It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: Oakland A�s

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Well pitcher Rich Harden makes his major league debut tonight, starting tonight's game in Kansas City.

I live in Sacramento and have heard a lot of great things about Harden while he's been pitching with the Triple-A Sacramento River Cats before his call up. I hope he does well.

TRD

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fox Mulder
Well pitcher Rich Harden makes his major league debut tonight, starting tonight's game in Kansas City.

I live in Sacramento and have heard a lot of great things about Harden while he's been pitching with the Triple-A Sacramento River Cats before his call up. I hope he does well.

Yep i have my fingers crossed i havnt heard of him but i will take your judgment on him.....

As for yesterday.....

Ted Lilly was tagged for six runs in five innings today as the Twins completed a four-game sweep of the A's.
This was the one time the A's didn't want Lilly to emulate the big three. The left-hander continued his pattern of wildness both in and out of the strike zone. Since Lilly was decent in his previous start, he probably won't be pulled from the rotation right now. However, he can't afford to have another bad start next time out.

The slumping Eric Byrnes has been dropped from the leadoff spot today. He's batting seventh.
Frank Menechino, starting at second base in place of Mark Ellis, is in the leadoff spot. Until Byrnes gets hot again, he isn't worth owning in shallow mixed leagues.

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I saw part of the game tonight.

Harden looked great.

He was a big part in ending the A's losing streak.

TRD

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I saw part of the game tonight.

Harden looked great.

He was a big part in ending the A's losing streak.

So he pitched well then? Yes im glad they got the win its about time...

TRD

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Tim Hudson gave Oakland its second straight strong pitching performance, allowing one hit in seven innings Tuesday to lead the Athletics over the Kansas City Royals 10-0.

Erubiel Durazo hit two homers and drove in three runs for Oakland, which handed Kansas City only its second shutout loss this year.

Eric Chavez homered and drove in three runs for the Athletics, and Adam Piatt and Ramon Hernandez hit solo homers. The A's had 13 hits, including 10 for extra bases.

Oakland has won two straight following a four-game losing streak and took the season series from the Royals 6-3. On Monday, Rich Harden pitched seven sharp innings in his major league debut.

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD:

On Monday, Rich Harden pitched seven sharp innings in his major league debut.

Yeah the only disappointing part about that is he didn't get the win.

TRD

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Why didn't he get the win???

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Because he was taken out of the ballgame when the score was tied at 1.

TRD

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Because he was taken out of the ballgame when the score was tied at 1.

Ok cheers Fox...The thing is we dont get many games over here in the UK only 2 a week and most times i only manage to see 1,so its hard for me to keep track of everything...

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD:

Ok cheers Fox...The thing is we dont get many games over here in the UK only 2 a week and most times i only manage to see 1,so its hard for me to keep track of everything...

That's cool.

Harden pitched again today and got his first Major League win in a rout of the Anaheim Angels.

TRD

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 07:14 PM
link   
1st win thats cool and a win for the A's...

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Harden pitched again today and got his first Major League win in a rout of the Anaheim Angels.

Nice, I just saw that, he should be good and he has a good offense for his run support.

That's all that rotation needs is another good pitcher, they are stacked! Zito, Mulder, Hudson, Lilly, and now Harden.

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Hey! Nice job by the A's again today.

Routed the Angels 10 to 1 and have now cut the Mariners' lead to 3 games in the American League West.

They're in striking distance again.

TRD

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Yeah 10-1 they did good again...They are closing in on the top and with Zito pitching today another win could be on the cards...

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Miguel Tejada (SS) Oak confessed yesterday that he has been trouble by a sore right thumb for over a month, according to the San Jose Mercury News. "I didn't have any power in my hands because every time I hit the ball I was dropping my right hand," said Tejada. "I'm fine now." He said the thumb injury was a factor in a 26-game homerless streak that ended with a two-run dong Sunday.

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Rich Harden got his first loss today.

TRD

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 06:50 PM
link   
harden has done well lately,nice to see tejada hit a couple aswell,been away so i'll have to get back in the swing..

Ben

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Are teh A's currently out of the wild card race? I do belive that the Yankees are in first three games aheaad of the Red Sox's and the A's are behind them.

TRD

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben
Are teh A's currently out of the wild card race? I do belive that the Yankees are in first three games aheaad of the Red Sox's and the A's are behind them.

Dammit i didnt know that,anyone else know???

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben:

Are teh A's currently out of the wild card race?

Nope, after today, the A's and the Red Sox have the same identical record in the Wild Card race.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join