Baseball: Oakland As

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 02:35 PM
link   

ESPN

Oakland Athletics pitcher Mark Mulder has a stress fracture in his right hip, putting the rest of his season in jeopardy.

Mulder had an MRI exam Thursday, and the team was surprised to see it showed a fracture. The Athletics weren't sure how he hurt himself.

Mulder is 15-9 with a 3.13 ERA in 26 starts this season.

The A's, who began the day with a one-game lead over Boston in the AL wild-card race, placed Mulder on the 15-day disabled list Thursday because of tendinitis in his right hip.

This is a big los to the A's who are in the thick of a playoff race. They have also been without Tim Hudson who was hit by a ball in the hand, he could possibly make his next start. Their rookie Harden started off well but got really roughed up in hislast outing. I think this puts alot of pressure on Oakland's offense, they are going to have to get the bats going now if their pitching slips some.

Ben

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The A's are in some trouble they relay so much on pitching that without some of their key starters what are they going to do?

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben:

The A's are in some trouble they relay so much on pitching that without some of their key starters what are they going to do?

Well they won today and Mike Wood got his first Major League win so that's a start.

TRD

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Yep i see that...The A's have been having a bit of a rough patch i hope they pick up now or the playoffs will be a long way off..

Ben

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Well the A's still won without a premier starting pitcher...we shall see how the hold up down the strech.

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 03:40 PM
link   
The A's spanked the BlueJays today 17-2 !

I'm sure the A's were happy to see that Hudson's hand was well enough to let him pitch. They pulled him after 6 innings of work and he picked up the win. They're gonna need him, Zito, and Harden to pitch well down the stretch if they want that wild card spot.

Obviuosly they're bats are really going right now as well. I think the AL wild card race will come down to the final week, the A's and BoSox both have really good teams.

TRD

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Oh yessss a big win for the A's with my man Tejada doing great..

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 12:18 AM
link   
The bullpen has just done a stupendous job this road trip with all the injuries to the starting rotation.

TRD

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fox Mulder
The bullpen has just done a stupendous job this road trip with all the injuries to the starting rotation.

Totally agree Fox i just hope they can keep it going and the batters can do their job also..

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Miguel Tejada homered and had three hits as the Athletics beat the Toronto Blue Jays 8-6 Monday night and Seattle lost to the BoSox 8-1 giving the A's a first place tie with the Mariners in the AL West.

Tejada went 15-for-31 as Oakland went 5-2 on a trip to Boston and Toronto. The Athletics, who lost Mark Mulder to a stress fracture in his right hip, are tied with Seattle atop the AL West, holding a share of first place for the first time since May 15.

While Oakland has won three straight and at 76-55 is a season-high 21 games over .500, Seattle has lost six straight.

Ted Lilly (7-9) won for the first time in five starts since July 25, allowing three runs -- two earned -- and eight hits in 6 1-3 innings. He struck out seven and walked three.

Oakland is also tied with Boston for the AL wild card spot, but I'm sure they'd rather win the division.

TRD

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Heyy A's on a roll lets hope they keep it going,The pitchers are doing well and Tedjada another homer...

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Tejada already has 2 homers and they're only in the bottom of the 5th!

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Hey, A's win again! First time they've been all alone in first place in the American League West since April 14.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 01:19 AM
link   
They're really on a roll now, Zito pitched well and they got 2 homers from Tejada who is red hot and 1 from Eric Chavez.

TRD

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Ohhh Yeahhhh come on A's..

Tejada is on fire..

As i said they need to keep it going..

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Shortstop Bobby Crosby of the Sacramento River Cats (The A's Triple-A farm team) was named Pacific Coast League Rookie of the Year last Tuesday.

Remember that name because the A's probably won't resign Miguel Tejada this Winter meaning Crosby will probably be his heir apparent.

TRD

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 04:33 PM
link   
hrmmm thats not good Tejada is my Favourite player for the A's..

TRD

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Heyyy A's won again 6-4 they are sure on a roll....:bounce:

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Yup and Seattle lost to Tampa Bay again so the A's are now 2 games up in the American League West.

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fox Mulder
Yup and Seattle lost to Tampa Bay again so the A's are now 2 games up in the American League West.

What a turnaround in the past 2 weeks from Oakland in the wild card race to 2 games up in the division. It's gonna be an interesting September in both leagues.

new topics
top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join