It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Exists, God Does Not Exist

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I believe this is an important matter to discuss where many have gave up and got comfused because these equations are definetely mind-boggling. But we've only just begun to realize it that it should not be pointless to continue. I believe this very result will answere all of our questions.

God does exist >----finite----< God does not exist

Infinite is not an idea because if infinite was an idea it would not be infinite it would be finite.

infinite is an idea >----finite----< infinite is not an idea

You believe in finite that it exists:

>----finite----<

Why cannot infinite exist for you?

It's the opposite of finite.

Let us begin.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 05:42 AM
link   
ummm what?

infinite does exist, just keep countin' lemme know when you reach it :p

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
ummm what?

infinite does exist, just keep countin' lemme know when you reach it :p

But how do we use this equation to give answeres?

whereas

>----finite----<

is limited.

Take a good look at this:

God does exist >----finite----< God does not exist

If that is finite, why do we live by finite when there is infinite?

Why are there no believers whilst there are believers?

How can we use these equations to our advantage?

birth >----finite----< death

or is it...

birth death

These two equations conflict with eachother once inverted, so which one is which?

If believers believe that there is an afterlife, they must believe there is a beforelife. Because if there is an afterlife that is infinite there is infinite for beforelife.

Birth >----infinite----> Death ----> Afterlife ---->

Does infinite not go the other way too?

< ---- Beforelife Death ----> Afterlife ---->

Someone please tell me, does it only go one direction?
Or does it go both ways? If it only goes one way, how is it infinite when there was a beginning where there was no

Infinite equation -A and A+
...-4, -3, -2, -1, 0 (Birth) 0+ 1+, 2+, 3+, 4+...
Infinite equation A and A+
(Birth) 0+, 1+, 2+, 3+, 4+...

Than that must mean something created the soul? God? Parents??

The parents concieved us, so does that mean god didn't create us?

So perhaps god created a seed and it than became finite?

Or...

The seed is god because it is the infinite?

If not. The answere we've been looking for is if there is an afterlife, than no.

If my theory is correct that the seed is god because it is infinite than the answere is yes. We have an infinite soul/life/energy therefore we are god?

I must be lost in my equations, someone please give your mathematical correctiveness.

[edit on 14-12-2006 by 7Ayreon]

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by 7Ayreon
But how do we use this equation to give answeres?

Infinity isn't an equation, it's a mathematical, theological, and philosophical idea.

Theologically... with respect to the Judeo-Christian God at least, infinity is a the idea that God is unconstrained by time, physical dimensions, etc.

Mathematically the concept is quite useful. Apparently you've not taken calculus. Infinity is an important concept in setting limits, etc. It's also important in Set theory, and probably some other obscure mathematics that I am unaware of.

I can't comment on the remainder of your post.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Does it even matter?

God Exists, or Doesn't.
You believe He/She/It/They exist and structure your life around the rituals and social structures that go with that, and live a happy life.
Or you don't and live a happy life in a different manner.

But in the end, it is just the passing of a few decades of a life, lived then lost and then usually soon forgotten. The details of which are of no importance in the Grand Scheme of Things, whatever they may actually be.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
7a...

Enjoyed the post and continue the thought provoking ideas, creations, and philosophies, it will ultimately lead to truth. All ways re-consider your work and Be sure to make it eligible and understanbadle for Every Being on this planet. Have compassion, empathy, and patience. First they will not comprehend you, do Not become angered, try harder and focus more intently =) Be Everything

[edit on 29-12-2006 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I hope you all know, this god thing is just a way for the machines to keep us from realizing the truth that not only is there not a god, theres not a bible or religion. Its all in your head.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by toga112
I hope you all know, this god thing is just a way for the machines to keep us from realizing the truth that not only is there not a god, theres not a bible or religion. Its all in your head.

alright, i'm all for the whole "there isn't a god thing"
but there is a bible, i happen to have a bible and a koran right next to my computer
and there is religion, i used to be a follower of a religion

o
i see where you're going
you must be one of those "the matrix has you people"

Ex

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Your Equation is Flawed!

I Am That I Am

Alpha & Omega

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
..I'm so confused right now.. I don't even know what to say..

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
infinite does exist start counting numbers never end or will end unless we make a certain number the last number.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Well 0.999999999999999etc...... it it equal or not to 1?

The answer is yes so basically that defines small infinite but being infinite small infinite is equal to great infinit.
But does the solution also confines infinity making it finite?
hmmm

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by piacenza
Well 0.999999999999999etc...... it it equal or not to 1?

The answer is yes so basically that defines small infinite but being infinite small infinite is equal to great infinit.
But does the solution also confines infinity making it finite?
hmmm

There is no such thing as great infinite and small infinite. Infinite never ends and never begins, it is immeasurable.

What you are saying is finite. You are saying to start at a certain point and become smaller for ever, and to start at a certain point and become larger, for ever, those concepts are finite because there is a starting point and an origin for which to reference and/or measure.

I like to call it outfinite, or omnifinite. Since something that never ends would contain all variables of the finite within it, and, since it is omnifinite, without it, too.

Ah, typos, typos, stypo, posyt, it is late

[edit on 13-2-2007 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I will take both opinions into consideration.
I will try to prove that god does exist.

If god is infinite then he has no bounds. He permeates you completely. If god is a thing and is recognized as god and also you are a thing and recognized as you then it follows that one thing can not be counted as you when it must be counted as god. There would be no piece that I could call you. I would be forced to recognize you as god.

On the other hand, if you are recognized as an individual separate from other things and there is a thing called god then that thing is identifiable. If god exist then you can surly point at it and say that's what god is. I know god is not you and is not me. What is it?

I also know god exists be cause we are talking about it. It has a name.

It is my understanding, or belief, of god that exists. I know what god has done and what he likes and doesn't like. God exists in my mind. Just like my understanding of Santa Claus, it exists.

In your mind god created a universe. In this universe he created you. And your thoughts and actions are to be guided by him. My pet doesn't know the history of god. God doesn't exist in my pets mind. God only exists only in the minds of humans

God does exist for certain because we know what god is when we hear the word. God is a concept lodged in the minds of men to control their behavior and affect their thinking.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Is God surely a he? How do you know that We are not God?

What qualities do you give God? Do you give God the qualities of omnipresence, etc.?

Thanks in advance

I do not believe God created the universe, nor do I believe the universe was "created", it is eternal, with no beginning and no end. I do not call it the universe, I call it the Omniverse.

The concept of God is very real if perceived correctly

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Ah, but you know others believe that about god. Those things are part of what you know about 'god'.

God does exist, if only in your mind. It exists as a concept.

[edit on 13-2-2007 by angryScientist]

I believe that god has the quality of being a fiction. That means that IT exists only in the mind

[edit on 13-2-2007 by angryScientist]

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by angryScientist
Ah, but you know others believe that about god. Those things are part of what you know about 'god'.

Possibly others, but not me, so why do you keep telling me its me?
Change "you" to some, or others. I comprehend your position

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 01:33 AM
link   

God does exist, if only in your mind. It exists as a concept.

The concept of God in my mind is a concept of eternal energy, energy that makes up every thing. I see every thing as that God concept.

When reading the bible's descriptions of God, interpret God as Existence, Existence that is made of energy. It fits all of God's qualities.

My God is every thing

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Do you use everything to guide you behavior?

(sorry one liner)

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Do you use everything to guide you behavior?

(sorry one liner)

Yes, there is no way that I can't, unless only through awareness. Can't deny that we are every thing and that every thing molds us in any and every way

top topics

<<   2 >>

join