It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girlfriend gone crazy...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Stop freaking out man. The answer is simple. She went to sleep and in her sleep she opened her eyes, there's not a paranormal explanation for everything!

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Original Poster: I would take High definition's post with more than a grain of salt.

Mindzi, it is a very normal behaviour but it can be extremely alarming when you suddenly turn around and see anyone staring at you, let alone someone you thought was asleep.
But yes, its not a major problem.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I cant believe you guys are making such plain, insensitive BS assumptions.

How do you want to come to 100% sure conclusions by reading some post on ATS?

What do you feel like if your advice was taken seriously and caused serious injury or damage? Or something really bad happening?

GROW UP ALREADY!

Your words can actually have a negative effect. Do you realize that?

[edit on 30-11-2006 by osram]

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by osram

What do you feel like if your advice was taken seriously and caused serious injury or damage? Or something really bad happening?

GROW UP ALREADY!

[edit on 30-11-2006 by osram]

I would like to think that my response, which draws on my personal experience of the same exact situation the OP described, did no harm.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Well i think the people being referred to know whom i mean.

Someone else posted about his girl eating pills, or walking around with a knife while sleepwalking.

So i guess it's another topic once again.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Sounds a little freaky my man. If this chicks got issues like that now, damn, run away! Get a new one. Not to be mean, but a woman is far more enjoyable with out mental issues, especially a freaking creepy one like that!

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Umm I'm sure a lot of you have said this,

But it definately sounds like sleep walking. You can take her to see a sleep therapist if it annoys you.

Take care and peace,
Naz

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   
u guys ALL crack me up

she is F^cking with U or u are messing with us.

u say she is a "sponge for attention" well there u go

when u talk to her she responds by saying "huh, what" i am surprised she can keep a straight face

she thinks this is funny , and i do too.

u sure took the bait as well as everyone else here except 1 other person who is probably a woman. she wants your attention . you are on the computer ALL the time. she doesn't like it . she wants to mess with u. oh wait never mind get her a priest, or just stay on the computer and piss yourself

next time i suggest doing something so funny that it almost makes her laugh like when she is doing it u pick your nose and act like u are flinging it at her ( in a joking way) what do u have to lose or do what previous poster said and ignore her for 3 or so more times and she will stop , but i don't think u are capable of that

sorry for the tone, but this is frustrating that no one else gets it

[edit on 30-11-2006 by cpdaman]

[edit on 30-11-2006 by cpdaman]

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   
^^^ Winnar!

Exactly what I wanted to post, I was just trying to be "sensitive".

Originally posted by Phre0nBurn
And although she is an attention sponge, she isn't faking this one... I don't think she could pull that off...

I'll bet that if my advice is followed, these episodes will end. It's a needy girlfriend who watched "The Craft" one too many times

Originally posted by osram

GROW UP ALREADY!

Lighten up friend, if he were actually in danger, one would think that he'd have enough sense of self preservation that postin' on this here interweb thingy would be the least of his concerns.

[edit on 30-11-2006 by Reality Hurts]

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Sorry I did laugh when I first read this...it is totally creepy!

My daughter used to do this when she was between the ages of 5 till about 11. It's a true sleep disturbance, akin to sleep walking.

Id' wake up feeling like someone was there and I'd find my kid standing over my face just staring blankly at me. No emotion, no nothing...just glassy eyed and blank. It scared the crap out of me.

She went camping with friends once and my friend woke up to find my daughter standing there staring at her one night. Called her name and got no response. Got up and led her back to her bunk and all was fine.

Our doctor put her on melatonin for a three month trial after nearly six years of problematic sleep and it was amazing! Like a new kid! The safest is to have her check in with her family doc...describe the occurrences and ask for a referral to either a Sleep Clinic or a psychologist...that way the issue can be monitored and the use of the melatonin can be as well. It's a natural substance but still it's better to have medical follow up with these things.

My kid still, occasionally has bouts of "sleep" walking or sitting up, and talks in her sleep quite frequently and I've found it's really triggered by stress and diet. Also around "that time of the month" she will talk a lot more in her sleep...so it may be a hormonal triggered event as well.

I think it's fairly common. In varying degrees...still worth checking up with a family doc
Before you start dousing the poor girl with Holy Water.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 10:57 PM
link   
First off I am not a doctor just a technician, so this is in no way a diagnosis. The only way that you are going to find out what is happening for certain is to have a sleep study run, and for a Parasomnia it may take several sleep studies to catch an event like your speaking of. She needs to have her primary physician refer her to a board certified sleep physician; they are usually pulmonologists as most sleep disorders are breathing related. They will then schedule her for a sleep study where they can monitor her brainwaves, muscle tone, respiration, etc. The test is easy and painless; it only involves putting on a bunch of electrodes and going to sleep. It is a complicated test to run though; so it is done in a laboratory where a technician can troubleshoot the equipment and control the environment during the night.

Sitting up while asleep can result from several different disorders, including REM Behavior Disorder, Night Terrors, and Somnambulism (Sleep Walking). Since she is not violently moving around, making any sounds, nor waking up anxious, I would have to go with somnambulism. A number of things can cause that, and it’s often hereditary. It might go away as she gets older (slow-wave sleep decreases with age), or it could be a medication she is taking. Sleep deprivation can make it happen more frequently. In fact, they recently discovered that people taking Ambien were getting up in their sleep and performing complex tasks such as cooking while asleep, then going back to bed with no recall of what they did.

SleepWalking
Sleepwalking, formally known as somnambulism, is a behavior disorder that originates during deep sleep and results in walking or performing other complex behaviors while asleep. It is much more common in children than adults and is more likely to occur if a person is sleep deprived. Because a sleepwalker typically remains in deep sleep throughout the episode, he or she may be difficult to awaken and will probably not remember the sleepwalking incident.
Sleepwalking usually involves more than just walking during sleep; it is a series of complex behaviors that are carried out while sleeping, the most obvious of which is walking. Symptoms of sleepwalking disorder range from simply sitting up in bed and looking around, to walking around the room or house, to leaving the house and even driving long distances. It is a common misconception that a sleepwalker should not be awakened. In fact, it can be quite dangerous not to wake a sleepwalker.
The prevalence of sleepwalking in the general population is estimated to be between 1% and 15%. The onset or persistence of sleepwalking in adulthood is common, and is usually not associated with any significant underlying psychiatric or psychological problems. Common triggers for sleepwalking include sleep deprivation, sedative agents (including alcohol), febrile illnesses, and certain medications.
The prevalence of sleepwalking is much higher for children, especially those between the ages of three and seven, and occurs more often in children with obstructive sleep apnea. There is also a higher instance of sleepwalking among children who wet the bed. Sleep terrors are a related disorder and both tend to run in families.

All in all though, the only advice I can give you is to get a sleep study done, they might be able to decrease the frequency that it happens, or they might be able to give you some peace of mind on what it is if they cannot stop it.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Did it ever occur to you that it might be her subconscious trying to tell you to get off your lazy fat white ass and get into bed and comfort her???
If you moved quickly to begin the relationship, she probably doesn't know you as well as she needs to or wants to.
Women need to feel close to their partner when sleeping. I would consider this experience to be an invitation or indication that she needs affection and attention at night, not just during the day.
If you want the relationship to work on all conscious and subconscious levels then, I submit that you examine your place in the experience and not just her behaviour.
For example, does this happen everytime you're on the PC late at night? Particular sites that you're accessing?

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 01:21 AM
link   
She is possessed by an entity for sure, next time she does this all you have to say is this...."In the name of beezelbub I command you to leave this young girl"

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phre0nBurn

Anyone have ANY idea what could be causing this??? The only thing that has changed in the past week would be that we quit smoking, but I don't think quitting smoking puts little demons in your head!

I wouldn't worry to much about it
As has been pointed out before, some people sleep with their eyes open, atleast part of the time. I'm one of those, and yes, it freaks people out! My mom was in my room to get something once when I was asleep, and she said my eves were wide open, and the followed her as she walked through the room. She tried saying something but there was no response. I've also been known to have conversations in my sleep - as in answering questions from people who are awake - but when I wake up I have no recollection of this. Might be a medical thing, I dunno. I've always had weird sleeping issues...

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Take a picture of her STAIR and show it to her later!

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Whoa,whoa,whoa, stop and think about what some of you are saying!! Sleeping with your eyes open? No way.. That is just a figure of speech people use when someone is a light sleeper. It's like saying, "He/she has eyes in the back of their head." It's not literal.

Stop and think, the moment that an eyelid is opened, we wake up. Why? Our senses tell us that there is light entering our eyeball!! In order to actually sleep, one has to have their eyelids shut. Wow...
I can't believe that some think it's possible to sleep with your eyes open.

I would suggest that your girlfriend go see a doctor if she is doing what you claim she is.

[edit on 30-11-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

You Sir know nothing, do the research. Through out the animal world there are species that dont follow your simplistic sleep ideal. Swallows spend months in the air dod you think they don't sleep?Some creatures shutdown half the brain at the time, some sleep eyes open, believed to be a survival characteristic.

Your dated thinking probably believes that the brain shuts-down during slumber too
Not so why do you think a lot of great ideas happen with that wake in the middle of the night moment or suddenly over breakfast?

If what you say is correct then conversely within seconds of closing our eyelids we would sleep, I don't you don't none of us do. Although maybe you were asleep when you wrote your last post

I am quite offended that someone who has not witnessed the event comments as an expert. I know what I say. With my partner, her eyes were wide open and she was asleep...you Sir have no right to imply that I am falsifying my statement, you were not there.

No doubt going by your avatar you believe it to be some kind of religious manifestation or possession

Hey SpeakerofTruth(?) Look up lagophthalmos. Then read your previous post. Thank you.

[edit on 1-12-2006 by something smells]

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Hey man, is she a nice girl in every other way?

Are you seriously thinking about breaking up with a girl because she sleeps with her eyes open?

Do you know how hard it is to make a relationship work? If you guys have been together a year and everything is going well, why do you want to kick her to the curb because she sleeps with her eyes open?

A friend of mine once told me he woke up in the middle of the night and his ex-wife was standing over him with a knife!

Now that's a problem.

If you love her accept it, she's not going to hurt you.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Okay... Well,until I actually see that one, I am leaning towards the answer being "No" as far as it even being possible.

Where would religion be if all the believers did not believe until they had seen it

I have seen open eye sleeping, I have not (nor ever will) seen god.

Guess which one I believe exists?

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I dont think that I can relate to the TC but he obviously has issues with his girlfriend. Before you go on about how crazy you think your girlfriend is because she stared at you perhaps you may want to reconsider that she may have looked at you because she liked you. She could be staring at you because you were too busy on your computer!

O_o

Now if I was the TC I would go and comfort her. I know what sleepwalking is and that is harldy relevant. Dumping your girlfriend over this would be the most laughable thing that you could do. The best thing to do is to let it pass over. She is staring at you, because she wants something from you (she could)?

If you think that because she stared at you it means that "omg she stared at me its teh devil" that's pretty wrong. Ask her what she means and ask her what she is thinking before you make your decision!

It is pretty foolish to make a decision like that right away. It's okay if you think it's okay but it's not really okay to just pass your gf/wife off like that.

Reconcile with her and share your opinions besides she may be feeling some anxiety.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I dont think its that strange, my wife occasionally sleeps with her eyes open, and can even respond to questions in that sleep but cant remember questions or that we even had sex. While its creepy its not as creepy as some of what she does in her sleep. As an example, once I was laying in bed awake in the middle of the night (about to get up to go out to my treestand to hunt) and she rolled over looked me in the eyes, covered my mouth and nose with her hand, and said, "shh, be good." I shook her after she wouldnt get off and could see her actually wake up, and neither her nor I can figure out what she was doing to this day (I still jokingly maintain that she was trying to kill me), but her and I still get a laugh out of it everytime its brought up. Bottomline is people do weir stuff in their sleep, its not really anything to worry about atleast not if you are stronger than your partners, which the guy usually is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join