It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Swedish CV9040

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
www.whoisthemonkey.com...

Check out the video of this vehicle. Its a beast!!! I'm sure we can build something equivalent to that. We have our Bradleys and they do the job well presently.

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   
The 9040 model is otherwise similar to 9030s used by several other countries (At least Finland and Norway) but they have a 40mm Bofors gun opposed to 30mm guns in the 9030s

I've riden on top of the 9040 and it was the second best ride i've had, T-72 was even more awesome to ride on

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Impressive, to say the least Deltaboy.

I can think of one army that needs these mini-tanks in Afghanistan - and needs them RIGHT NOW!

I wonder if they make them [the weapons] in larger calibre for the export market?

Can you imagine a a Chally 2 or Abrams 2 charging into battle whanging out 4 or 5 rounds bursts of 120 milly?

Really awesome!

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 03:27 AM
link   
fritz
You can mount an AMOS twin-barreled 120mm automatic mortar turret to the CV90 chassis. 10 round burstfire with guided HEAT rounds that hits the target area all in a same time... enough fire power?

oh and those mortars have a direct fire capability too..

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 03:45 AM
link   
www.army-technology.com...

I have heard and read a lot of good things about these.
Australia is looking at them to purchase.
Its the most versitile platform around..

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Northwolf, I love 'em. Very nice Combat Infantry Fighting Vehicles [CIFV's] but all welded steel hull?

Not very good on today's modern battlefield, but I would still like a couple of dozen for our boys in Afghanistan.

Good to see a great British company like Alvis involved in this venture. If you look carefully, you can just about see the British CVR[T] series in the shape of the CV9040.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Actually it's pretty much made by Hägglund and Patria, the developement was started before alvis came into picture... Lot's of things were planned using the info Patria gained from Finnish used BMP-1/2 AFVs (no probably nothing is copied, but rather obtained info on what works and what doesn't)

Couple this with Patria AMV and you'll have a serious force

AMV=what USA should have bought instead of wasting money into Strykers

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Don't care, Northwolf! No, really I don't care.

I just want one for Christmas

Wanders off looking for really big sock to hang up on garage door...........

top topics

join