It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From science and computers, a new face of Jesus

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Normally, I wouldn't restart such a heavily discussed topic, but since so many people in the past have argued this point. I thought some of you might find it interesting.
If you've already seen this, sorry. Just pretend you didn't see it, this time.

The Jesus pictured on the cover of this month's Popular Mechanics has a broad peasant's face, dark olive skin, short curly hair and a prominent nose. He would have stood 5-foot-1-inch tall and weighed 110 pounds, if the magazine is to be believed.
www.cnn.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a peasents face? as in poor?...poor people have certain facial characteristics?

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Doesn't look poor, look like well-fed.

And he is kind of brown skinned, bet that picture will never be accepted by many whites.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Well, Im white lol. Perfectly fine, I guess. The thing that most western Christians don't understand is that, they think he would be white of european decent..well...he would most likely look like something of Saddam's decent lol..

-wD

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 01:01 PM
link   
who cares what he looked like? noone can even be sure no matter how much you knew about the area at that time

all we know was he was a good man, maybe even the *son* of god* or whatever

yes im a cristen but i keep my mind open

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dmsoldier

Not many people are like you.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Wasn't that picture out a year ago? I recall seeing it in the news last year for the Popular Mechanics Cover. It's an interesting article but highly doubtful they could know what Jesus looked like.

[Edited on 23-11-2003 by Sapphire]

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfup

Originally posted by Dmsoldier

Not many people are like you.

im sure there are, but the wako ones are always talking

im not "realy" christen i only go to churg like once a year

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 02:37 PM
link   
we have the shroud of turin or however it is spelled. provided this is the true shroud (which it is in my opinion. carbon dating is proven to be flawed, so i disreguard any info they derive from it) then we have the face, body structure and height of the true christ right there. plain as the eye can see. pun intended

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by forsakenwayfarer
we have the shroud of turin or however it is spelled. provided this is the true shroud (which it is in my opinion. carbon dating is proven to be flawed, so i disreguard any info they derive from it) then we have the face, body structure and height of the true christ right there. plain as the eye can see. pun intended

ya i saw that show,

they say that the "carbon" could have been messedup, showing its a early age,

but who to beleave?

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 02:47 PM
link   
im not talking about the fire the shroud was exposed to, which very well did ruin any shred of evidence that carbon dating could have proven. no, im talking about the fact that inherently carbon dating itself is flawed.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 02:52 PM
link   
oh i see,

its entesting at least, but i dont dont ever think they could ever say that it was from that time period..

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I've read that the Merovingians apparently hated their enemies so much so, that they dragged their leader into a church, ripped off parts of his beard, beat him and then created a 'Jesus Imprint' of his face, "known as the shroud of Turin" these days, just to mock their catholic enemies and their ideas. I wouldn't doubt it if that was the case really. It's certainly not Jesus' face on that thing.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 05:45 PM
link   
If he was really 5'1 and weighed 110, his BMI would be 20.8. Pretty good, since that's exactly in the middle of the "normal" range.

I'm 5'8 and I weigh 110. Not too good.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 05:55 PM
link   
im 6'4" and i weight 130.

anyway. please, by all mean, show me a shred of proof that it is not jesus. i may not have any proof it is, but i highly doubt you do either. so please, dont run around using opinion as fact. youll notice i added the 'in my opinion' to my earlier post.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 05:56 PM
link   
A cristen? Whats a cristen? lol j/k.

Open minds are good..even if the *powers that be* don't say so. . .if you catch my drift

-wD

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by forsakenwayfarer

~~++~~

good observation....
didnt the Turin burial cloth measure the figure at 5-9" ?
or just a smidgen above the 'norm' for that time & place?

Also, the 'jesus' or real jesus...was supposto be in the Essenes sub-group, which made him a vegetarian among other things...

the article, i think, is just FLUFF...
but printing it, got this thread at least --> to respond
not only the controversy...but the magazine name has been publicized, too

**see subliminal advertizing thread running right now at ats**

??remember Zorba the Greek movie?? is this face a artists rendition of a B&W movie character, called Zorba?

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 07:54 PM
link   
This old rag? I wouldn't describe it as "plain" at all. You really can't see anything, for certain.

The Electron Optics Group at McCrone Associates (John Gavrilovic, Anna Teetsov, Mark Andersen, Ralph Hinsch, Howard Humecki, Betty Majewski, and Deborah Piper) in 1980 used electron and x-ray diffraction and found red ochre (iron oxide, hematite) and vermilion (mercuric sulfide); their electron microprobe analyzer found iron, mercury, and sulfur on a dozen of the blood-image area samples. The results fully confirmed Dr. McCrone's results and further proved the image was painted twice-once with red ochre, followed by vermilion to enhance the blood-image areas.

www.mcri.org...

[Edited on 11-23-2003 by Satyr]

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 10:19 PM
link   
erm... kinda looks like an Arab or Iranian

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Very interesting. Pure speculation I think.

Certainly there is no reason to believe that Christ resembled a Nordic Giant of any degree.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join