It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 10 Most Puzzling Ancient Artifacts

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
"Over the last few hundred years, many perplexing artifacts have been unearthed that do not fit the currently excepted theories of geology and the history of man."

- The Grooved Spheres
- The Dropa Stones
- The Ica Stones
- The Antikythera Mechanism
- The Baghdad Battery
- The Coso Artifact
- Ancient Model Aircraft
- Giant Stone Balls of Costa Rica
- Impossible Fossils
- Out-of-Place Metal Objects

paranormal.about.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Very interesting compilation there Weezy, most of those artifacts just simply cannot be explained by using our current scientific standards, some totally contradict what most mainstream studies have taught us.

Things like this just further lead me to believe that infact the earth may not be millions of years old, but only thousands, and also that ancient civilizations may have developed technology matching and surpassing our own long ago!

IMHO these are just a few of the many wonders hiding on our planet, it is my belief that perhaps a largescale global catastrophe, which we now at least in theory is possible regardless of how it may happen, may have mostly destroyed very advanced civilizations. Have there not been numerous sites discovered both deep below water and under layers upon layers of earth that display advanced knowledge, heck we cant even explain the blatantly obvious things like the pyramids. I think that much more evidence exists supporting this theory, wether or not we will ever have enough to fully understand, I dont know.

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I've seen a show on the giant stone balls; though they don't know what they were for, they proved that they were made by humans and were not perfectly spherical.

They would take stones eroded by the many rivers, and using simple chipping techniques with other rocks could shape them quite easily. They even found many unfinished and broken ones.

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
The Search function my good man, the search function!

Byrd will so rip this thread a new one, when she sees it but here goes.

The Dropa Stones, are a fake. Go look up the facts, 'Tsum Um Nui'.

Chu Pu Tei, Tsum Um Nui, Ernst Wegener, Vyatcheslav Saitzev, Sergei Lolladoff, do not exist and are not on record so the source material for the Dropa Stones [Chariots of the Gods] is brought into question.

Let alone do the plates exist, the photos to not show 12inch plates but much larger plates...I could go on all day.

The Ica Stones were proven to be fakes by the BBC in 1977...the program was called "Pathway to the Gods".

The Antikythera Mechanism, does not show an advanced race of people or anything of the sort but just shows us the Greek's had the ability to make such inventions, as well as write about them and describe them.

Baghdad Battery, is the same. It shows a low-level of understanding, which doesn't bring anything into question. There is no need for these people to be advanced or for us to re-write history, because they were able to invent a battery [which doesn't work that well.] Let alone the fact that it is covered in asphalt, thus electrically insulating it...

Ancient Model Aircraft? It only looks like an aircraft from two or three views. It can't fly when you take into account the whole size and shape of it.

Giant Stone Balls of Costa Rica? And?

Out-of-Place Metal Objects? What they mean, is metal forming naturally - which does happen, and being shaped by the weight of rocks, etc, to make a few shapes which reflect what we desire to see...they overlook the thousands of other fragments which do not make any-sense.

Impossible Fossils? It'd help if they let scientists get a hold of these to test, rather than claiming they are dated to that age and only dating them once.

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by JKersteJr
Very interesting compilation there Weezy, most of those artifacts just simply cannot be explained by using our current scientific standards, some totally contradict what most mainstream studies have taught us.

Things like this just further lead me to believe that infact the earth may not be millions of years old, but only thousands, and also that ancient civilizations may have developed technology matching and surpassing our own long ago!

IMHO these are just a few of the many wonders hiding on our planet, it is my belief that perhaps a largescale global catastrophe, which we now at least in theory is possible regardless of how it may happen, may have mostly destroyed very advanced civilizations. Have there not been numerous sites discovered both deep below water and under layers upon layers of earth that display advanced knowledge, heck we cant even explain the blatantly obvious things like the pyramids. I think that much more evidence exists supporting this theory, wether or not we will ever have enough to fully understand, I dont know.

i dont know if we will fully understand...not now at least...but possibly in the future...our next generation... i myself believe that past civilizations were more advanced then us...they didnt argue over dumb stuff that we argue over today...or go about with money problems... they were so advanced that they probly developed the UFO's and got off of this planet...which is why all thats left are pyramids and things of this sort...

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Odium
my bad i searched for top 10 ancient artifacts and i did not see a thread for it...so i posted this one... sorry

[edit on 4-12-2005 by Weezy ERB]

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Weezy ERB
Odium
my bad i searched for top 10 ancient artifacts and i did not see a thread for it...so i posted this one... sorry

[edit on 4-12-2005 by Weezy ERB]

The search function is a [insert rude word] but you get used to it in the end. A good place to start is too look at Wikipedia on these articles, do a little bit of background research before posting.

Although one or two of these can't be [easily] explained, most of them have been debunked.

Welcome to ATS.

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I knew that Byrd would probably come and attempt to debunk everything when I replied, and while I respect greatly the knowledge she has, she has an obvious scientific view on things, logic, proof, no disrespect but thats just not how I think about things, I'll take my chances being proven wrong but I think outside the box, just not too far outside. Not that any of these artifacts couldn't be fake or anything, but how do you and I know if they are or not?

I dont like to think that some ancient civilizations were more advanced than us, more along the lines of they may have developed similiar and totally unheard of methods of technology to aid them. I always go back to the pyramids in Egypt in my mind, and I know Byrd could cite loads of information (which by the way I would appreciate, I'm not against any theory, I just want to learn) I look at the pyramids at Giza as probably the most amazing and mysterious creations on earth, I've read about the possible methods that humans may have used to create them, but the list of methods to choose from are simply those that we know about thus far...what about something that we dont know about, why make an assumption? Is it documented exactly somewhere in heiroglyphics? Have we re-created anything even 1/4 its exact scale, weight and size with the same materials?

To be honest that list of artifacts only contains a few IMO that I really find strange or unexplainable, but then again I have a different standpoint on how long we as humans and the earth have been around, if you believe in the evolution theory then man-made objects like this that supposedly were found in rock that dates back 2.8 billion years, must be a hoax, that is what you are forced to believe based on the timeline you have been taught.

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
The problem is, JKersteJr, a lot of these have been shown to be fake. I don't have that much time tonight, as I am ill [have mumps], but take for an example the Ica Stones. A guy came forward, explained how he faked them and this works perfectly so the mystery is solved.

This goes for most of these 'odd' things, and in reality it ruins the chance of displaying a possibly ancient civilisation, when technology which is real can't be explained.

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I have no problem with the fact that some of them may be fake, thats why I reiterated in my last post that I wouldn't say they are all in fact real and a few dont really stand out in my mind but some of these and many other artifacts and findings I've read about seemingly cannot be explained by us today, I'll check this post later I must leave atm.

Sorry about the mumps, get well

Peace,

Jim

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
so do u guys think its safe to say that pyramids were used as a sort of UFO's landing site? or possibly stonehenge?

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I don't think either the Egyptian Pyramids or Stonehenge had anything to do with spaceship guys, although, I assume there's some astronomical observatory type stuff that went in to their construction.

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I personally at this time do not believe that the pyramids were a landing site for UFOs at all, I can understand why some may assume that but for me, I'm still undecided with the whole aliens thing. As for the pyramids being part of some calendar like Stonehenge is rumored to be, that may hold some ground, the fact that they align with certain constellations and stars lends that theory some credibility.

Can anyone confirm that Giza is constructed of exactly 144,000 stones, that in itself should be very intruiging to some...

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   
What about the crystal skulls?

That has to be on the list IMHO. The most well known one is in the British Museum

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   

so do u guys think its safe to say that pyramids were used as a sort of UFO's landing site? or possibly stonehenge?

But to make this claim you need to back it up with some level of fact, when there is none. I live not far from Stonehenge and to be honest it is nothing 'special', although a lot of people like to claim they are.

ShadowXIX, the Crystal Skulls have been debunked as well but most websites just do not display the arguement against it and most the time it is removed from Wikipedia when it is posted. The people who wish to enlighten us about these ancient advanced civilisations also like to silence anything against them...

As for the amount of stones in the pyramid? Nobody can tell for sure, but there are guesses ranging from as low as 50,000 to as high as 500,000 that I have seen on websites.

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   
The Crystal Skulls are quite interesting as well, I read about them briefly and have seen a few pictures, who knows if it real or a hoax, if they are as old as claimed, then one must really wonder about how they could have been created.

After looking up from a few sources it seems the 144,000 number is probably way off for total number of blocks used excluding the casing stones.

[edit on 12/4/2005 by JKersteJr]

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Thanks for the link. Good thread.

Just imagine how many objects like these are yet to be found, or have been destroyed.

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium

ShadowXIX, the Crystal Skulls have been debunked as well but most websites just do not display the arguement against it and most the time it is removed from Wikipedia when it is posted. The people who wish to enlighten us about these ancient advanced civilisations also like to silence anything against them...

If its been debunked then why does the British Museum still have it, They dont disply it but its still in their collection. Surely they would get rid of a "fake" artifact

The Mitchell-Hedges one is hardly the only one aswell, Theres one in the British Museum of Man in London, England, and has been there since 1898

[edit on 4-12-2005 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Why can't the pyramids have just been used for religious purposes?
It was supposed to have carried the Pharoh's soul to Heaven.

I mean, I used to think the same thing as you, but after taking my ancient world history class, that just seems kind of silly..

And likewise, I'm content in thinking Stonehenge was just used as a calendar. Maybe how they got the monoliths there is paranormal or what have you, but the monoliths themselves? I doubt it.

And yeah, I think the crystal skulls are almost a given to be in that list.

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I believe there are many amazing things yet to find. Don't accept anything as "debunked" unless it actually really is "debunked."

I believe our past is much better than "stupid ape evolving into intelligent man."

Troy

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join