It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girlfriend gone crazy...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 05:25 AM
link   
So, I know it's been quite some time since I've posted, but I'm back, and I need some input...

Alright, So...

I have been with my girlfriend for almost a year now, and we have lived together since the day we met (Yea, So we move quickly).

Last week, something unusual, and to me, very creepy happened.

My girlfriend was in bed, sound asleep, as she had been for at least 2 hours. I was no more than 8 feet away at my desk, hacking away at the keyboard like I always am. I have one dim desk light on, and turned towards the wall, so the light doesn't fill the room. The light is directly to my right, and the bed is directly to my left.

It's about 2-3 am, I have some music on quietly, and I am in a daze, just staring into my computer monitor.

Of course, out of habit, I will glance over at my girlfriend every so often, at random times.

So, here I am, sitting here quietly typing away, and I glance over at my girlfriend for absolutely no reason, and expecting to see her laying there dead asleep as she has been, she is dead AWAKE. Kind of. She has the biggest eyes you could imagine, like she was staring at a bullet coming towards her, but really really slowly, haha.

She is just staring right at me, with absolutely no expression or emotion. A cold, dead stare. I say a few words that I probably shouldn't repeat, and she then yawns, and smiles at me, with that cute smile she has. So, I of course ask her, why the hell were you just staring at me like that?

She has no idea what I'm talking about. She wasn't awake. Her eyes were as open as could be, and out of everything in the room, they were fixed directly on my, on my face, near perfect eye contact. Me saying something must have woken her up, and once it did, she had no recollection. She also said she wasn't having any dreams, that she knew of.

So, this really creeps me out, I don't know if I should take her to see a doctor or a priest, but I can hardly stand sleeping in the same bed as her now.

Oh yea, just FYI, not only did this happen that time, but the night after that as well, and the night after that, and then, about 20 minutes ago. So, 4 nights in a row, the same thing has happened, and she doesn't remember a single time. She is always staring at me, eyes wide open, no emotion.

I nearly defecated on myself tonight when I glanced over and there she was, just a few feet away from me, staring me right in the eye. The best part?

Me: "Baby, What the HELL? STOP STARING AT ME LIKE THAT! Baby? Why are you looking at me like that? Baby?!! BABY??!!"
-- All this time, she is giving me a dead stare, and I am yelling because I almost threw something at her out of instant reaction--
Her: "Huh? .................................. Huh? ...... What?"

She stared at me long enough to blurt all of that stuff out, and FINALLY she responded, and she had no idea what was going on...

Anyone have ANY idea what could be causing this??? The only thing that has changed in the past week would be that we quit smoking, but I don't think quitting smoking puts little demons in your head!

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 05:49 AM
link   
i know it sounds weird, but some people sleep with their eyes open. maybe she's one of those people. i knew someone like that. creeped me out too. but then they had one of those eye mask things. i don't know if it's a condition or anything, but yeah, maybe your girlfriend is one of those people...

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 05:56 AM
link   
It is a common thing. There can be several causes. If its still worrying you consult a optician or a doctor for a quick check up. (it can be caused by weakend facial muscles, among other things)
I know people with the same condtion, and it is very scary to witness for the first time.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by karby
i know it sounds weird, but some people sleep with their eyes open.

Weird yes. But sorry to say, this guys story sounds creepy.

I don't know what to make of it myself. Unless she was briefly possessed.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Sounds creepy, but I do recall hearing about this happening before to someone.

Question,

When she sits up and stares at you, does she have to turn her head to achieve this or are you automatically in her ' line of sight ' when she sits up. If she has to physically turn her head to stare at you, thats a " Maalox moment "

Suggestion might be to arrange your desk in a different area of the bedroom as to be not in the ' line of sight ' .

You may also want to have your desk turned so its facing her, rather than having to look over your shoulder. Less 'insta-fright' that way.

PS.

Go to bed

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 06:22 AM
link   
The thought occurred to me, perhaps she was looking at you like "are you still on the computer??"

Just a thought.

Urn

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 06:51 AM
link   
could it be some type of sleep walking perhaps?

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Okay, #1, some people do sleep with their eyes open (I do, or at least, that's what I've been told...used to freak my ex-girlfriend out)

#2, she was more than likely sleep-walking (or lucid-dreaming...whatever the correct terminology is)

#3, this totally is not "conspiracy" material, unless in her dreaming state, your girlfriend was performing a ritual sacrifice and trying to summon the alien demon gods of the illuminatti while trying to embezle money from the UN treasury and running guns to an underground child slave trade.

Nothing personal bro.
Just my opinion.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by wu kung
#3, this totally is not "conspiracy" material, unless in her dreaming state, your girlfriend was performing a ritual sacrifice and trying to summon the alien demon gods of the illuminatti while trying to embezle money from the UN treasury and running guns to an underground child slave trade.

In other words your asking if hes dating Martha Stewart LOL just kidding. I had the same kind of thing happen with a recent girlfriend of mine except she went completely insane on me when she was like this. She would be sleeping soundly, I being an insomniac would get up to go to the computer. Next thing I knew she would be at the door with that same blank expression on her face. The only diffrence was she would then start freaking out at me and eventualy attacked me. Needless to say shes an ex gf now.

All I can say is be afraid be very very afraid.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Dude, when I was little I used to sleep-walk at night and to be honest, it was pretty close to your "girlfriend's problem".
The only difference was the eye. My Mom says sometimes my eyes were half-opened or closed.

I guess you don't need to worry so much, maybe she's having too much problems and the reflection of it, is sleepwalking.
But take her to a doctor to be sure.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   
if this is the 1st occassions of this nighttime behavior,
after a year of living together,
then i'd venture to say either you've missed seeing these nocturnal antics
that your GF has had for an undetermined time......OR.......

probably that tobacco-withdrawl youse guys are going through,
is affecting your GFs physical &/or emotional states and making the nighttime
?lucid dream? actions of sitting up to scope out If or where there's a cigarette around the place??

good opportunity for youse both to delve into your deep psyche drives, urges,
actions, etc etc....even get on to some web site dealing with lucid dreams that circumvent the regular 'limp body' state of usual sleep...
theres a name for that regular shut-down of the body during sleep, but i can't recall it right now.
hey, good-luck

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   
My girlfriend occasionallly wakes up in the middle of the night and will start applying make-up, funny thing is she ends up looking like Bozo the clown....in your situation if it were me, I would just put a pair of sunglasses on her after she sleeps
take a pic with a cameraphone or whatever, have some fun with it !

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   
creepy indeed, I would definitely take her to the doctor to make sure she's ok overall. They can do sleep tests and things for us these days which is cool.

But some people just do sleep with their eyes open at some stage of REM sleep, I used to have a friend who would sometimes be asleep with ONE EYE OPEN

now THAT's creepy ... and I had to stop threatening her with the "sleep with one eye open tonight heffa" line whenever she p'd me off lol

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   
It could be a mild seizure. My mother has epilepsy, and occasionally does exactly what you described. I'd look into that.

Sounds more like some sort of sleepwalking though.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
when i was in the military, i was on duty in one of the barracks and was sweeping the floor to pass boredom by. i came upon a guy that was laying on the floor (which is common) napping, but his eyes were wide open. i thought he was awake, then after asking a question, knew he was out cold. it's super creepy and not uncommon for a sleeper to display this.
i wouldn't sweat it. def' traits of sleepwalking.
-b

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I don't think this is so creepy, not really. My son walks in his sleep and talks in his sleep all the time. He looks like he's awake, and he can hold full conversations with you...but he's sleeping.

I would say that he's getting better about the sleep walking the older he gets, but he use to come into my bedroom at least once a week and talk to us. Sometimes he would tell his dad that he fixed the tire on his bike, or other random things. He was easy to redirect back to bed, and he never had any memory of doing it.

I use to like it when he would come in laughing, and say mom....bla, bla, bla....just like he was telling me something funny. I thought it was cute. I would tell him to go back to bed... and he would. I still get tickled when I hear him laughing in his sleep, and talking to his friend kyle...cracks me up!

I wouldn't worry? I know we have a member here that deals with sleeping disorders....defcon5...You should ask him to take a look at your thread and see what he has to offer....he does that for a living.

Edit** to add.... I sent defcon5 a U2U with a link to this thread.

[edit on 11/30/2006 by jensouth31]

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Are you guys using "the Patch"? I know when I have tried that it brings on some hefty freaky realistic dreams. It's not a long jump to say that it could cause weird sleep behavior.

You never really said that she was sitting up straight stareing at you, but it seems like some here have concluded that. Is that what happens or is she just laying there eyes wide open?

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I think quitting smoking can have a big effect on your sleeping patterns etc. Before i packed in a few months ago i took some advice on possible side effects one of them being lucid dreaming and disturbed sleeping patterns for 1-2 week. Christ they were not wrong i woke up in cold sweats some nights panicking and other nights would have seriously odd and bizarre dreams. Most of all i would wake up a few times during the night. So it could be that she has packed in smoking.

As mentioned on ATS many times i suffer badly from sleep paralysis and these symptoms sound very familar!!!!!

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Whoa,whoa,whoa, stop and think about what some of you are saying!! Sleeping with your eyes open? No way.. That is just a figure of speech people use when someone is a light sleeper. It's like saying, "He/she has eyes in the back of their head." It's not literal.

Stop and think, the moment that an eyelid is opened, we wake up. Why? Our senses tell us that there is light entering our eyeball!! In order to actually sleep, one has to have their eyelids shut. Wow...
I can't believe that some think it's possible to sleep with your eyes open.

I would suggest that your girlfriend go see a doctor if she is doing what you claim she is.

[edit on 30-11-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
I can't believe that some think it's possible to sleep with your eyes open.

I would suggest that your girlfriend go see a doctor if she is doing what you claim she is.

[edit on 30-11-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

it's entirely possible. and it's not uncommon.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join