It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who lost these ancient technologies and stuff

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   
First, as far as the Edgar Cayce thing... he only said Atlantis would be rediscovered. As far as we know, we could have rediscovered it and don't realize what it is yet. Just my opinion. Edgar Cayce isn't a complete fraud... he had alot of predictions that did come true. I believe that if he didn't have a proper vision, he would just make one up because of the high expectations of his believers... or he may have not been able to recognize the difference between his spiritual visions and lucid dreams. Again, it's just my opinion.

As far as the ancient artifacts go, I have friends that are in the process of finishing up a horror movie (I'm doing the musical score), and I was thinking of some ideas for future scripts. One I thought of was a man and his girlfriend were in the south pacific on a yacht trip to the phillipines. Upon arriving where the islands should be, they discover just the rim of an active volcano. When they try to use the GPS, they notice it doesn't have any signal. They decide that something catastrophic had happenned to the world and sail, using ancient navigation techniques, to where there should be populated coastal areas. When they finally find continental land, they see animals that haven't existed for nearly a million years. As the story progresses, they basically survive in a "swiss family robinson" setting, building what they could with materials they had to make. Being a very educated, and mechanically inclined couple, they make small amounts of iron and other materials as they need. Then the man dies, and the woman buries him and ends up dying herself. At the end of the movie, it flashes back to modern times where an archeological dig is taking place. One of the students digging discover what appears to be the side of an iron handle attached to a gear. Upon investigating the remains in a lab, they find that it seems to resemble modern yacht rigging, but it shouldn't exist because they found it in rock that is over a million years old.

I know, Byrd is probably going to crucify me for that, lol... but hey, you never know... definitly makes for an interesting story. Hopefully Revuer Film Group likes it

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 03:24 AM
link   

First, as far as the Edgar Cayce thing... he only said Atlantis would be rediscovered. As far as we know, we could have rediscovered it and don't realize what it is yet. Just my opinion.

What he actually said was

Also Poseida will be among the first portions of Atlantis to rise again. Expect it in '68 and '69, not so far away."

still waiting Edgar
this is getting like Sitchins return of Nibiru
how many times must it consistently fail to appear before you guys to realise you were conned

Edgar Cayce isn't a complete fraud... he had alot of predictions that did come true.

he did ???
what were they

you mean that stonehenge was built by a tribe of dan in 1500bce fresh from the Exodus
or that China will become a christian country by the 1960s
or that the hall of records entrance would be found in the sphinx right paw
which one came true ??

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I know I'm getting off topic here, but Marduk, I'm nominating you for way above. I always enjoy how you take the musings of those who refuse to deny ignorance and squash them like tiny cockroaches fleeing the light of truth. You are my hero. Hats off to you, sir.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Wow.

Does anyone else hear a loud, strange, sucking noise?

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Not to mention the fact that earth has been nuked before and green glass has been found?

Whose experiment are we, anyway? Do we keep doing the same thing over and over and over...for what???

Just WHO is our caretaker?

Ive always thought about that too, but I see it as very likely, we keep destroying our civilization, and we start over, but each time we destroy
ourselves, we get a little bit farther, for the next time.
Sounds a bit like a twilight zone episode, but from what ive read in books and websites, it seems very likely

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by southern_cross3
Wow.
Does anyone else hear a loud, strange, sucking noise?

no
but i hear an obnoxious ignorant whining

Ive always thought about that too, but I see it as very likely, we keep destroying our civilization, and we start over, but each time we destroy

and each time we leave no evidence as well that anyone but people unqualified to judge who have a money making agenda can discover.

Sounds a bit like a twilight zone episode

yes it does sound very much like sci fi doesnt it
can you think why that is

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk

He has been strutting his 'google linking pages knowledge' as if he has knowledge of the very stuff being discussed in most thread

oh so I'm somehow finding this stuff on google without knowing anything about it. In that case why don't you try it. Look for the truth instead of accepting the lies

So I suppose now that using Google to find links to post on a forum is somehow out of bounds?

What of the link posted by the O.P.?

Links to out of print reference works may exist somewhere on the web, but if using google to find them is considered somehow to be disallowable, then there can be no argument, for or against, any stupid flight of fancy that anyone wished to post as fact, here or elsewhere.

Oh well, if Google isn't good enough, why not try right here at ATS?

Here is a thread that is a year old on this very topic.

This one here is even older.

Both threads were located using this search I ran which is saved right here for you. It is a search run for the word "Artifact" in post subject titles over the life of ATS. As you can imagine, there are several other results returned in that search.

You might also notice that two of the first three "Ooparts" listed at the site linked in the O.P. are admitted frauds, which has been clearly stated and evidenced in these old threads.

...defending his position without doing a little research is also ignorant. Its funny how the ignorant stick together like they think there is safety in numbers

Marduk,
Let us hope that these ignorant people that refuse to accept anything less than fantastic interpretations will at the very least read what has been posted right here at ATS previously on this subject. After all, they are members here, however ignorant. Why join ATS if you don't want to read what people have posted?

Enough has been said on these kinds of "Ancient Artifacts" here at ATS to fill an encyclopedia. Of course, some of the links provided in some of these old thread might have come through the use of that antiChrist of websites - Google!

...nobody who has objected to my posts has studied the subject in question therefore none of their thoughts are critically analysed.

This is the crux of the matter, and an excellent example of why deliberately ignorant people should not assume something based on what sort of responses a legitimate skeptic has engendered.

Most of us that already know all we need to know about these so-called "Ooparts" are quite simply tired of making the same points over and over. It's getting to the point where I'm tempted to just post links to old threads on the subject without including any commentary at all.

People - use the search function!

Harte

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 12:46 AM
link   
well, I'm done on this one, thanks marduk. All you do is bash at people, really turns them off. Try not being such a bastard about stuff, you have a god complex. Prove me wrong if you are in argument, and I might be compelled to continue (and I'm saying this for everyone). Basically, use a little discretion, instead of just screaming "you're wrong! Prove it!". Please. It makes for much more stimulating conversation, and you won't show how close-minded and stuck in your ways you are.

EDIT: example... you DID correct me in an acceptable manner on the Cayce/Atlantis thing. He did say that. Do that more often, it is much more pleasant.

[edit on 12-12-2006 by Earthscum]

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Yawn....

Let's hope the moderators take a closer look at why threads die out. Not out of disinterest, or lack of evidence, or fear, just plain sickened and pissed off by some of the more rude and unneccessary comments for a discussion, with the obligatory deluded self applauding gloating, plainly pissing people off.

Makes me wonder IF there is an agenda here to prevent a civilised and matured discussion on certain topics here. Reminds me of Gestapo and KGB ridicule techniques to stifle discussion....

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   

All you do is bash at people, really turns them off. Try not being such a bastard about stuff, you have a god complex

Earthscum perhaps you would like to point out where I bashed you
you are in fact bashing me
this is a medical condition known as transference
en.wikipedia.org...
as for you seekeroflies

Let's hope the moderators take a closer look at why threads die out. Not out of disinterest, or lack of evidence, or fear, just plain sickened and pissed off by some of the more rude and unneccessary comments for a discussion, with the obligatory deluded self applauding gloating, plainly pissing people off.

they die out because you guys just don't have any evidence to support your ridiculous claims
you have been asked to post credible links or provide references and you couldn't
while on the other hand i have provided lots of links and you claimed they werent relevant because they were found using google
that in itself shows the level of your lack of understanding

Makes me wonder IF there is an agenda here to prevent a civilised and matured discussion on certain topics here. Reminds me of Gestapo and KGB ridicule techniques to stifle discussion....

ooh so theres a conspiracy now to hide the truth on a public forum
wake up and smell the coffee
the gestapo and the kgb didn't ever ridicule things
they killed people
nice analogy on your part and about as realistic as the rest of the crap you come out with

you're doing your agenda no end of damage with these ridiculous childish claims now arent you
next its going to be the space aliens hiding the truth so they can exploit humanity
no doubt they are in league with the atlanteans and the reverse vampires

[edit on 12-12-2006 by Marduk]

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Earthscum
well, I'm done on this one, thanks marduk. All you do is bash at people, really turns them off. Try not being such a bastard about stuff, you have a god complex.

Well, DUH!

You might have deduced this beforehand. Look at his username for Ba'al's sake!

Harte

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Some believe that 'god complexes' are "particularly common in arrogant, highly educated, worldly, or powerful people."

Hmmm well 3 out of 4 isnt bad

You might have deduced this beforehand. Look at his username for Ba'al's sake!

note : that should read for Bels sake
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 12-12-2006 by Marduk]

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 08:58 AM
link   

you're doing your agenda no end of damage with these ridiculous childish claims now arent you
next its going to be the space aliens hiding the truth so they can exploit humanity
no doubt they are in league with the atlanteans and the reverse vampires

First you try to ridicule others with googled info, not researched works and least of all none of your own critcally analysed thinking, and now you make claims on thing i've never said.

Do save your conjectures and ASSUMED projections for more logic and rational posts. You are behaving like a raving mad dog now. Learn to accept criticisms. You certainly enjoy dishing out criticisms, about time for the boomerang to fall back to you.

Reading your posts, lol!, no one else needs to make you look bad. You do it pretty well on your own, and in that granduer deluded state of mind of yours, i doubt if you are even aware of it.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I would have to agree....

threads die because people like (murdok and harte) bash people who just simply are stating their opinions.

Murdok you actually did start by calling posters ignorant. Not very cool.

Everyone is entitled to their OWN opinions/beliefs and there is no need for you to go around and bash people with ignorant comments.

You are not in any way better than anyone else on here... so start acting that way.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   
What you mean is, threads die because people like Marduk and Harte point out that there is no evidence whatsoever to support the ridiculous contentions made in the thread. And everyone opens their eyes, realises they've been duped, and quietly walks away, embarrassed that they could ever believed such nonsense.

If you believe there is veracity in claims being made, you must provide supportive evidence. Otherwise, your ignorance will be exposed.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   
well why dont you provide counter evidence that such claims are wrong.

You can not prove or disprove any claims presented on this thread. We simply lack the evidence on both sides.

An ancient civilization could have well existed but over time we have lost all the prove.

I watched a show on national geographics on Edgar Cayce and Atlantis.
According to the show and plenty of books Cayce is considered to be the best prophet of the 20th century. And claims like that cant just be ignored.

As far as the show on Atlantis goes...it supports my stament written above. It can not be proved or disproved.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   

You can not prove or disprove any claims presented on this thread. We simply lack the evidence on both sides.

we have already provided links that disprove the major contentions in this thread
instead of sounding off why don't you actually read them
still better than seekeroflies who claims they arent valid because they are on the internet and not in some obsolete book he read once and can't remember the title of

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   

we have already provided links that disprove the major contentions in this thread
instead of sounding off why don't you actually read them
still better than seekeroflies who claims they arent valid because they are on the internet and not in some obsolete book he read once and can't remember the title of

What prove have you provided. You made a couple of links to some websites that state their opinion.... i can do the same only to my benefit.

You have proven nothing to me. I want evidence not some site stating their opinions.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by theTRUTHtheWAY
You have proven nothing to me. I want evidence not some site stating their opinions.

How can anyone provide proof besides through other websites?

What I mean is...since we are using the medium of a computer, how else are we going to provide details on this topic without resorting to searches in Google or other such engines?

Could you be more specific of the parameters you would find acceptable?

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Well you tell me this then...

why should his source to some website make it more credible than my source to another website that states the opposite.

Every1 here is about evidence and proof but what makes you think that your source is more credible than mine.

We all are entitled to believe in what we want and not what others tells us to. And for people to call some1 ignorant, baically stupid, for believing in something is just Inhumane and ignorant on their part.

This site give us all freedom to believe and post whatever we want.

Mardak could have very well written a nice post that commented on him disagreeing on the posters opinion but no he chose a different path and insulted a member of this site.

ATS is here to attract and bring people together so we all can learn from eachother. Behaviors that some members demonstarted on this thread are doing the exact OPPOSITE.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join