It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

china to dump 1 trillion in us dollars!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 02:15 AM
link   
wow this came as a shocker

CHINA TO DUMP ONE TRILLION IN U.S. RESERVES!!!!
According to this Senior source, China told the U.S. delegation they no longer have faith in U.S. Currency for several reasons:
1) The Federal Reserve Bank ceased publishing "M3" data in March, making it nearly impossible for anyone to know how much cash is being printed. China said this act made it impossible to tell how much a Dollar is worth.

2) The U.S. Dollar has lost upwards of thirty percent (30%) of its value against other foreign currencies in the recent past, meaning China has lost almost $300 Billion simply by holding U.S. Dollars in its reserves.

3) The U.S. has no plans whatsoever to reduce deficit spending or ability pay down any of its existing debt without printing money to pay it off.

Posted Dec 16, 2006 09:58 AM PST
Category: ECONOMY

BEIJING, CHINA -- Sources with a U.S. Delegation in Beijing have told The Hal Turner Show the Chinese government has informed visiting Bush Administration officials they intend to dump One TRILLION U.S. Dollars from China's Currency Reserves and convert those funds into Euros, gold and silver!

China was allegedly asked to withhold the announcement until Bullion Markets closed for the weekend to prevent an instant spike in gold and silver prices. This delay will give the world the weekend to consider appropriate actions rather than have a knee-jerk reaction which could see the U.S. Dollar totally collapse in value Monday.

i just read a thread were a member was talking how everyone is switching to euros world wide and how its gonna cripple the us dollar and now i stumble up on this sour note!
not good news what do you think?

www.halturnershow.com...

[edit on 17-12-2006 by conspiracymaster]

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Old news mate was discussed on another thread, if you really read the thread fully you would notice I said they are going to the Amero Dollar and not the Euro dood!.

[edit on 17-12-2006 by mazzroth]

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 03:20 AM
link   
okay my bad new member here. but feel free to trash this thread now that i know its been done.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Np mate just that if you have multiple thread on same topic it tends to dilute the effectiveness

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Just been googeling a bit and it is difficult to find news about this from the mainstream news, be it cnn or yahoo or even fortune.

It seems to me that only sites such as that one, rense and co are the only ones reporting about this.

You would think that such a major deal would be the buzz of every newspaper, site and such. Yet there is not much being reported.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 03:24 AM
link   
just tryin to rack up the points man gimme gimme gimme you should check my other threads theyre pretty intense but i have like zero replies its depressing all that work and no replies

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fett Pinkus
Just been googeling a bit and it is difficult to find news about this from the mainstream news, be it cnn or yahoo or even fortune.

It seems to me that only sites such as that one, rense and co are the only ones reporting about this.

You would think that such a major deal would be the buzz of every newspaper, site and such. Yet there is not much being reported.

thats why i call myself the conspiracymaster you should see my other threads

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth
Old news mate was discussed on another thread, if you really read the thread fully you would notice I said they are going to the Amero Dollar and not the Euro dood!.

Here's one thread discussing this already.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Found it right away doing a search on google.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 07:56 AM
link   
there was a round of articles about the falling dollar, and country's selling it off on some of the media overseas...bbc comes to m ind but not sure...it might have been on one of their other news medias...
but I remember reading a few articles about it.

I also remember reading that china was going to give the US a choice, either start raising interest rates to get a gripe on the situation, or they'd start selling it off....guess they value their real estate market too much.

of course, the US is kind of screwed either way...

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Originally posted by ME in BTS Dreams and Personal Predictions:

Posted 9/1/2006 Regarding 2006-2008

China will make 3 rapid power moves to place its thumb over the US. One involving currency. One involving land. One involving oil. The following year Saudi Arabia and Japan will follow suit.

Prophecy 2006-2008

The land may involve the legal purchase/trade of disconnected but cumulatively vast rural US acreage. China will leverage their threat to dump treasury holdings to do so. In the end, they will get a 2 for one bargain. Land for 40 cents on the dollar...

The oil will involve continued US military action in the middle east... placing greater control of oil in western hands through political puppets, but further weakening the dollar. China will then outright purchase US oil companies as the dollar devalues; cnooc-unical being the likely start. Further control of crude will come as puppetized/destablized Iraqi oil becomes a marketable "US" commodity. Gut tells me there may be also US/China/Venezuela event within the 18 month; possibly following a less-than-overt Chavez assassination/poisoning attempt.

"the first one to be given the most severe sentence this planet has to offer should be the president of the United States, if we�re talking about genocidal presidents" -Chavez

For what its worth... I support this thread over the June thread because China's power moves are no longer something on the horizon. It is here and now; new news.

Early this week, in an unusual move, the Bush administration sent virtually the entire economic "A-team" to visit China for a "strategic economic dialogue" in Beijing Dec. 14 and 15.

The Bush administration wanted to get China's cooperation in preventing a dollar collapse. [T]he effort failed.

Just watch as the dominoes fall,

Sri Oracle

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Lets clear some things up.

This thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Is from january and talks about the possibility of the chinese dumping the dollar.

This thread:
www.belowtopsecret.com...

Is an alleged psychic/paranormal prediction (as opposed to an ecomonic prediction, just to distinguish).

The current thread we are in right now is about a specific report that they are infact dumping the dollar for Euros and precious metals, and that the Bush Administration is aware of this.

So lets keep discussing this thread, with its specific topic.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fett Pinkus
It seems to me that only sites such as that one, rense and co are the only ones reporting about this. You would think that such a major deal would be the buzz of every newspaper, site and such. Yet there is not much being reported.

Its not being reported much because it isn't actually happening yet. A few websites, not all precisely known for having accurate information, have made a claim that 'high up and annonymous' sources have told them that something is happening.

Where are the sales?

Where are the policy statements from the Chinese government that they are going to do this?

Where is the evidence that this has actually occured?

Its certainly not immpossible that this situation could occur, and for all any of us know, there are people in the white house that decided to leak this information to rense, or 'the hal turner show', or other sites. But is it actually happening? That might explain why the mainstream news sources aren't reporting on it, because as far as anyone can tell, it isn't happening.

The turner site also claims that:

www.halturnershow.com...
Senior officials [...]hinted they "would not be inclined to sell oil to any particular nation that intentionally caused such a collapse."

Who said this? What was the situation? When did they say it? What was the situation? Where did they say it? Why didn't that website report those basic journalistic questions?

[edit on 17-12-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Maybe this is true, I heard that the current FED chairman went to China because the US was in trouble and was asking China to help the US so the US don't collapse too fast. So they made a deal to let China dump US dollars, that helps China, and that help the globalists bring the AMERO and the north american union.

If it's true, IT'S NORMAL that the main stream medias don't talk about it, it would collapse the entire economy tomorrow morning at the first minutes of the opening of the Dow Jones. So if they don't want to crash it, don't talk about it.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I wish I had a chrystal ball because if the past gold runs are any indication of what can happen on a US Dollar plunge, then there is millions to be made.

I have read reports 6 months ago in financial letters ( Pamphlets ) stating that gold on a correction and taking into consideration inflationary terms could hit $5-6000 dollars an ounce.

But there would be a small breather just before it sky rockets, due to the last efforts of trying to keep the US dollar boyant. This fall could be the sign of what is about to happen ? I dont know but its very interesting time in the financial world ATM.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   
um..did anyone bother to check the source of this article?
it's from hal turner. that guy is a white supremacist known to hype, over exaggerate, or just flat out lie about any one/thing/or country that isn't considered white. take a look at the rest of the garbage in that page if you don't believe me. strangely enough, all of the articles that i can find on this story either site that page as the source, or link back to it. i can find no other sources, mainstream, economic or otherwise that is running this story. in fact the closest i can find related to this is from the washington post, and even they don't mention 1tril. being sold or dumped:
/ym68jc

hal turner is a jackass. sorry, but i strongly believe that this story is incredibly inaccurate.

[edit on 17-12-2006 by karby]

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   
well the currency markets have been open for over 2 hours now and there isn't any selling off of the dollar going on as far as I can see.
Euro/Usd currently at 1.3082 bid, which is about 100 off the 1.3186 high on Friday and the thanksgiving time frame high of over 1.3360's

I actually think we'll see a bit of dollar strength in the very short term future, but long term I'd still bet dollar weakness.

I don't think something like will happen overnight or in one swift movement, too many players involved, if the Chinese were to dump the dollar, they're going to do it gradually, over the next year or two, not in one day.

but I could be wrong, we'll have to see.

[edit on 12-17-2006 by worldwatcher]

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Although I don't have much faith in the artical posted, I wouldn't only be unsurprised by China making a move to dump US dollars... I've been expecting it for quite awhile.

While the US is a major buyer of China's exports, China has a very broad market base. They have perty much cornered the market in cheap consumer goods all over the world. They can afford to lose a bit of US trade by damaging the dollar. It's also not like the US can just turn to another market an cease buying from China. The consumer market couldn't tolerate it.

The only thing I don't see is a clear motive for China. Yes, it could just be a vengeful swipe at the US. It could be a simple matter of positioning to become the next great Superpower... but I feel that a clear and immediate motive his missing.

What does China have to gain in attacking the US dollar?

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Here's a link relating to the discontinuation of M3. It's relevant to this discussion as it will have consequences in the way the world values the U.S. dollar.

www.jeffvail.net...

...and what does China have to gain from a weaker U.S.? Greater control over the world's oil supply, it's vital for China's continued growth.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Wel is 5 in the morning here in Germany and nothing to be seen yet involving china, but the day is still evolving and much could happen (or not).

We will wait and see i guess.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I have been looking in the local news/newspaper and on the web.

I have found nothing about China actually dumping US $$$.

I am not saying it is not happening or it was a lie, just no news of it through "conventional" read cnn, fox and all local news channels.

I will note, usually one or all of these shows the dow ticker running on the bottom, I noticed it was absent today, at least when i looked.

I have also heard nothing about the US dollar being dumped for oil buying.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join