It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dragons have to be real

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I go under the name of Black Star
I on my profession DO belive there are dragons,just in hibernating until they can come out.Or mabye all this pollution are keeping them away.

Dark Star

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
It is odd how myths about dragons from all over the world have large similarities. I doubt that this is just a large coincidence.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Could they be alien reptilians? And if so how long would an alien body last on an alien planet(Earth) before decaying completely? The aztecs god quetzalcotl was a flying serpent who amazing powers that sound like an E.T. wowing the crowd with displays of high technology. He could make it rain, until recently this was thought impossible, yet technology makes this possible. Here's a link for more insight into why i believe he was an E.T.
www.meta-religion.com...

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Rezwar

I don't feel that dragons are aliens. It is possible for something from the Earth to evolve into a reptilian creature that can create fire in its maw. To a dragon, fire-breathing would be as natural to it as a cobra spitting poison in the face of its enemies. Perhaps if people stopped treating it as a mystical power, the thought of dragons existing would be more believable for many.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
There are far too many accounts of serpent gods who spoke to people and gave technology to them in the distant past for me to conclude dragons were a natural part of earth.
Reptilian Gods-The Anunnaki
www.disclose.tv...

[edit on 23-12-2008 by Rezwar]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by neodragon

i do believe dragons r real and hav a question of my own. if i were looking to find one where would be the best place to look?

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by veryrandomannonomous

hey u r talking about dragons breathing fire and i just wanted to tell u how they do it. through my study i concluded that they produce any combustable venom and the use that to breath fire.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
in my opion i agree that dragons are real because of all the myths in diferent parts of the world that were creatied around the same time. it totaly can`'t be a coincidence.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I for one think dragons are very very real, but not in the mythical sense, but in the lizard sense

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yog the Sloth
It claims they ate limestone, which when digested produced gases (Oxygen or hydrogen I think. Assuming HCl as the stomach acid, would the chemistry not be 2HCl + 2CaCO2=H2 + 2CaCl + 2CO2, or is limestone CaCO3, I cant remember) which they retained to inflate, so that they could fly despite their cumbersome body mass. It also posits a gland in the roof of the mouth which produces an electrical spark, which enables them to ignite the gases to breathe fire. This was used to control landing, as well as in combat.

Sorry this is outdated but I can't resist a bit of chemistry talk...
Limestone is CaCO3, which means that the equation would overall be:
2HCl + CaCO3 -> CaCl2 + H2O + CO2.
Now water and CaCl2 can react exothermically, which would produce a canny bit of heat (hence why its classed as an irratant to moist skin - and it can produce burns)
Theoretically, this heat may somehow be able to be converted to fire... If something existed to produce a spark.
But the creature would have to have a massively insulated mouth and oesophagus.

Either way, I only searched this coz me and my mam were arguing about whether or not they could've existed in the past...

Now, lets say they did... (which I don't really agree with - I think maybe fear of dino skeletons combined with not knowing much about science at the time... And believing that God wouldn't let any of his creatures die out, therefore they must still exist somewhere... Could be an honest mistake, but you never know. I could be proven wrong!)
But yeah, if they did exist and ate limestone (nice diet plan
) then when they died, this limestone wouldn't be in their system anymore to carry out the reaction and if their stomach acid was horrendously strong then that could burn everything out... But then again, you've got the problem of the wings and stuff, you'd need a hell of a leak to burn off a WHOLE dragon. Plus CaCl2 is a solid, so they'd need to cough that up when they needed it and probably have to store it somewhere else in the meantime...
Then again, if people back then were scared of them, they might've cremated them. You know, to stop them getting back up from death. *Shrugs* Who knows.

I just thought I'd chip in since it's an interesting subject, even on an old thread. Sorry if someones corrected the limestone thing before, I just got blinded by chemistry equations (very, very sad of me) and had to jump in and reply.

Let's all go comb the Welsh countryside (partly in answer to dragonwind918) and see if we can find existence of dragons. I'm open to being proven wrong, after all! Although, lets not... Coz that'd prove my mam right and I'd really hate that!
But still, I think that 'mythical' is probably the best title for dragons. At least for now.

A.

Edit because I'd finished reading the thread

And because my typo's are horrendous.
[edit on 21-12-2009 by Ayana]

[edit on 21-12-2009 by Ayana]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
What if you were talking to someone who had personal experience with a dragon?

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Dragiero

Do you know of such a person?

If so, share?

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by neodragon
There are so many sightings and writings and recordings of dragons all across the globe, so I just want to know what yall think

[edit on 21-6-2004 by John bull 1]

I think if you are beyond the first phase of EXSTANCE which is considered life for all who are living and death for all who died then you would be able to travel way way up or way way down depending on your location and see them basking within the light and preying in the darkness for evil lost 1z to eat on ENERGY THAT IS...

OH AND BE CAREFULL FOR GETTING SO CLOSE TO UNIVERSAL BOUNDRIES USUALLY CAUSES 1 OF 2 THINGS you become light or gets lost in the real darkness you know that little bit of darkness that was here before this lil universe GOOD DAY ALL

[edit on 5/18/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Unfortunately there are things such as that which must remain silent, besides I do not believe you would take me seriously if I told you, but not the point. I have gone many other sights like this and people who claim to have there encounters all give a stroy that is relatively the same. I also have an unlce who is has a major in cryptology and an aunt who is a dracologist. Based on what I have collected I have been albe to locate some areas that match the stories.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Dragiero

Believe me, if you want to U2U me go ahead. I'm really interested in this stuff and I would take you seriously and accept what you have to say no matter what I personally believe as all opinions have the right to be heard

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I have a dragon in my garage.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Hey Jeepin4x4girl! I would send this in a U2U message but I dont have 20 posts yet....would you be able to U2U me whether you are hoaxing us or not? I won't tell anyone; it's for my own knowledge. Please let me know!

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayon
Don't forget the Komodo Dragon. I believe I heard that its the oldest unchanged species.

My thoughts exactly.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: BangMaid

6 years since the reply before yours LoL! Awesome thread necro!

I personally do believe dragons existed, it makes no sense for the Chinese zodiac to include a fictional creature.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

I found it difficult to believe they would have survived MAN in "Reign".
Unless the animal could violate the laws of Physics a .50 call would have EASILY punctured and killed them,much less AIRCRAFT (20mm) armor ,fighting vehicles...ain't no way.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join