It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 'Bloop'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
wow that sound file is freaky , it sounds all too weird , I too am a massive lovecraft fan , his book sare far more horrifying than anything ive ever read or seen on tv !

cthulu will rise from the deep to devour our world

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
That thing must be colossal.It could be this giant undiscovered creature but if it's so huge you'd think people would find it already .

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

It could be Cthulu rising from the depths._javascript:icon('
')

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I find it quite funny that we have the technology to go into space and study whats out there, yet we know more about space than we do our own Oceans. What is the problem here? Why can we not explore every inch of our ocean waters? There are probably tens of thousands of different species of ocean creatures out there that we have not discovered yet.

So whos to say that there isnt something deep down in the murky depths that is of colossal size and proportions. Im talking about something the size of a city or something.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
would that be something you want to disturb !

GODZILLA !

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by -Blackout-

So whos to say that there isnt something deep down in the murky depths that is of colossal size and proportions. Im talking about something the size of a city or something.

The main consensus is that it would lack food to sustain such massive body , but I am also behind the idea to study our oceans much more in depth

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
blue whales are massive and eat plankton in abundance !

so something just as big could survive

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
The sound file sent shivers up my spine. It couldn't be the sounds of tectonic plates rubbing together could it? I'd really rather not think about the monstrosity of a mile long squid that popped into my head when I heard that noise.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thill

Originally posted by -Blackout-

The main consensus is that it would lack food to sustain such massive body , but I am also behind the idea to study our oceans much more in depth

I agree - I think i'd rather study our Oceans and learn what is in our own backyard rather than studying space....but hey, thats just me.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I can tell you, from personal experience (Hydrophones), that "The Bloop" sounds a *lot* (depending upon extraneous noise) like either a feedball/shoal of herring/mackerel/whatever they're called these days or - and this is what I heard when there were no shoals of any fish (N Atlantic) a larger sea mammal that just refuses to talk and just swim.

My personal interpretation is that it is a large area of freshwater and not a biological organism at all.

The Bloop remains a myth and no-one will be able to explain it unless they drag the area.

Last time a "Bloop" was dragged (Japanese, off coast of some Japanese Island, W. Pacific region), apparently they pulled up the rotting remains of Plesiosaur.
However, as legends like this always go, it was "quickly thrown back overboard because of the horrific smell".

To turn some of the top-sider fishing boat fella's stomachs, that thing must've really reeked...

Either that or it never happened. Wonder if there's anyone still alive who was there who could recount the tale. Working with second hand info. is not so great, but does the trick.

Bloop for me == freshwater on hydrophones / magnetic anomaly on ping sensors (which aren't used on subs, guys - we use passive sonar and listeners (hydrophones).
Either that or Bloop == Plesiosaur, or other extinct/undiscovered sea creature.

That would be nice.

But the seas, around the region in question here, are filled with pools of fresh water and they do have a distinct characteristic very similar to "evidence" gathered by Bloop-hunters.
I was interviewed by one once and I think I almost made him cry.

Idk if the article was ever written/published. Perhaps I'll try the phone number I have and see if it's still active..?

Perhaps I'll just read some more of this place. [more likely]

[ed]
Just to quickly add that the soundbyte you have is entirely different to what I've heard - that sounds to me to be more like a release of some description, rather than an ingestion.
Is is most definitely not a polaris/vanguard/whatever the hell the other guys have sub.

My theory would be that it is a vent of some description - lending credence to the tectonic theory - that is cycling water, using geothermic to desalinate and so create the sound of freshwater.

Perhaps, if I ever get to hear *this* bloop (which sounds highly edited imo - gain is way high leading to distort - look at sine) and were serving on a sub that could to the bottom of the trench, I'd find out for sure

[/ed]

[edit on 28-7-2010 by Teh_Pariah]

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join