It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Is the West in denial about Islam?

page: 4
0
<< 1  2  3   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 01:15 AM
link   
The East-West contrast is sometimes criticized as relativistic. I will agree that the progressive and democratic political groups in this country should be against islam having so much influence in the innerworkings of the GOP's of Arab countries.

It does puzzle me how religion and GOP are linked in different societies. It is understandable how most political figures in this country will not want to jump to criticize Isalm's role in the Middle east crisis. This however should not be an excuse to fail to hold this so called religious leaders accountable, or to call them to be part of the solution.



I will tell you what to me sadly the so called West has not forgatten, The idea that anything but democracy is less than acceptable.

For some countries dictatorship is the way to go.
I know this sounds horrible. Democracy requires lots of personal responabilities that may be to much for certains populations, not to mention external influences prsioning or disturbing the democratic process.
To say that we will help Iraq to become a sustainable young democracy, and look the other way when Darfur is still on fire.
I dont know but it sounds to me that this hole problem with Islam, Arabs or a clash of cultures is overrated. I think at the end of the day the only reason why this War is beign fought is because of the oil and the agregated value of the dollar from oil sales.




posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thousand

Originally posted by clearwater
Excellent commentary on the current situation.


Now it's my turn to hand out a WATS vote. Very well put together analysis.


Thanks thousand, math is Satan! That's 6 billion people worldwide, with 1 billion using 85% of all the goods on the market leaving 15% for the remaining 5 billion.

The West does underestimate binLaden's stature as a messiah for many of those living without.

It's almost as though history has come full circle and the West is Rome with the cash, military might, and religious cynicism, while the East is afire with righteous fervour.

Not hard to see why Bush exploited the religious card.



new topics
 
0
<< 1  2  3   >>

log in

join