It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 'Bloop'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
That is crazy!
What are the odds of the similarities in coordinates?

Cthulhu indeed!

Or, maybe his little pal, Dagon.

A couple of real fun guys!

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Leviathan? Maybe a creature that hibernates for decades?

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Sounds to me like more the one creature in the realtime that was given... maybe a large group of some kind of whale? (I dont know much on sea animals I tend to stick to the land)

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Cthulhu is a giant space squid monster thing, that is in the City of R'yleh. In Lovecraft's works, All of the old ones like him are dead(not really dead or something like that), and when the stars are right, the cult of Cthulhu will awaken him, then the end of the world will ensue.

"That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange æons even death may die."

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I got the impression of something very large, and somehow, and don't ask me how 'cause I don't know, very sad. Like I said, just an impression.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I'm willing to bet that this sound is nothing more than a military submarine using active sonar for some reason. Remember sonar can make any sound it wants, Synthesisers were developed to recreate any sound possible by the govt. for just that purpose. to mask the sound of a sub by having the sonar actively broadcast a sound that is counter to the phasing of the sound of the boat...ie noise reduction tech. Or it can be used to mask the sound of a few boats at the same time. or to make the sub sound like someone elses sub
or to make the sub sound like a natural sound. The fact that Sosus picked it up sorta is a clue.

The bloop could be anything including the sonar of a very large cetacian like sea going contingency called a nuclear submarine. they are much larger than whales indeed.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I am thinking Cthulhu....

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jessbarabbit

I think everyone who reads Lovecraft would love the bloop to be Cthulhu lol, I know I am, better switch religions to the Esoteric Order Of Dagon while I can, but really interesting find

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
the bloop occurred in 1997, and r'lyeh was first written of in 1928, 69 years earlier. i'm not sure when the co-ordinates were given for r'lyeh

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   

[edit on 29-1-2008 by sheyrshad]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Nice post sheyrshad!

I believe the bloop to be close enough, for it to be plossible.. At least, it could be caused by whatever is down there.

six

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I find it hard for this to be living if it has been heard only once. If I remember correctly, sosus runs continuously so surely if it were a living biological we would have heard it more than once

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
maybe it was a homing beacon for an alien invasion fleet

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I absolutely love this story

Been aware of it for years and still can find no decent explanation for it.

It sounds so mournful, but at the same time I'm not entirely convinced I'd be very happy about being next to what made it.

The fact that they've nicked the speeded up version for promoting Cloverfield has spolit it a little, but still its a doozy.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by LogicalPhilosophy

Originally posted by jessbarabbit

I think everyone who reads Lovecraft would love the bloop to be Cthulhu lol...

Well, I'm not sure the prospect of a giant alien god raining destruction down on EVERYTHING pleases me as much as it pleases some other fans, lol.

The proximity of Bloop to R'lyeh? Just coincidence. Just a very creepy coincidence.

As to what Bloop really is, I don't think we'll ever find out. It'd be just as likely for it to be an octopus-faced alien-god as anything else.

And for you people who are wondering what Cthulhu looks like, he's currently taking up residence as my avatar. I've recently began reading Lovecraft's works, and actually just finished reconstructing my account to reflect my enthusiasm when I stumbled upon this thread.

[edit on 30-1-2008 by Voidmaster]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Voidmaster

I haven't read any of his work but I would like to. It took me forever to find out anything about Cuthuli other than the creature was one of Lovecrafts's creations. I was really hoping to find that it could be traced back to before Lovecraft. Oh well.....

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by six
I find it hard for this to be living if it has been heard only once. If I remember correctly, sosus runs continuously so surely if it were a living biological we would have heard it more than once

SOSUS is in fact "always on". It's a passive hydrophone array.
Personally I think the bloop was just Earth's version of a burp, or something less pleasant.

The mind does wander and boggle at the possibilities though.

Neformore- your Avatar always features the hottest redhead. She's a pop singer in England, no? Keep it up! I'm smitten!

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheyrshad

[edit on 29-1-2008 by sheyrshad]

Looks like the big guy is heading right for Argentina. Seriously, I really hope we find out what caused it.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   
if he is, he is moving VEERRRRRYYYY slowly...

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Ok lets just say that he really is as big as they say he is, surely that would affect the rate of movement underwater? I guess all we can is wait and see if another Bloop occurs, lets just hopes its not closer to Argentina as the last one

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join