It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And Evolution is OUT of the Picture!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 04:18 PM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

linky linky

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 04:21 PM
link   

news.bbc.co.uk...

linky linky

yes that is what this entire thing is about (lol)

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ozzie

you guys do realize darwin didn't beleive in his own theory?

It wasnt actually his own theory to begin with, he took the journey on the beagle to prove his fathers theory.

it wasnt actually his father, someone else already had the idea some years b4

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ozzie

you guys do realize darwin didn't beleive in his own theory?

It wasnt actually his own theory to begin with, he took the journey on the beagle to prove his fathers theory.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by outsidethemilkglass

news.bbc.co.uk...

linky linky

yes that is what this entire thing is about (lol)

at least u still awake

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 04:25 PM
link   
For a postulate to qualify as a scientific theory is must fulfill three basic criteria.

1. The postulate must be observable.

2. The postulate must be capable of repeatable experimental verification.

3. The postulate must withstand a falsifiability test, or an experiment must be conceived the failure of which would disprove the postulate.

Neither evolution nor creation can meet the above three criteria and thus are not theories but postulates. In fact neither are fully capable of becoming theories because of the limits of observing events that happened many years in the past

www.evanwiggs.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I don't mean to throw this debat off course, but I wanted to as this question here as there are many people's views I believe that are interesting, and I want to hear them all.

Prefacevery brief history of the Neanderthals and Cromagnons:
The Neanderthals, although the definition varies from scholar to scholar, they existed from about 200,000 years ago to around 30,000 years ago. They hunted for food, had their own language, despite it being basic and rather crude. They reproduced, and lived as sort of individual tribes or clans. Near to the end, but not absolute end, Cromagnons appeared threatening the Neanderthals life. Neanderthals were slowing fading from the picture as the Cromagnons population grew. Compared to the Neanderthals, the Cromagnons had a greater capacity and articulation of inteligence that gave birth to their own culture. Jewlery, art, a more complexe language, farming and even fishing. These traits of the Neanderthals and especially the Cromagnons show traits found in our civilization today

Good sources: www.geocities.com...
www.neanderthal-modern.com...
www-geology.ucdavis.edu...
Excellent Series: shopping.discovery.com...

Okay okay, the question at hand. How do the Neanderthals and Cromagnons fit in to Creationism? Is there any mention of the Cromags and Neaderthals in the bible? Were they just animals instead, and do they really have a connection or association with us, present day human beings?

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Okay okay, the question at hand. How do the Neanderthals and Cromagnons fit in to Creationism? Is there any mention of the Cromags and Neaderthals in the bible? Were they just animals instead, and do they really have a connection or association with us, present day human beings?

And yes that is interesting as evidence toward evolution, but they could also be things similar to people who went extinct. When something goes extinct we don't say that it evolved into a new species, we say it went extinct. Look at all the sides, not just the one presented.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 04:30 PM
link   
oh and in addition to darwin not beleiving his own theories, he feared one day someone would figuire out he was wrong.

Ohh and more... The chances of evolution have happening is a tornado goes through a junkyard and when it leaves, there is a mercedes there.

[Edited on 11-19-2003 by outsidethemilkglass]

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 04:31 PM
link   

For a postulate to qualify as a scientific theory is must fulfill three basic criteria.

1. The postulate must be observable.

2. The postulate must be capable of repeatable experimental verification.

3. The postulate must withstand a falsifiability test, or an experiment must be conceived the failure of which would disprove the postulate.

Neither evolution nor creation can meet the above three criteria and thus are not theories but postulates. In fact neither are fully capable of becoming theories because of the limits of observing events that happened many years in the past

www.evanwiggs.com...

evo is observable, there are actually al whole lott of repeats, point 3, euhhhhh sorry.....but thats not necessary :]

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Okay thats some good insight, but didn't answer my question.

Take my question and brief history of the cromagnons and neanderthals and out of the realm of evolution or a theory, and just what was discovered and is known of the two species. We know they had existed at some point..so how do they fit in to the realm of Creationalism

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 04:35 PM
link   

And yes that is interesting as evidence toward evolution, but they could also be things similar to people who went extinct. When something goes extinct we don't say that it evolved into a new species, we say it went extinct. Look at all the sides, not just the one presented.

on the dna level they have a lot in common with us. and did extinct..extinct in this way means whipped out by there own product..not the products of derelict [as third base claimed] but of evolution..

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 04:35 PM
link   
what did i not answer? I'm confused.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrRadicalEd

Take my question and brief history of the cromagnons and neanderthals and out of the realm of evolution or a theory, and just what was discovered and is known of the two species. We know they had existed at some point..so how do they fit in to the realm of Creationalism

I really want to hear this answered by a several religious people, it's a very good question. How do they fit in?

[Edited on 19-11-2003 by Zzub]

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 04:37 PM
link   

My question is:
How do the Neanderthals and Cromagnons fit in to Creationism?

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 04:38 PM
link   

oh and in addition to darwin not beleiving his own theories, he feared one day someone would figuire out he was wrong.

Ohh and more... The chances of evolution have happening is a tornado goes through a junkyard and when it leaves, there is a mercedes there.

[Edited on 11-19-2003 by outsidethemilkglass]

i have never met him personally but who says he didnt believe in his own theory ? there are some faults in it, like the sudden change, the change is believed to be more gradual, in small steps not the big ones he postulated but still L:]

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zzub

Originally posted by MrRadicalEd

I really want to hear this answered by a several religious people, it's a very good question. How do they fit in?

[Edited on 19-11-2003 by Zzub]

they fit in that they came before us, then they evolved and eventully turned into home sapiens, us...looks like they dont fit into Creationalism

[Edited on 19-11-2003 by jozuph]

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 04:41 PM
link   

euh i think that dna is not small enough to act like a particle like a photon.
[Edited on 19-11-2003 by jozuph]

Yes it's small enough.

"German scientists have recently demonstrated that a single fullerene molecule, composed of a sphere of 60 carbon atoms (the famous "buckyball"), can be in two places at once.

Few physicists doubt that as the technology advances, bigger and more complex systems will be shown to inhabit the quantum world. Fullerene molecules have a diameter similar to that of the DNA double helix. If fullerenes can enter the quantum multiverse, then DNA can manage the same trick."

www.evolutie.demon.nl...

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 04:43 PM
link   
oh well i've got to go to dinner, I say that it is much easier to beleive in a higher being than it is to beleive in evolution, the problem with a higher being is it sacrificies the fact that you weren't created by accident and asks the person to revere someone other than themselves (the subconscious bottom line) and it doesn't really matter what I think because that won't convince you guys

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Both sides have fanatics that will do anything to show their side is right, like lying. So there may have been an over zealous scientist or two making something out of nothing with a limited finding, this is not new news and doesnt disprove evolution. Wasnt there some some fanatic creationist that were trying to say they found ancient man footprints next to dinosaur foot prints and it turned out to be a hoax? That case does not disprove God. Use your mind people, Evolution is a very sound theory, even better than the idea that we were created by some great God.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join