TRD:

A's go for 8th straight win today..

Well they had their chances tonight. I saw the game.

They left the based loaded twice, once in the Bottom of the 7th Inning and once in the Bottom of the 8th Inning.

TRD

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Yep Fox i just check the scores as it 11:29 am over here and i was a bit disappointed,the A's have been playing well as of late and as you say they had their chances..

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join