It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: Phillies

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2003 @ 12:00 AM
link   
The Phillies wasted 11 K's by Kevin Millwood tonight. They yanked him in the eigth and in the ninth closer Jose Mesa allowed four runs and the D-Backs got one more to win 6-1. I hate when they bring in the closer in a tie game, they are supposed to be for finishing the game.

posted on May, 18 2003 @ 11:31 AM
link   
The Phillies and Astros are on ESPN's Sunday night baseball tonight, should be a good game with Millwood pitching.

TRD, will this be televised over there? If so, I guess it doesn't start until around 1 am.

TRD

posted on May, 18 2003 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Yeah PA we have the Astro's v Phillies on at 00:55am till 04:30am on CH 5..so it will be a late night for me..

posted on May, 18 2003 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Yeah PA we have the Astro's v Phillies on at 00:55am till 04:30am on CH 5..so it will be a late night for me..

Gonna stay up for it? Thats dedication, I know you want to scout Jeff Bagwell, lol! :bounce:

TRD

posted on May, 18 2003 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican

Gonna stay up for it? Thats dedication, I know you want to scout Jeff Bagwell, lol! :bounce:

Of course me and Jack D won't miss this one....:bounce:

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 06:01 PM
link   
The Phillies swept a doubleheader from the A's today with a good combo of offense, pitching, and defense. They won the first 7-1 and the second 8-3. Kevin Millwood and Randy Wolf got the wins.

It made it a little sweeter since TRD is an A's fan.

So when do we play the Giants *cough nyeff. The Phillies dont play Ben's team the Yankees this season.

TRD

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Yep the Phillies did well...(he says reluctlenty)....

I think you could say the A's got well beat...

posted on Jun, 10 2003 @ 04:34 PM
link   
The Phillies should play in the A.L. West. They'd win the division.

They shutout the Angels last night as well.

posted on Jun, 11 2003 @ 04:02 AM
link   
The Angels beat the Phillies tonight 2-2 behind strong pitching from Lackey.

TRD

posted on Jun, 14 2003 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Dunn bowled over Philadelphia catcher Mike Lieberthal as he tried to score after the Cincinnati Reds had built a double-digit lead, then charged the mound and sparked a brawl during a 15-1 victory Friday night.

This was not a company picnic.

Phillies manager Larry Bowa and two players from each team were ejected after both benches and bullpens emptied and players squared off.

"At that point, it's not about baseball anymore,'' said Reds first baseman Sean Casey, who was ejected along with Dunn.

Dunn, a football player at Texas who is the biggest player on the Reds, went after reliever Carlos Silva after he threw two inside pitches in the sixth. The first was just under his knees, drawing a warning from plate umpire Doug Eddings.

The next pitch was another fastball behind Dunn's back. Eddings immediately ejected Silva --Bowa got an automatic ejection as well -- and Dunn hesitated.

The 6-foot-6, 240-pound outfielder tightened his batting glove and sprinted for the mound, but Lieberthal tackled him around the legs from behind just as he got there.

Well that was a bit of excitment....

Heres the link to the rest of the story...

sports.espn.go.com...

TRD

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Bobby Abreu has softened his stance on hitting leadoff, The Philadelphia Inquirer reported June 12. Good thing. Manager Larry Bowa might use Abreu at the top of the order to spark the struggling offense. Bowa and Abreu discussed the matter on June 11. "It went OK," Bowa told the newspaper. "I just told him to think about it on the day off." According to The Inquirer, Bowa did not rule out looking at Abreu in the leadoff spot this weekend. "If it helps the team, I might do it," Abreu said. "But I've always been a 3-4-5 guy. I'm most comfortable there."

Sir

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I've just read the report on that Phillies game,does it happen much in baseball where they square up to each other?.

TRD

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Well i'm not to sure if it happens alot,in the time i have been watching it i have only seen it happen a few times....

Well PA the phillies were rained off when they were leading 1-0.....

posted on Jun, 16 2003 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Well i'm not to sure if it happens alot,in the time i have been watching it i have only seen it happen a few times....

Well PA the phillies were rained off when they were leading 1-0.....

It's not too rare for a little brawl in baseball! :bounce:

The Phils rained out again.

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 07:36 PM
link   
What a Phillis game last night! Atlanta's Mike Hampton threw 7 1/3 innings of no-hit ball until Marlon Byrd singled. They tied the game up that inning, and then Jimmy Rollins hit an RBI double off John Smoltz in the bottom of the 9th to bring home the winning run. It was Smoltz's first loss in ovr a year!

Larry Bowa got ejected after he threw a major temper tantrum, I thought he was going to burst a blood vessel. He was kicking dirt on the ump, kicking dirt on home plate, threw his hat, it was pretty funny. I really think that got the players going.

posted on Jun, 21 2003 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Phils rained out again.

TRD

posted on Jun, 21 2003 @ 11:19 AM
link   
PA you got you canoe out yet man thats alot of rain...lol

posted on Jun, 21 2003 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
PA you got you canoe out yet man thats alot of rain...lol

I'm so glad I know how to swim well. I was thinking about trading my truck in for a canoe.

It's gonna be like Venice around here soon.

TRD

posted on Jun, 21 2003 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Well they have finally got a game and are up 1-0 in the 2nd....

posted on Jun, 21 2003 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Well they have finally got a game and are up 1-0 in the 2nd....

Bobby Abreu went yard off the mighty Pedro Martinez. :bounce:

Go Fightin' Phils !

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join