It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sun setting earlier?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 03:26 PM
link   
maybe its just me being paranoid but it seems like the sun is setting a little earlier than its supposed to around this time of year. anybody else noticing this? maybe i'm just going crazy here.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I would have to second this notion. It seems like the sun is going down way to early

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 03:34 PM
link   
No, the sun is setting at the same times it always does. Right about 5:30 for me is right on schedule. What makes you think that? The earth isnt rotating any differently. Mind must be playing tricks on you guys.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Too me it also feels like that even though I live in the tropics. But I also think my mind is being fooled...

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Time in general does seem faster lately, though I think part of it is psychologica. It seems the older you get, the faster time will seem to go.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I agree, i thought you guys were morons for a second, but then my own low reading comprehension rate had to catch up.

odd phenomena, I live in the USA, and it does seem to be setting far sooner than it should

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 05:20 PM
link   
actually i've been noticing the weather after it gets dark, in the past 2 nights i have seen 1) green clouds and 2) a blood red sky mixed with blackness.........weiiiirrrd weather or plenty of polution.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by outsidethemilkglass
actually i've been noticing the weather after it gets dark, in the past 2 nights i have seen 1) green clouds and 2) a blood red sky mixed with blackness.........weiiiirrrd weather or plenty of polution.

that sounds exactly like aurora borealis...
actually, the sun seems to be setting earlier here in norway too, for this time of year i mean.
curious

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by outsidethemilkglass

Probably the polution, or perhaps remenants of the Solar Flares a while back?

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 05:27 PM
link   
well at least i know i'm definately not crazy over here. although now it makes me wonder whats the cause behind this.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Yeah i thought that, but it could be me been unused to winter coming up *shrugs*

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Odd, my fiance' and I just remarked on this last night... We left her work at about 6pm, and it wasn't just dark, it was like 10:30pm dark....odd...

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I was thinking this last night as well.

This time last year I was walking home and it was daylight at about 5:00 PM (or maybe not day light but dusk)

This Year leaving work at the same time and it does seem darker.

I know that it cannot be, nothing has changed (that we know off), but yet it is still darker.

I was thinking about it last night, it is almost the quality of the light has changed.

Ok I know that sounds absurd but just the feeling I have

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 07:41 AM
link   
yep...im in the southern U.S.A. [midwest] and its getting dark here at 5:30-6:00...it does seem a little odd

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 07:52 AM
link   
southeast here, sun setting at 5:30 is normal...but not for another month!! around december21 is when it normally gets dark at 5:30

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 09:28 AM
link   
No, the earth's rotation isn't speeding up.

If it was, then you'd notice the creeping window of daylight -- it would be getting light a LOT earlier to match it suddenly getting dark a LOT earlier.

And secondly, go look at the tables of sunrise and sunset (which can be calculated with simple software... you can get programs to do that.) You'll see that the calculations (which couldn't possibly have "predicted" any sudden changes in rotation) match within a few minutes the local observed sunrise and sunset.

There's auroras and other things from the unusual space weather. But sunrise and sunset are right on time.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 09:38 AM
link   
It's very odd that people have been noticing this since early this year.
You can check your area's calculated sunset & sunrise times with this site. (Run by the US Navy)

aa.usno.navy.mil...

Maybe we can get a research project going to see if there are any major discrepencies.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by mutehalo
maybe its just me being paranoid but it seems like the sun is setting a little earlier than its supposed to around this time of year. anybody else noticing this? maybe i'm just going crazy here.

Times for South Florida yesterday
Nov. 18, 2003
Sunrise : 6:42 am
Sunset : 5:29 pm

Just checked your sunset time mutehalo,

Nov. 18, 2003
Sunrise : 6:38 am
Sunset : 4:20 pm

Was it any earlier than this?

[Edited on 11-19-2003 by darklanser]

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I haven't noticed anything different. It's always very dim when I'm walking home at 5:20, and the sun has always set at the same time in the winter as long as I can remember.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 03:00 PM
link   
may be because of the solar activity lately, it has changed the way the light appears which most people take as abnormal.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join