It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dragons have to be real

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
We get way too many of these "ZOMG Dragons are Totally REEEEAL" threads.
As for me, I'm still waiting for Jeepin4x4Girl's pics.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   
In my opinion dragons are the direct result of our ancient ancestors digging up the fossilised remains of dinosaurs and not realising what they were.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Personally i feel that they existed at one time, Lack of fossil evidence really doesnt mean a whole lot as we are constantly finding new fossils of different creatures that we didnt know existed before. not to mention all of many possible different creatures that we will likely never know existed just because they didnt die in a way that would allow them to be fossilized at all. As far as their being unable to fly maybe one day someone will explain to the bumblebee that he also shouldnt be able to fly as well. I mean hell we are still finding living animals on this planet that we didnt know existed. And the Panda is a good example of that the chinese had been telling people for a good many years that they existed before one was actually caught.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 01:31 AM
link   
so was scanning the web for something to help support this thread..check out this site very intresting never heard of this before..

www.crawley-creatures.com...

hope this helps a little

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 01:32 AM
link   
oh heres the link to the actual article about the dragon

images.google.com...://www.crawley-creatures.com/recent/recentimages/dragons1.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.weirdasianews.com/2007/0 6/29/real-dragon-fossils-on-display-in-china/&h=263&w=350&sz=27&hl=en&start=6&um=1&tbnid=-pUkJGk94uRWaM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=120&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dreal%2Bph otos%2Bof%2Bdragons%26svnum%3D10%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Perhaps dragons WERE real before, and now they don't exist anymore.

I mean, you just can't say they're real without backing up or providing evidence and such.

I can understand if you can deeply believe in dragons and their existence, but still, if you want people to believe they exist, give something that supports the claim.

Speaking of the breathing fires, it's most likely a fiction that made up by humans.

[edit on 21-9-2007 by TheoOne]

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfup

Originally posted by neodragon
There are so many sightings and writings and recordings of dragons all across the globe, so I just want to know what yall think

What sightings? I don't remember one and I'm sure no one on Earth living remembers one.

I remember only Bible and other old texts mentioning them.

actualy there are living people who have seen dragons. i for one have. now to go right to conclusions thinking im a nut case or something but as i was driving with my family to our vaction spot, i saw a lizard like figure in the sky flaping and swaying from side to side. it appeared to have a tail and then it disappered. so if anyone wants to tell me its just a cloud or an alien or to keep discussing this topic just e-mail me at [email protected]

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 12:19 AM
link   
so many reports on dragon sightings, how could they not be real?! i think they are real! me and my friends have seen em'! i got no proof but im pretty sure i saw one. i was driving a friend home and she had said she had seen a tail
comming out of he lake and as i looked, i saw a group of trees (there were about 5) and one looked very odd, a purplish color. i looked once more and a tree was gone!

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
About 99 percent of all the species that ever lived on Earth have died out. It is possible that some sort of large creature that resemble dragons have lived at some point in time, maybe even with humans. But my thought is that some writings and reports made over hundreds of thousands of years ago were a bit over exaggerated. Many people, even recently, have written about beautiful female creatures that were half fish coming out of rivers and seas. Later, people realized that they were actually dugongs.... how you could mix a beautiful female creature with a creature like that is besides the point. but anyways, as you can see, it's very easy to mix eyewitness reports with what actually happens, especially if time is a factor.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by neodragon
There are so many sightings and writings and recordings of dragons all across the globe, so I just want to know what yall think

[edit on 21-6-2004 by John bull 1]

Jeez. Is this what passes for a thread around these parts?

Poor effort threadstarter. I hope to see some improvement on your next thread.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by neodragon

"""Thirdly, we can consider some biological evidence. There is a "fire-breathing" beetle called the bombadier beetle. Hydrogen Peroxide and Hydroquinone are contained in separate chambers in the beetle’s abdomen, from where it can be ejected to confront a predator with an explosive mixture reaching 212º F! Lastly, there is some paleontological evidence that a skull arrangement could have accommodated "fire-breathing.""""

taken from www.genesispark.org...
sorry i dont yet know how to do the external links...

in a post awhile back it was stated that chemicals were used to "shoot" fire out of their mouths but no "proof". here is one, and i will post more after i reseach it a little more

yes i do believe that at one time dragons roamed free along with other mythical creatures that we can not even fathom about... as i am a new member i will tentively post these as i find them but if i am overstepping my bounds please let me know.. ok?

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I noticed something interesting the other day, watching some of the larger waterfowl.
With herons, egrets, and pelicans, their flying profile fairly closely matches the flying profiles of dragons.
It seems to me that a sudden glimpse coupled with enough belief could make the sight into a dragon.
Keep in mind that something in the air can be hard to judge in size.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Dinos are dragons. Giant lizards... if a beetle can combine two chemicals to create an exlplosion, other things should be able to. "Fire" breathing dinosaurs.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
ACTUALLY
Dragons Are NOT Extinct.
There Is Komodo Dragons, Which Is Living Proof That They Are Not Extinct And Did Used To Live On Earth. Their Spit Is Acidic, And Kill In An Instant.
Read Up About Them They Are Pretty Amazing Creatures If You Ask Me.
x

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Don't know where you got your information from, but you couldn't be MORE wrong. They have saliva that's filled with bacteria. They bite their prey and infect them with a horrifying mix of diseases, and then simply wait for them to get sick and die. All of which can take a LONG time, but they're very patient and simply follow whatever they bit until it dies which doesn't take seconds, it can take WEEKS.

Although the Komodo dragon doesn't breath fire, it's mouth contains death. The saliva of the dragon contains at least 4 types of toxic bacteria. The dragon's tooth serrations harbor bits of meat from the dragon's last meal. Komodo dragons also frequently bite through their own gums as they eat. The saliva and blood combination and the protein-rich residue in the teeth provide an ideal culture for the bacteria. These make the dragon's breath quite foul! A Komodo's bite causes profuse bleeding and are slow to heal. Although a dragon is not always successful in immediately bringing down a large animal, the bitten animal usually dies soon after, usually within a week. Infected by the bacteria, its wounds become infected and turn septic (septicemia). The Komodo dragon tracks the weakened animal, harassing it until the animal finally dies.

www.draconian.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I am new to this but i think dragons are real.why wouldnt they so many cultures thay never made contact have them.i think they could either live in a undiscovered country/continent and/or another dimension through a portal and they could travel between ours and theirs.if so i do not know where it could be but possibly bermuda triangle and what could be happening could be interference from the portal.
Either way i believe dragons are real!.
I wonder

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople
Maybe dragons are just faint memories passed on through our subconscious memory from the dinosaur era. I mean, lots of animals are born with instincts that help them survive.

Are you implying that there were humans alive at the time of the dinosaurs?
Because if not then it would be impossible to have the latent memory in the first place.

[edit on 24-2-2008 by TheComte]

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I believe in dragons. They even get a mention in the Biblical Cannon!

This is what I believe:

The seventh realm is the Dragons realm.
Red dragons = Male and white dragons = Female.

Dragons, whether they are female or male are tough, they are warriors.
The Seraphim guard the highest realms.

Now most people assume that if they are a dragon that is all they can be. Dragons can also take the form of male or female human (depending on what sex they are)

The red dragons breath fire, the white dragons breath ice. So, if the two ever have a disagreement and fight, they never win. They counteract each other. If the male and female dragon are 'joined' then they are the best warriors to have, as they can do both.

Quite simply, if you are a Seraphim and are left to guard something and you leave it, the other Seraphim assigned to guard you, will kill you. It is the way it is, or the order of how things are. Under no circumstances, if you are a Seraphim, do you leave your post. They are the true warrior and fierce at that.

How better to guard something special? Leave the most terrifying red dragon to be the first thing you see. Would you want to hang around?

Out of this dragon walks a human being. It is a way of protecting the order of things and to test your calibre to see if you can go forward.

The dragon's realm is tight. Tough and they have a job to do and do it, regardless if that means killing one of their own.

Then there is the golden dragon. That is who the red and white dragons protect. The golden dragon is huge. Very few get past the Seraphim in order to see the golden dragon.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonwolf51

Sure there are, but notice the multitude of differences between the western and eastern dragons.

Depending on where you go, they are snakes with wings, giant snakes, fire breathing snakes, reptilians with wings and fire breathing, wise, ancient creatures, flying snakes, without wings, bearded flying snakes, etc.
Some are probably based on crocodiles or alligators.
Saying there is no proof they didn't exist, and that therefore they had is bad logic in my opinion.

For the above poster, were you near water? Take a long look at a heron when it's flying, it's profile strongly resembles the classical look of a dragon, down to rips in the wing from the feathers.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
dragons are real some peaple dont beleave in them so as a child if you make your self not to see ghosts dragons ect. you will not see them when your older some peaple say your justb seeing things and now to this day doctors come up with sycological medicen to stop things like that, so peaple call you disabled ect. so ya some peaple dont see them hear them feel them and even sence them. but i do i see them here them feel them.

there is one thing about them dragon can step through certin dimentions and onther worlds, peaple call me a stuped disable and lying out my, well you know,

here something for all of you, have you ever exsperiance unexplain pains scraches ect. when you wake up or come out of a meditaion,

it's a resalt of you, your being, soul ect. being in another world or dimention and coming back, it's like a gate way that you pass and return
it's the same thing that dragons do but insted of just being here they pass through with physical and metal being.

however it is hard to see dragon for some peaple but if someone that saw one for the first time there brain wont comprehend it so they resolt of some weard looking animal or some kind of freak of nature or not see them at all since the brain cant comprehend it, so your brain throws the image away like garbage and even if you come across one agin your brain will do the same thing agin.

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join