It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dragons have to be real

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   
When ever I think of dragons it leads to thoughts of other realms. Perhaps these creatures are and have always been in a place we can not see/touch...but, a place we know of somehow.
Maybe they were one of the odd creations of the Anniki, and the fossil remains were lost in the flood... still wondering.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by neodragon
There are so many sightings and writings and recordings of dragons all across the globe, so I just want to know what yall think

Several cultures state we are in the 4th or 5th "world".

A world in that context is a upspringing of civilization.

It seems to work on a 25,500 year cycle of birth and distruction.

If you look back into several mythologies scattered across the world you can draw very easily simularities.

These mythological tales are what is left over at a cataclisim. They are real events from another "world" (time).

It would seem Giants and Dragons are left over mythology from a couple of cycles ago.

In that, it's very likely Dragons were real.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
o in my opinon dragons are real because if they were not how could they have to many torys in different cultures across the globe about dragons...so they had to exsitst at some time right....but they probolie did not breath fire

Zaharda

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
My theory --and this is just me-- is that they do exist in another plane, yet are able to somehow -glitch- into our dimensions sometimes on accident. Personally I know they're out there, somewhere.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
go to sussex. find a a body of water near a rabbit hole you might see something surprising...

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Dragons have just as much of a chance at being real and they do being nothing but a fabrication of centuries of myths. So all this is scpeculation. Though i personally believe that we didnt exaggerate at all and the dragons were put under wraps just like all these other topics we sit here and discuss that are scrutinized by government officials. The truth will come out one day,

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Alright. I don't know if dragons do or don't exist. However I would like to beleive they do. Quite possibly they exist in a seperate plane than us but I'm not too sure about that because dragons have been spoken of using many different modern animals as food. Supposedly the Draco Americanas ate buffalo. Now I realize there aren't enough buffalo left to feed a single dragon anymore let alone help keep a whole species fed but it wasn't really that long ago that buffalo did roam the americas. Also I have a friend that described in detailed something he had seen when he was younger and lived in Pennsylvania. He didn't say that he saw a dragon but he described what he said looked like a very very large bird. It had no feathers but it had no scales either; he said it looked more like a tough leathery skin. the wings had "dew claws" on the tips (not sure what else to call them but hopefully that makes sence) and it's tail was almost as long as it's body with a point at the end not fur or feathers like a common amphithetre. It also had two legs (most dragons with legs aside from lindworms and wyverns had 4 legs and the amphithetre actually had none.) But from the description he gave me I told he had to have seen a dragon. I would imagine, closely related to the amphithetre but obviously one of it's parents had legs. There are some rather large caves in Pennsylvania though as well as remote areas with tall reeds (usual resting place of a common amphithetre.) And if dragons actually are intelligent as we have learned from almost all tales of them then wouldn't they learn to stay hidden from humans the majority of the time? I mean seriously though, because if there where some other species that was intelligent and started to hunt humans (like a lot of dragon hunters did in the old days), wouldn't we do the same thing? Tend to hide in caves or remote areas, maybe try to learn more about spiritual evolution so we can fade out of physical existence when we desire? There were many times in highschool that my teachers accussed me of skipping class because I would put myself in a state of mind where nobody would notice me because I had social anxiety.. I dunno just a thought though ;-)

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by neodragon

you are the stupidest dragon seeing crazy exclusive brethren gypsy i have never met

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
i reckon dragons exist in this realm, cos
1. how could soo many cultures across soo many different cultures, not even taking to each other, come up with exactly the same discription.
2.they probs dont wanna be found cos they know what would happen to them if humans found them.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
i reckon dragons exist in this realm, cos
1. how could soo many cultures across soo many different cultures, not even taking to each other, come up with exactly the same discription.
2.they probs dont wanna be found cos they know what would happen to them if humans found them.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I think Dragons are somehow related to goats.
I know goats don't have wings, scales and exhale
fire, but it's the eyes... the eyes you see?

Over the years, there has been many 'mysterious'
shapes seen in our skies and maybe... just maybe,
the things we think they might be... just might be.

As long as imagination exists, Dragons will soar in
the thermals (not thermal underwear).

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Dragons are simply the reptilian Alpha-Draconians of the ancient world...the Alpha-Draco are the royalty(master geneticists) with the wings but most of them are interdimensional beings who are VERY sinister, as one can find out if one looks into personal testamony of workers in underground military complexes or even in the Epic of Gilgamesh!

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
There may be some truth in the Draco theory, after all we
all know about the Draco-Goat connection and I personally
believe that Goats are related to these fearsome 'beasties'.

In some remote places, where mountains, forests and extreme
weather obscure a clear view, a Dragon could reside in safety
and remember, the terrain description I've just typed is the
exact terrain of Goats.
Makes you think nuh?

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
did you ever think maybe drangons and dinasours are the same thing!!!! i saw a video from a professor once about how in ancient times people called dinasours dragons witch makes perfect sence you have to see the video go to this url:

video.google.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Dragons probably came from something real. We've been around on this planet for just a few million years so we likely have seen something that accounts for everyone having seen them. History has these things running and flying around for about as long as people have been recording stuff. And the only reason I say about as long is because the cave dwelling people's weren't always so good at making them part of their art.
I say that they or something like them was and probably is real. What really concerns me with them is their astrological significance since most civilizations that bring them up do so and then point to the stars.

The problems with pin pointing exactly where this legend settles into a meaning comes from the variety of cultures that set them down to history. Some say they are keepers of certain gateways, dimensions, or portals. Modern myths put them as alien things, even going so far as to say the are part of the Draconans / Reptilians, whatever. Then others have them as sacred bearers of knowledge. Remember also, that doesn't mean that because they are sacred they are benevolent or anything related to it. Stoning people to death and the encouragement to do some comes from many sacred things. And then of course theres the unaccountable fantasy skew. I say unaccountable in a meaning to say that it is difficult to say precisely how much of the fantasy stories, written just for amusement and reader enjoyment, has fed into these legends skewing data which is already pretty horrible further. Also remember that most information being read today doesn't come from the cultures that made them but through translations from them by modern people who further often won't take the time to go and meet with these people, or those people's won't meet with the person making the records. People are extremely ignorant all around and they like the perpetuate this. Often willingly. Lastly, most historians whose books are getting read are western or westernized. Pure sources from public sources are honestly about as horrible a source as it comes.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Traditional pictures of dragons have always looked like dinosaurs to me.

So sure, I suppose they could have been real at one point.

The firebreathing part though? I'd bet my left nut that's a load of..

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by neodragon

I belive so, the last of the dinosaurs probably - I believe there has to be some truth in legends such as George and the dragon, It is easy to put it down as a fairy tale, but these stories have survived the ages, and since we know dinosaurs existed - even flying ones - who's to say that Dragons didn't exist!!

[edit on 1-12-2008 by MCoG1980]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harrisboy42
Traditional pictures of dragons have always looked like dinosaurs to me.

So sure, I suppose they could have been real at one point.

The firebreathing part though? I'd bet my left nut that's a load of..

Pterodactyls and other flying dino's....that is my bet.

The firebreathing would be completely possible. There was a show on Discovery a couple years ago detailing a biological (possible) basis for how firebreating can happen.

There are stories of pterdactyls being found in south america in somewhat recent times. then you have the "thunderbird" legends of the western american amerinds.

Fantastic, but possible.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join