It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think an Alien Invasion would unite our world?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I think this type of scenario was on the "Twilight Zone" or "Outer Limits" not sure which??

If the whole world was invaded by Extraterrestrials in space ships. (with the intent of destroying the whole human race and taking our planet)

Do you think every man, woman and child on earth would unite to try and stop the invasion? In other words.....Would we (the people of earth) be able to work together?

[Edited on 09/08/2002 by MountainStar]

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 03:51 PM
link   
if there truly invading yes it proubly would,

and we would give them all we got.....

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 03:58 PM
link   
If it were for real, I believe most if not all countries would unite and fight them off. It would probably unite the world, and fix the current situation. Do you think it could happen, Terrorists working with allied countries?

A last stand of the human race. Sounds like a new plot for the Collaborative Fiction Forum

-wD

[Edited on 16-11-2003 by WeBDeviL]

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I suppose it would depend on how imminent the threat was. If it happened overnight then we wouldn't have time for all of the worlds nations to put their heads together and we would just have to fend for ourselves, but it we had a lot of notice then the different governments would probably argue over how we should deal with the situation and who would take charge.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 04:04 PM
link   
they'd be more likely to be here to help us, i should think. After all, if they have that kind of technology, why havent they invaded or attacked before? To get this far, they'd have to be massively superior in terms of technology.

Maybe the idea of beings from a benign world is beyond our comprehension, so we just assume that attack would be their only motive. I say let them come and teach us a thing or two. They couldnt be any worse or more dangerous than humanity, which is on its way to destroying planet earth.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 04:16 PM
link   
hehe whatif they take us, jack our mins into a matrix and bam, the matrix is born

yes, if they wanted to, they would have done it long ago....

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I suppose it would depend on how imminent the threat was. If it happened overnight then we wouldn't have time for all of the worlds nations to put their heads together and we would just have to fend for ourselves, but it we had a lot of notice then the different governments would probably argue over how we should deal with the situation and who would take charge.

Let's say we have 24 hours notice. (we see them coming) Not really giving time for different governments to argue (who should be in charge).

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Good call mystra, I agree if there was to be an attack why hasn't it happened already. I would think the longer the invasion is away the harder it would be for the aliens to be successful because of new weapons, etc.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 04:24 PM
link   

they'd be more likely to be here to help us, i should think. After all, if they have that kind of technology, why havent they invaded or attacked before? To get this far, they'd have to be massively superior in terms of technology.

Maybe the idea of beings from a benign world is beyond our comprehension, so we just assume that attack would be their only motive. I say let them come and teach us a thing or two. They couldnt be any worse or more dangerous than humanity, which is on its way to destroying planet earth.

Your probably right Mystra, but for the stories sake these Aliens are NOT here to help us. They are here to destroy all humans and take our planet.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Ronald Reagan gave a speech about this same topic in the 80's. His belief was that if there was some sort of alien invasion, the whole world would unite to battle it. I believe he said this to the U.N.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 04:30 PM
link   
an invasion of an extraterrestrial species would probably be the only way to get the humans on this planet to unite. at lest, that is what i believe. not many other options.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 04:50 PM
link   
why do people always say that if something like this was going to happen it would have happened already?why do we assume that more advanced lifeforms have been more advanced for thousands of years longer than we have been around.perhaps they have only just reached the stage where they can reach our part of the universe. One day we may be so advanced that we can travel to the far reaches of space and I'm sure that once we start to go down the path that will lead us to long distance space travel then we will move along in leaps and bounds.The discovery could be made tommorrow of a way to travel from one place to another with ease.Does that suddenly make us amongs the higher intelligences in the universe or would we just be a bunch infereor beings who just got lucky?
I think that we are being visited by peaceful aliens who are studying us, but who's to say that there aren't a couple of million warmongering inhabitants of the planet "Thug" in a far distant galaxy who have just come across the secret of warp speed space travel completely by accident and are speeding their way towards us now.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 05:15 PM
link   
i think its probably an American "Independence Day" myth that spreads these stories to justify the money spent on star wars technology and spy satellites...believe me, if aliens wanted to overpower this planet they could do it easy!!!

its all about frequencies, a spiritual awareness and a higher state of consciousness that open the doors to space and time travel. With that, anything is possible. Relying on fossil fuels and a war mentality, as this planet is doing, doesnt get you very far. We havent really advanced very much in this area.

Once you've reached the stage of higher consciousness to allow you to travel through space, and implement clean, free, natural energy sources, the concept of war becomes ridiculous. The concept of taking over another planet becomes ridiculous. War is only there to protect the financial power structure of a wicked, self serving elite few who need fossil fuels, environmental destruction and poverty (and charity) to prop up their flimsy structure. Once you remove these people, then a clean world of abundance and peace becomes possible.

We're all trapped on a mental material plane here, so we see war, ambition, power and money as being the only way of life (the "system" if you like)...so we're all slaves to this pointless, destructive, unhappy rat race.

This has been going on for thousands of years, and the time we're living in now is a unique window of opportunity to change this hellish course of events. If we dont act to stop them now, we only have ouselves to blame for the nightmarish hell on earth they have in store for us.

Any friendly aliens who want to lend a hand are more than welcome!!!!

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 05:47 PM
link   
If it was a real alien attack, I doubt anybody would be left alive to unite. But going on the assumption that whatever alien attack was real and not completely devastating, I would think that the world would actually not unite. At least not the various peoples of the world. Now I do imagine most of the governments of the world, already being aware of aliens and in cahoots to some degree, would join forces, but I doubt all civilians would agree to such arrangements. Many people would still be skeptical that it would even actually be aliens. You couldn't convince some people no matter what happens. ADVISOR comes to mind.

IMO, you'd get a 50/50 split of humans uniting and staying apart. The 50 percent that didn't agree to the unification would have numerous reasons ranging from simple disbelief to hatred of other countries, races, or ethnicities.

You could never, ever fully unite the world no matter what circumstances there were. Not even alien invasion.

[Edited on 16-11-2003 by heelstone]

who

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Unless we learn more about the technology our government has, we wouldnt stand a chance in hell either way. I dont think we would have enough time to unite, my belief is that it would happen so fast we wouldnt be able to fight it off. I dont think the movies Signs and Independance day are very realistic, I dont think we would be able to fight them off like that. People would come together, but not soon enough. I think it would be too late and we would end up losing.

Our best bet is to hope them come in peace.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
If it was a real alien attack, I doubt anybody would be left alive to unite. But going on the assumption that whatever alien attack was real and not completely devastating, I would think that the world would actually not unite. At least not the various peoples of the world. Now I do imagine most of the governments of the world, already being aware of aliens and in cahoots to some degree, would join forces, but I doubt all civilians would agree to such arrangements. Many people would still be skeptical that it would even actually be aliens. You couldn't convince some people no matter what happens. ADVISOR comes to mind.

IMO, you'd get a 50/50 split of humans uniting and staying apart. The 50 percent that didn't agree to the unification would have numerous reasons ranging from simple disbelief to hatred of other countries, races, or ethnicities.

You could never, ever fully unite the world no matter what circumstances there were. Not even alien invasion.

[Edited on 16-11-2003 by heelstone]

if what you say is true, the human race will ceace to excist.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MountainStar
Do you think an Alien Invasion would unite our world?

Yes. But when the war will be over......No more unity.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 06:23 PM
link   
If aliens invaded our world it would unite everyone to an extent. It wouldnt matter how much time we had. We wouldnt have to colaborate. Everyone would be firing their weapons into the air whether they liked each other or not. Humans are animals, and they have instinct to survive. We would defend our kind. The afterwards we would resume killing each other if we fought the aliens off.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I agree with Seapeople. As soon as we had fought off the aliens, we'd jsut go back to fighting each other. Fighting take resources, and that puts people into two groups- haves and have-nots. The have-nots would attack those with resources, and it would just get ugly again.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Great topic for a thread btw.

Yes have to agree with most of these posters here,

a world wide threat would bring people together but there are always those amongst us that we can never trust.

Would a war fought by humans vs the aliens lead to real lasting change is something I cannot begin to know.

IMHO we will soon face this issue.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join