It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamofascists are at it again!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Link: www.foxnews.com...

Here we go again.What is it with these people ? Over and over they prove they are garbage. They are worse than than the nazis.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   
"will definitely be beheaded according to Islamic law," Since when is this a law, it is a crime against humanity!

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   
"As Muslims we should practice Islam fully, not in part, and that is what our religion enjoins us to do."

uh ok fine... and if some people are not muslims?

just wondering

If a militia men gets you while you were not praying, is he going to be beheaded with you? how come HE wasnt praying?

shhh good muslims should pray instead of looking for unbelievers

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianGlasnost
"As Muslims we should practice Islam fully, not in part, and that is what our religion enjoins us to do."

yeah, this isn't an issue of islam
it's an issue of a powerful tool for control (religion, in this case islam) put into the hands of the wrong people
in this case they're wrong because they are manipulative

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   
absolutely, before getting power those guys should pray more

More praying Less Beheadings

ah well... in a state where there is no governement you apply the law you can get... and you apply it the way you want it

let someone be judge, jury and executor at the same time

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   
What a rash of islamofascist threads lately....
leads one to the conclusion that either the 'islamofascists' have stepped up their level of 'islamofascist' behavior, or, much more likely, there is a deliberate attempt to portray the Muslim world as rotton dirty animals deserving of every million dollar bomb we drop on them.

Let me guess Rdang, you saw the other threads, like how they generated points for the hate-mongering o.p., and decided to follow suit?

I like your source too. Fox news.

I used to like them. Honest I did.
Then one day God woke me up, and ever since then Fox news makes me want to

Your post was so insightful too.
Who are 'these people' that you refer to?
All Muslims?
An entire people are garbage in your mind?

Let me ask that again because you just skimmed past it,
AN ENTIRE PEOPLE ARE GARBAGE IN YOUR MIND?

What is the solution for 'These people' that are 'garbage' as you put it?
Should we eliminate them?

What did the Nazis do that was so bad Rdang?
Could it be that the Nazis chose to think of a group of people as garbage Rdang?

Think about what you are saying.
Even better, think about what you are implying, then ask yourself...
who is worse than the Nazis?

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I am UTTERLY sick and tired of the current stream of IGNORANCE that people are displaying in terms of Islamic faith.

Yes, these guys mentioned in the artical are twisted, vile, and abusive. They DO NOT stand for Islam. They USE Islam as an EXCUSE to be twisted, vile, and abusive. They are a rogue group lead by a Warlord in a political/social situation where might makes right. IT doesn't matter what faith they use as their excuse. They are evil people who deserve the wrath of humanity.

The US had their chance to help the situation in Samolia, but they desided to pull out because things got too hot. Their plan failed after only a token effort and since there's not a whole lot of capital to be plundered, they abandoned the people and left them at the mercy of thugs like these.

I digress.
My point is, STOP confusing the actions of small radical parties with the intentions and values of entire groups of people!

Generalizations on this level is called... (wait for it...)

IGNORANCE!

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   
However, when these "small radical parties" back up their violence with Islam, what are we supposed to think?

There are so many half-wits out there using violence supported by Islam, the average fella is bound to equate Islam with nut jobs blowing themselves, and anyone near them, to smithereens.
I read several news sources from all over the globe, and I think I have seen 2 articles about Muslims pushing the idea that not all Muslims are violent people. I see articles every day, however, about Islamics wanting to cut off heads, blow things up, wipe Israel off the map, and eliminate the entire western culture.

Now, I know most news sources are biased, and that violence sells papers, but even news from Islamic countries shows the same pattern-all war, no peace

I am also sure that not all Islamic people want to kill anyone, but with the visible jihadists hugely outnumbering the visible peaceful Muslims, what else is the world supposed to think about them?

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by subject x
However, when these "small radical parties" back up their violence with Islam, what are we supposed to think?

You are supposed to THINK.
As in avoid gross over-generalizations and scapegoating. Think about the situation overall. Stop focusing on what the fearmongers want to you to believe.

Exactly the same statement could be made by Islamics in terms of overbaring funadmentalist Christians (like GW Bush) who the Islamics believe are out to destroy their way of life.

If both sides stopped to THINK, there wouldn't be a problem.

We could be leading by example instead of making things worse.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by BitRaiser
You are supposed to THINK......

Exactly the same statement could be made by Islamics in terms of overbaring funadmentalist Christians (like GW Bush) who the Islamics believe are out to destroy their way of life.

I agree totally with that. If I were a Muslim living in the middle east, I would be terrified of Bush (hell, I already am!).

However, when you THINK, you can only cogitate about the facts you have available to you at the time, or that you can find. When a good 75% of the available FACTS (and I think I'm low in this estimation)...not religious dogma or personal belief systems, but facts, shows that Islamics are out to kill the west, or chop the heads off of non-worshippers, then would it not be an over-generalization to say that that most are peaceful people?

Hypothetically, would not a people bent on destroying another people be well served to say they only want peace? Classic dis-information, as it were.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11Bravo
leads one to the conclusion that either the 'islamofascists' have stepped up their level of 'islamofascist' behavior, or, much more likely, there is a deliberate attempt to portray the Muslim world as rotton dirty animals deserving of every million dollar bomb we drop on them.

Let me guess Rdang, you saw the other threads, like how they generated points for the hate-mongering o.p., and decided to follow suit?

Wrong,I call it like I see it.

Are you saying because it was reported on Fox it didn't happen?

Your post was so insightful too.
All Muslims?

These people means just that..the ones that are doing this .If I knew their names I would use them.You are the saying all muslims,I didn't mean to imply anything.

Let me tell you again: NO just the ones doing this!!!!!!!

What is the solution for 'These people' that are 'garbage' as you put it?

I don't know what to do,but it does seem to be getting out of control.

What did the Nazis do that was so bad Rdang?
Could it be that the Nazis chose to think of a group of people as garbage Rdang?

When it becomes the policy of a government to murder a race of people because they are Jewish or behead them for not following their interpretation of religion then they are nazis.

What are you implying ? Because I make a post in a manner you don't like I'm a nazi ?

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by rdang
What are you implying ? Because I make a post in a manner you don't like I'm a nazi ?

i think the meaning was that you're being ignorant and overreaching in your conclusions
it seems to 11bravo and many others that you are clasifying the entire muslim world as some sort of group of filthy savages

posted on Dec, 7 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Bitraiser I agree with the "avoid gross over-generalizations and scapegoating

Of islamofacist, but I still see no one say the same about the USA bashing. Maybe a lack of objectivity from some posters do not see the other side of the coin.

I guess that is ok. One area is ok to bash (The USA at all times) and is not "gross over-generalizations and scapegoating" and one is. (Islamofacists.)

Either people accept over hyped spin from both sides or stop posting anti-USA stuff from as the sole postion that seems to be accepted by a hardened group.

I think both sides the extreme spin are sad, but accept both or none.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 04:11 AM
link   
sbob... it's a hard topic to discuss because it is very emotinally charged. Americans tend to be very proud and many take any criticism of US policies as an insult, usually without even stopping to think that those criticisms could be correct.

Meanwhile, the mass-media has been working very hard to paint Islamics as "the bad guys" in the general public view. Bush's words "If you aren't with us, you're with the Terrorists" screams this public distortion. If I say "wait a minute... not all Islamics are rapists, murders, and want to destory the West", I am not "with" the public message. Thus, according to Bush, I'm with the terrorists.

See how this works?

By in large, the Islamic community is with nieghter "the Terrorists" nor the US. They just want to do the right thing as they see fit according to their moral values. Many resent the West for it's arogance in suggesting that their (our) way is the only "right" way, but that still doesn't mean they either hate us or want to destroy us. It means they get a little ticked when we try to tell them how to live their lives.
Wouldn't you do the same in their shoes?

Add to this situation the constant mis-quoting and poor communication between the Islamic East and the Consumeristic West and it's little wonder tempers flare so often.

Myself, I'm a critic of our Western Values. I don't believe that Consumerism (a social structure based entirely on greed) is a good path for a sociaty to follow. Unfortunatly, it's within the US that Consumerism is the strongest... so I often make comments that hit hardest to Americans. I do believe that we're slightly better off up here in Canada, but that's only because of several flukes of happenstance (not the least of which is that the US developed first while we watched and learned from it's mistakes). I believe that the current administration is corrupt to the core. I believe that ignorance is more rampent in the US due to lower education levels, more focus on pop-culture, and the HUGE impact of "The American Dream" (which has been bastardized from "the freedom to do as you wish as long as you hurt no-one else" to "the freedom to screw everyone else over in the pursute of your own personal greed).

What makes this such an important topic to me is that I see things getting worse for the West as a whole, including up here in Canada.

Maybe, just maybe, if we could get over ourselves and admit that our culture is seriously flawed, we could start working with other cultures to find a better way.

There's people out there that will call me a US basher for making that statement.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

Originally posted by CanadianGlasnost

yeah, this isn't an issue of islam
it's an issue of a powerful tool for control (religion, in this case islam) put into the hands of the wrong people
in this case they're wrong because they are manipulative

Uhm, I see one major flaw in your arguement. I know of no other religion TODAY which threatens to behead those who do not follow it.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by sbob
Bitraiser I agree with the "avoid gross over-generalizations and scapegoating

Of islamofacist, but I still see no one say the same about the USA bashing. Maybe a lack of objectivity from some posters do not see the other side of the coin.

I guess that is ok. One area is ok to bash (The USA at all times) and is not "gross over-generalizations and scapegoating" and one is. (Islamofacists.)

Either people accept over hyped spin from both sides or stop posting anti-USA stuff from as the sole postion that seems to be accepted by a hardened group.

I think both sides the extreme spin are sad, but accept both or none.

Well, that is simply the party line of ATS. Mosty of it's members are from european countries, most are radically liberal.

Liberalism use to be a great idea, until it was hijacked by a bunch of morons who's ultimate goal is not all that dissimiliar to the nazi regime.

Green peace, for example, has resorted to TERRORISM to accomplish their goals! that is not a liberal viewpoint! There are many other liberal organizations who are no longer liberal but fascist!

Like Karl Marx, people have taken a great idea and HORRIBLY warped it.

:shk:

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

Like Karl Marx, people have taken a great idea and HORRIBLY warped it.

:shk:

Karl Marx had a 'great idea'? What was it?
Spoken like a young man that doesnt understand what a Republic is.
Marxism is simply a variant of communism.
Communism is NOT a great idea, unless ofcourse you dont like individual freedom (responsability).
Do some research into various forms of government, because your statement demonstrates that you clearly dont understand what makes America great.

The term 'islamofacist' is wrong because by simple association it equates Islam with Fascism. It creates the impression that Islam and Fascism are one and the same, which is not true.

By posting threads with the title 'Islamofascist' the OP is attempting to generalize the entire Muslim world and foster hate and fear of every person that is a Muslim.
Instead they could be using words like 'extremists' or even 'Muslim Extremists', or perhaps 'sick bastards'.

This isnt political correctness, it is simply correctness.

Whitedevils is term that generalizes all white people as devils.
I would be on threads with Whitedevils in the title to, trying to explain that not all white people are devils, but I would probably be labled as a 'sick bastard' by some of the more closed minded individuals that believe all white people are devils and want to take over the world.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 08:34 AM
link   

In the case of the Islamofascists - YES, they deserve EVERY single bomb dropped on them! In fact, we should step up the bombing campaign!

Um, hate to break the bad news to ya, but Fox News is a VERY reliable news source. You may not agree with some of their editorial opinions, which is fine, but when it comes to reporting the facts they score VERY high. I guess that when "God woke [you] up" he forgor to impart a sense of logic and reason in you.

Originally posted by 11BravoYour post was so insightful too.
All Muslims?

Since anything beyond third grade reading seems to escape you, I will assist you in comprehending... He stated that ISLAMOFASCISTS are garbage! He DIDN'T say "All Muslims", heck he didn't even say most Muslims. He did, however, say that Islamofascists are grabage. Now, to wit, it is fair to assume that the rest of the Muslims are somehow complicit in thses acts as they do VERY little to condemn or prevent them.

Originally posted by 11BravoWhat is the solution for 'These people' that are 'garbage' as you put it?

Like this really needs to be answered? But since I am assisting you I will provide an answer - YES! Eliminate them and do so quickly. Don't pussyfoot around all this political correctness nonsense, bomb them into complete extinction! It is EXACTLY what they would do to you if provided the resources!

Originally posted by 11BravoWhat did the Nazis do that was so bad Rdang?

Oh ok, let's wait for the Islamofascists to actually accomplish their goal - complete elimination of Western culture. That will make the genocide committed at the hand's of the Nazis look like charity! You're right 11 bravo, we should definitely sit back and wait for them to acquire the necessary means to kill thousands, if not millions, of innocent people before we do something. Talk about needing to "think" before posting...

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo

In the case of the Islamofascists - YES, they deserve EVERY single bomb dropped on them! In fact, we should step up the bombing campaign!

So, who exactly are the Islamofascists, oh wise one?
Is it every person that practices Islam? Is it half the Muslims? Ten percent?
Who exactly are they and how do we distinguish the 'Islamofascists' from the 'Islamo-NON-fascists'? Or does it really matter? Should we just bomb them all and let God sort it out?
If 'Islamofascist' does not refer to every member of the Muslim faith, then why not specify Muslim extremist?
Where exactly should we 'step up' the bombing campaign? ON any area that has a high concentration of Muslims? Or should we bomb a gatherings of Muslims if they say anti-American things? (Freedom of speach?)

Um, hate to break the bad news to ya, but Fox News is a VERY reliable news source.......when it comes to reporting the facts they score VERY high.

Care to back up that OPINION with some facts?
Because with a slogan like "We report, you decide" they dont even hide the fact that 'you decide' what is true and what is not.
A cursory search produced this paragraph

One often-cited research study about the faulty news coverage of Fox News is from the University of Maryland Program on International Policy Attitudes (PIPA) Research Center. Released in October 2003 and titled "Misperceptions, The Media and The Iraq War," the researchers from Knowledge Networks in Menlo Park, Calif. conducted a poll with nearly 10,000 respondents. The study was to see the frequency of misperceptions concerning the news coverage on the Iraq War.

And if you go to this page
you will see a chart about halfway down that point out the FACT, and it is a FACT, that Fox news viewers have more misperceptions than people that get their news from other sources.
Go ahead, be noble and check out the facts, or gloss over them and hurry up to type a retort, its your choice.

Since anything beyond third grade reading seems to escape you, I will assist you in comprehending... He stated that ISLAMOFASCISTS are garbage! He DIDN'T say "All Muslims", heck he didn't even say most Muslims. He did, however, say that Islamofascists are grabage. Now, to wit, it is fair to assume that the rest of the Muslims are somehow complicit in thses acts as they do VERY little to condemn or prevent them.

Let me expose some of your double think for you.
See if you can wrap your brain around this one...it might take you a second but give it time.
"ISLAMOFASCISTS did this horrible thing to other Muslims.
We cannot let the ISLAMOFASCISTS to do this to other Muslims.
Since other Muslims do little to condem or prevent the ISLAMOFASCISTS, then they are as guilty as the ISLAMOFASCISTS and so we should just bomb all Muslims"

Its as absurd as the Feds saying they went into Waco to save the women and children, and in order to do that they had to kill all the women and children.

Initially your double think can be hard to overcome, but if you want to, and if you try really hard, and with a little help from God above, you can do it!

Originally posted by 11BravoWhat is the solution for 'These people' that are 'garbage' as you put it?

Like this really needs to be answered? Eliminate them and do so quickly. Don't pussyfoot around all this political correctness nonsense, bomb them into complete extinction! It is EXACTLY what they would do to you if provided the resources!

They dont have the resources to do that.
They never will have the resources to do that.
You live in fear my friend.
There is no nation on earth (other then the USA) that could even contemplate bombing an entire people into extinction as you put it.
Its not even a remote possibility that your way of life or country is in any danger from Islam.
If you really believe that the 'Islamofascists' pose that big of a threat to the world then your world is a small and fragile place.

Oh ok, let's wait for the Islamofascists to actually accomplish their goal - complete elimination of Western culture.

More double think here. You say they want to eliminate western culture, which I guess is possible in your mind, and it scares you, and I guess you think that is bad for them to want to eliminate western culture, it shows how bad the 'islalmofascists' are, then out of the other side of your mouth you say we should 'bomb them into extinction', we should eliminate their culture because you deem it as a threat to your fragile world.
Quit living in fear of something that is never ever going to happen.
There is no way Islam will ever eliminate the western world or culture. Its not possible. You want to bomb en entire people into extinction because you fear something that is never going to happen.
Again I say, quit living in fear.

[edit on 8-12-2006 by 11Bravo]

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
Uhm, I see one major flaw in your arguement. I know of no other religion TODAY which threatens to behead those who do not follow it.

Statements or questions like these are never answered.

My question is, who are the leaders of the Islamic faith? Who is the muslim equivalent of the Pope? And what are their stances on incidents like Rdang points out? More importantly than their public stance, what do they do about them? Do they prevent them or encourage them?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join