It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just How Accurate Was the Game DEUS EX

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 03:45 PM
link   
It Isn't just a game... Just look on the LOADS of information!

stl.caltech.edu/dx.shtml

(sorry, without the http seems the link won't work)

[Edited on 24-11-2003 by Johnny]

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Here's a question for you: Who was your favorite character, and why?

DE

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 04:43 PM
link   
hmm... Probebly Jock. No real reason, I just thought he was pretty cool. That Black Helicopter was extremely cool.

Paul Denton got very annoying. I wish JC could say to him "# you, do it yourself!" at times.

Who stopped to help fight off MiB at Paul's Apartment? Like I was gonna run from that, lol. Lined the walls with LAMS. Hee hee.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I think Deus Ex is an accurate representation of what the world is going to be like in 60 or so years. Dark, violent, high-tech, ruled by corporations. I also liked how everyone had some sort of cybernetic implant. Some more than others....

My favorite character was the other Nano agent....the bad guy, I forget his name. He was just so....Agent Smith-like.

I played the demo for Deus Ex 2 last night. The graphics are....odd. I don't know whether I like them or not. But anyway, you're in what's left of Seattle 20 years after the first game and the country is now ruled by the WTO. Go figure... I think they just picked a random organization that conspiracy theorists hate. Last game it was MJ-12 and FEMA. Should've used the Office of Homeland Security...

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by UndergroundNetwork
hmm... Probebly Jock. No real reason, I just thought he was pretty cool. That Black Helicopter was extremely cool.

It took me a while to realize that Jock didn't have to get blown up. I was happy. Not that I was upset about Jock dying, I just liked the Black Heli.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnny
It Isn't just a game... Just look on the LOADS of information!

stl.caltech.edu/dx.shtml

(sorry, without the http seems the link won't work)

[Edited on 24-11-2003 by Johnny]

You should read the DX Bible. It includes everything anyone would want to know about the story behind DX (a lot of which is not mentionned in the game) and is freaking huge:

www.gamespy.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helioform
[You should read the DX Bible. It includes everything anyone would want to know about the story behind DX (a lot of which is not mentionned in the game) and is freaking huge:

www.gamespy.com...

Cool link.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 11:03 PM
link   

My favorite character was the other Nano agent....the bad guy, I forget his name. He was just so....Agent Smith-like.

Blasphemy! How dare you compare the great Deus Ex to the Matrix! Deus Ex is in a class of it's own.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
Here's a question for you: Who was your favorite character, and why?

DE

I liked J.C., Paul, Jock (he was like a faithful friend), and those two lesbians in the Lucky Money Club.

I also like the MiBs and WiBs and te MJ-12 Troopers

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo

Blasphemy! How dare you compare the great Deus Ex to the Matrix! Deus Ex is in a class of it's own.

True....it is. *bows head in shame*

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Ah, yes. Jock was my faithful sidekick. I also liked some of the characters at UNATCO. The little tidbits of conversation were cool, as well as listening to people - ESPECIALLY MIBs- stand around and mutter to themselves.

Them, and Capn' Jack.

DE

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 11:24 AM
link   
The twin towers texture was included with the game, though no-one would've seen it unless they were developing for the game.
I have worked on a few "mods" for the unreal engine games and still have the Deus Ex textures including the WTC. Only reason i have the textures is because i "borrowed" them for a map i was making for an Unreal Tournament mod. They were going to be the "skybox"(basically a piece of geometry made purely for use as a realistic sky).

Anyway, Here it is!

WTC Towers

Here's another piece of it for you doubters out there...

The Brooklyn Bridge

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Yeah. The fact that you could get alot of information from just standing there and listening was a great feature. The set pieces were cool too like when Simons killed the two captured NSF members in interogation.

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 10:38 PM
link   
One of the most interesting and great things about the Deus Ex story was that in the story, the New World Order never succeeded. The entire story was about them starting to take over, but at the 11th hour, they were stopped by J.C. Denton. Perhaps this will happen in our world as well, the NWO will fail just as they are about to succeed?

Of course, DX2 says that while the conspiracy fails and all Secret Societies get burned along with the U.S. government, etc. the big money takes over.

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 05:57 AM
link   
deus ex : absolute best game ive ever played.

wouldnt have been interested in all this conspiracy stuff if it wasnt for that game.

tracer tong = best character.

"My favorite character was the other Nano agent....the bad guy, I forget his name. He was just so....Agent Smith-like. "

walton simonns? bob page? probably bob page.

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 06:12 AM
link   
My favorite was listening to the two UNATCO guys argue. I don't know why, but I made sure to tranq most of the UNATCO guys. Dunno why. The game ellicits emotions pretty easily.

DE

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Yeah. As crazy as it sounds. It felt wrong.

I didnt mind killing off Manderly. Anna Navarra was easy, got Gunther pissed off, he must of had a thing for her, to bad I enjoyed icing his ass too which leaves us with Walton Simons. I didnt want to kill him. It would of been much more interesting to just find out about the whole plot etc. but one shot of my 20mm round and he was slush.

As you can tell, I got pretty involved in Deus Ex.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Ok. I just finished playing Deus Ex 2. Is it wrong that I'm starting to believe the things that they say in these games?? I never really beleived in the Illuminati but, I'm starting to...

I swear the people who made these games are some kind of psychics or prophets or something. They know something the rest of us don't. Everything that they predict is coming to pass. I KNOW the world will eventually be like the one predicted in these games. I'm really getting freaked out. Or maybe I'm finally going crazy....

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 11:24 AM
link   
So how is Deus Ex 2? I am going to pick it up tonight, and probably go on a non-stop gaming fest untill i beat it. I played the demo, and the graphics seemed kinda blurry...

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx
Ok. I just finished playing Deus Ex 2. Is it wrong that I'm starting to believe the things that they say in these games?? I never really beleived in the Illuminati but, I'm starting to...

I swear the people who made these games are some kind of psychics or prophets or something. They know something the rest of us don't. Everything that they predict is coming to pass. I KNOW the world will eventually be like the one predicted in these games. I'm really getting freaked out. Or maybe I'm finally going crazy....

Illuminati control media companies, media companies own most main stream computer game companies, they release a game on exactly the same subject they want to hide as they can then say, if anyone ever managed to speak out publicly "HE's TALKING ABOUT SOME DUM VIDEO GAME" and sadly most people think if its in a video game like that with nano this and sonar vision that, they think its bollocks.

Its the same with the movie JFK which was i belive an extremley accurate portrayal of events. They allowed this film to be made as they can deny it saying "uh that was a movie" and people will accept it.

I saw some really dumb documentary the other week where they recreated the assasination in a computer animation, they basically moved people around in the car (left, right, up and down etc) and altered the seats till the made a solution where its ozwold did it fireing 3 bullets with one hitting the pavment (proved - as a bystanders face was cust with shrapnel and a mark was found). It was the most unbeleaveable thing i have ever seen using a slickly presented animation to twist the facts, and so many people will accept it as its slickly presented by an "Honest" & "Impartial" media - HA what a joke.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join