It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: Phillies

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 09:11 PM
link   
The Fightin' Phils looked good tonight beating the Braves and Maddux 16-2. Maddux gave up 9 runs and Jim Thome and Pat Burrell each had two homers. Vicente Padilla pitched seven solid innings with 9 KO's for his first win of the season.

Ben

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 10:30 AM
link   
The Phils looked like a very solid team all around they crushed Maddux, he is not the same pitcher he already lost 3 on the season and has given up 24 runs in 3 games, that not a good stat. The Phils played soild and Thome is coming up big for the Phils. Padilla is a good pitcher look for him to have more games like this one.

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 03:55 PM
link   
The Phils are going to be tough this year. We loved Thome here in Cleveland and it was painful to see him go. Not since Kosar was a sports figure loved so much in this town. That said, I'm rooting for the Phillies as my NL team.

[Edited on 10-4-2003 by Bob88]

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Hey Bob88, good to see ya over here!

Jim Thome is definitely a great ball player as well as a class act. I cant tell you how happy I was when he signed on with the Phils, as I am sure you were disappointed to see him go. He defines how the game should be played, doesn't say a whole lot but goes out and plays tough every night, as well as being a leader in the clubhouse. I think Thome will help get the Phils to the next level, should be a great season!

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 12:06 AM
link   
The Phillies beat the Reds tonight 13-2 and scored all 13 runs in the 4th inning! Go Fightin' Phils!

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 12:31 AM
link   
The Phils won again tonight against the Marlins but starter Vincente Padilla left the game with an injury after being hit by a pitch. Jim Thome had another good game, he hit a 2 run triple.

posted on Apr, 20 2003 @ 01:31 AM
link   
The Phillies beat Atlanta 4-0 tonight with a nice four hit shutout complete game by Vicente Padilla. He was really on with his pitching, staying ahead in the count to almost every batter. Have you noticed how rare a complete game is in the majors anymore??

posted on Apr, 20 2003 @ 06:08 PM
link   
The Phils reactivated Brandon Duckworth from the DL today vs Atlanta and he got shelled. The Phils lost 8-1 to drop to 10-9.

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I just got tickets to the Phils game this Sunday afternoon against Bonds and the Giants. Should be a good game, Millwood is pitching and I am sitting in a luxury box.
I live about 15 minutes from Philadelphia, I usually catch 10-15 games per year. This is the last year for Veterans Stadium, man I have alot of memories there between the Phillies, Eagles, and a couple concerts (PinkFloyd was the best I saw there).

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican:

I just got tickets to the Phils game this Sunday afternoon against Bonds and the Giants.

Well I hope you guys win, Proud. I'm a Dodgers' fan. I got to root against the Giants.

I listened to the game today on the radio and it was brutal. 2 to 2 tie, in the Top of the 8th. Bases loaded, 2 out. J.T. Snow up and he hits a popup that would have ended the inning.

Only, the fielder (Burrell I think?) dropped it! 3 runs score. Giants go on to win it 7 to 4.

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Unfortunately I caught the end of this game after the disappointing Flyers loss. Like Frank said, it was 2-2 in the eight with 2 outs and a routine fly ball to left and Pat Burrell dropped it, all three runners scored and Snow ended up on third. The next batter, Grissom, hits a two run homerun, 7-2 Giants. Terrible loss for the hils.

Thanks Frank, I hope they win too. I like the Dodgers, they seem to be off to a slow start.

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican:

I like the Dodgers, they seem to be off to a slow start.

Yup, their offense is off to a slow start. Dodgers were last in batting average and runs scored at the beginning of this week, hehe.

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
I just got tickets to the Phils game this Sunday afternoon against Bonds and the Giants. Should be a good game, Millwood is pitching and I am sitting in a luxury box.

What a game !!! Kevin Millwood pitched a no-hitter against the first place Giants, the Vet was rocking today!! This was by far the best baseball game I have ever been to. The Phillies only ended up with one run on four hits, but Millwood was awesome, only walked 3 and struck out 10.

Backup CF Ricky Ledee had a huge part in the win and no hitter. He hit a solo homer for the Phillies only run, made an incredible catch in CF in the 7th inning to keep the no hitter alive, and then caught the last out.

This was a game I'll never forget, never thought I'd see a no hitter. The only low point was when the game was over, the typical Philly fans celebrated the no hitter by littering the outfield with beer bottles and soda cups, pretty stupid if you ask me.

TRD

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Wow that must have been good espicially against the giants who are top,is it that rare to get a no hitter?

Looks like the cleaners will earn their money

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Yeah it is pretty rare, the last no-hitter by the Phillies was 12 years ago and the last one in the whole league was exactly one year ago by Derek Lowe of Boston.

Ben

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 08:16 AM
link   
The No- NO was pretty cool, i was watching the Draft and they cut to the game to show it. Very special moment. I knew i should have picked Millwood up for the draft.

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I wish the Phils could get their offense going, they have some guys who could put up some pretty big numbers, but they're struggling offensively so far. Thome should have more than 3 hr's and hes only batting around .260.

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Whats up with the Phils, how do you lose to the Padres? They still are having trouble scoring runs, even with one of the more potent offensive lineups in the league. Last night against the Pads, they scored one run in the top of the 10th, then Jose Mesa came to pitch in the bottom of the 10th to close the game and was shelled, getting only one out before they scored their second run of the inning to win the game.

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 12:01 AM
link   
The Phils got banged up tonight 10-1 against the D-Backs. Padilla has been solid so far this year, but gave up a first inning grand slam to Matt Williams and it was all downhill from there.

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 11:45 PM
link   
The Phils shut out the Astros 2-0 tonight, Jim Thome knocked Houston's starter Wade Miller out of the game in the first inning with a smokin line drive off his leg. Last night, Thome had a monstrous homerun to the upper deck in right field at the Vet. He is a perennial slow starter, now that April is over he should really heat up, he has so far in May.

The Phillies and Braves both won tonight, so Atlanta keeps its 2 1/2 game lead over the Phils.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join