It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Swedish CV9040

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
www.whoisthemonkey.com...

Check out the video of this vehicle. Its a beast!!! I'm sure we can build something equivalent to that. We have our Bradleys and they do the job well presently.

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   
The 9040 model is otherwise similar to 9030s used by several other countries (At least Finland and Norway) but they have a 40mm Bofors gun opposed to 30mm guns in the 9030s

I've riden on top of the 9040 and it was the second best ride i've had, T-72 was even more awesome to ride on

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Impressive, to say the least Deltaboy.

I can think of one army that needs these mini-tanks in Afghanistan - and needs them RIGHT NOW!

I wonder if they make them [the weapons] in larger calibre for the export market?

Can you imagine a a Chally 2 or Abrams 2 charging into battle whanging out 4 or 5 rounds bursts of 120 milly?

Really awesome!

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 03:27 AM
link   
fritz
You can mount an AMOS twin-barreled 120mm automatic mortar turret to the CV90 chassis. 10 round burstfire with guided HEAT rounds that hits the target area all in a same time... enough fire power?

oh and those mortars have a direct fire capability too..

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 03:45 AM
link   
www.army-technology.com...

I have heard and read a lot of good things about these.
Australia is looking at them to purchase.
Its the most versitile platform around..

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Northwolf, I love 'em. Very nice Combat Infantry Fighting Vehicles [CIFV's] but all welded steel hull?

Not very good on today's modern battlefield, but I would still like a couple of dozen for our boys in Afghanistan.

Good to see a great British company like Alvis involved in this venture. If you look carefully, you can just about see the British CVR[T] series in the shape of the CV9040.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Actually it's pretty much made by H�gglund and Patria, the developement was started before alvis came into picture... Lot's of things were planned using the info Patria gained from Finnish used BMP-1/2 AFVs (no probably nothing is copied, but rather obtained info on what works and what doesn't)

Couple this with Patria AMV and you'll have a serious force

AMV=what USA should have bought instead of wasting money into Strykers

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Don't care, Northwolf! No, really I don't care.

I just want one for Christmas

Wanders off looking for really big sock to hang up on garage door...........

new topics

top topics

join