It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we capable of seeing Aliens?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I remember seeing Star Trek, a borg episode. The Borg don't recognize the humans because they don't consider them a treat.

Why shouldn't that be true in our case?

What if Aliens are out of our visual range?

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfup
I remember seeing Star Trek, a borg episode. The Borg don't recognize the humans because they don't consider them a treat.

It's hard to say, lets just hope they don't have a taste for humans either ... hmmm maybe that's why so many people go missing every year

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 06:40 PM
link   

see, that doesn't work, because most of us don't see ANYTHING as a threat unless it's wielding a sniper or has hijacked a plane.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sapphire
It's hard to say, lets just hope they don't have a taste for humans either ... hmmm maybe that's why so many people go missing every year

Interesting argumet. But you can't prove it is right, then again I can't prove it is wrong either

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Okay.. yeah that was a tv show. The theory in that was the borg operates at a hive type of capacity. Duties were to be executed with optimal performance. The borg wouldn't deviate from their plans untill the threat arose.

We aren't the borg being controled by a hive mind, and we can think for ourselves.. although you are right about aliens being out of our visual range. If aliens wanted their presence to be noticed something obvious would have happened already.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 06:42 PM
link   
my belief (though this is word of mouth, i havent been fortunate enough to "trip") is that there are certain things outside of our range of perception. define reality? its just like asking "what is the matrix?" i also believe that we can quite possibly glimpse these realms through the use of meditation (this takes MUCH TIME and effort) or quickly through the use of certain chemicals. lsd-25. mescaline. etc and so on.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrRadicalEd
We aren't the borg being controled by a hive mind, and we can think for ourselves..

how would you know?

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by effigyrelease

We aren't the borg being controled by a hive mind, and we can think for ourselves..

how would you know?

Well.. you have a favorite color? or a type of food that you like? Certinely you can choose which tv show you want to watch without anyone telling you? Does anyone tell us what our likes and dislikes are?

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Wonder if Aliens are capable of sustaining in our environment.

How would you know that Aliens make their presence noticable, for all we know fall of civilizations might be because of Alien situations.

Aliens try to communicate with Egyptians, no reply, decide they are not worth living, destory them. Move on to different civilizations until they get noticed.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by effigyrelease

how would you know?

Well.. you have a favorite color? or a type of food that you like? Certinely you can choose which tv show you want to watch without anyone telling you? Does anyone tell us what our likes and dislikes are?

but, see, the thing controlling you could let you have some choices, but then take over when something big has to be done. and it'll probably want to make things seem natural and not make it obvious there is a big brother... by letting us have those choices.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 06:55 PM
link   
effigyrelease, do you believe this is happening to all of us right now? That we are all pupets of this queen bee type figure? Seriously.. prove this that human beings can't think for themselves.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 06:57 PM
link   
We can't know for sure we are thinking for ourself.

Define think. Bascially brain interations.

We could be puppets of someone capable of triggering the brain to think what he or she or it wants us to think.

However that is very impossible.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 06:59 PM
link   

We can't know for sure we are thinking for ourself.

Define think. Bascially brain interations.

We could be puppets of someone capable of triggering the brain to think what he or she or it wants us to think.

However that is very impossible.

exactly.. and, no, i actually don't believe that is happening, just felt like arguing. heh. i'll bow out of the conversation now.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 07:02 PM
link   
MrRadicalEd = Nerd

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Define Nerd!

Can't wait to hear what MrRadical tells about you?

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Are we Borg? Everything I've read regarding UFOs and aliens has them being quite visible to the naked human eye. We can see them just fine.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Let's assume for a moment all the UFO stuff was just fake.

Would we discover Aliens if they are in a different visual range than us.

Borg...
I just picked an example I remember.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Yes with all the reports of UFOs something has to fly those things and I think they gotta be aliens. I know we all people on earth can think for our own. We achieved so much already. Remember UFO sightings go way way back. Artists even included UFOs in some paintings!

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 07:45 PM
link   
It doesn't make any sense, why do they have to visit us, if they don't want to be seen?

Why not contact us?

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 07:50 PM
link   
The Borg can see us, they just ignore us. The reason has been stated above.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join