Baseball: Phillies

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 10:20 PM
link   
actually he didn't get a warning, just the salad. (tossed)

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Yeah he got the instant ejection which was ludicrous, but I also hate that new warning rule when they do use it.

TRD

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 06:15 PM
link   
whoahh Phillies lost again what is happening to them????

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 12:23 AM
link   
same thing with the marlins...both of these teams are struggling badly but I hear they are facing eachother tomorrow? This series could be a huge factor in the wild card race

how exciting that there are 5 teams tied for the wild card lead right now, I have to say I haven't seen a playoff race with so much exciting potential for a long time...maybe even EVER

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cannon
same thing with the marlins...both of these teams are struggling badly but I hear they are facing eachother tomorrow? This series could be a huge factor in the wild card race

how exciting that there are 5 teams tied for the wild card lead right now, I have to say I haven't seen a playoff race with so much exciting potential for a long time...maybe even EVER

Yup, 5 way tie, should be exciting. Actually the Marlins play a 3 game series with the Expos starting tomorrow and Montreal is also one of the teams tied. The Phillies go to Shea for 3 with the Mets. The Phils still have 6 games left against the Marlins, 3 in each stadium. I hope the Phils can get back on track here, it's gonna be REAL interesting.

TRD

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 03:51 PM
link   
heyy did i see the phillies winning today..

TRD

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 05:20 PM
link   
The Phillies are entering the final mile of the marathon that is a baseball season. They stumbled a bit around the final turn, losing two of three to the Reds but know that the Wild Card is still there for the taking. The Phils lost no ground in the NL Wild Card race on Sunday as the Marlins lost as well.

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I believe with Florida's win last night, over Philadelphia, the Marlins are now 2 games up on the Phillies now.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 12:45 AM
link   
The Phillies traded for Billy Wagner!!!

TRD

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
The Phillies traded for Billy Wagner!!!

Nice trade wagner is a good pitcher,who did they trade him for?

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Nice trade wagner is a good pitcher,who did they trade him for?

Brandon Duckworth and 2 minor league pitchers, looks like a steal to me! :bounce:

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 12:16 AM
link   
That's a great trade for you guys, PA.

What the heck is Houston thinking?

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fox Mulder
That's a great trade for you guys, PA.

What the heck is Houston thinking?

I was wondering the same thing, maybe trying to reduce salary. A closer was one of the Phillies main objectives in the off-season and they got Wagner a week before free agency even opens. Another offseason victory (Thome last year), hopefully this will get them over the hump and into the playoffs.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Its only December and the Phils have had an excellent off-season already.

They've highly upgraded their pitching staff with the additions of closer Billy Wagner from Houston, set-up man Tim Worrell from SF, and starter Eric Milton from the Twins. They also are going to arbitration with Kevin Millwood so there is a good chance of him returning.

Hopefully David Bell is healthy and Pat Burrell can find his swing again, the Phils should be serious contenders in 2004. I sure hope so, what better way to open our new ballpark! Go Phils!

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Oh man! You guys are killing me, PA.

Got swept at home by the Giants.

You guys are doing what the Padres did to us the last few years and that drove me nuts. You guys always kick the crap out of us but get the crap beaten out of you by the Giants.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join