It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Cases of "Wii Elbow" Reported, LOL!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   

The newspaper spoke with several new Wii owners who were experiencing aches and pains from repeated use of the console. A 12-year-old from Kentucky reported numbness in her right arm after mimicking the motions of bowling and boxing in Wii Sports; a computer programmer in Minnesota, who admits to being "not very active," complained of sore shoulders; and a man in Indiana says he was "soaking wet with sweat, head to toe" after Wii Boxing.

www.gamespot.com...

hahaha, I dont know what else to say, hahaha.

GET OFF THE COUCH!

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Keep it up guys, maybe in a few months they can drop a few(dozen) sizes.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Wow, wait till they figure out to make a game that uses the wii-mote and a dance pad.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Ever play Virtual Nintendo?

Get some Rackets and a ball, call a friend.
Then you go down to this place that has a hard surface, with lines on it.
One guy stands on each end..and you hit the ball over a net.

it's really cool..and a lot like the video game..;

[edit on 27-11-2006 by spacedoubt]

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   
lol brillaint

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   
lol! lazy people. sadly 2/3 of americans might experience "wii elbow" , but those 2/3 are overweight. the pain these people are feeling..... its called exercize. nintendo needs to release " wii-exercize" to get these people in better shape so they can be ready to tackle the other wonderful games the wii has to offer. these reports do tell me one thing, the wii is fun if people are playing beyond their bodies ability.

ty nintendo for making the wii. THANK YOU!

i also love this quote from a ps fanboy left on gamespot. this could be sonys new slogan.

Screw the Wii. PS3 all the way. No exercise needed.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   
my question is how much does the wii mote weigh? I mean it looks light as air basically. ..

that just sad rly.

jra

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
my question is how much does the wii mote weigh? I mean it looks light as air basically. ..

that just sad rly.

It's very light. But it's the constant active movement of the arms that a lot of people aren't used to. It actually doesn't require much movement of the arms. You can just use your wrists and some minor arm movement.

Either way. People will get used to it if they keep at it, just like any other physical activity.

GET OFF THE COUCH!

And they are... you kind of have to with some Wii games...

[edit on 27-11-2006 by jra]

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   
lysergic the wii is not the only gaming system to cause tennis elbow. im sure u have had forearm pains playing/watching your psp

that is an inside joke between me and lysergic and i hope he gets it. peace m8

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I would have to disagree that it is only lazy or fat people. I am in good shape. I run 3 to 5 miles a day. Work out with weights 3 days a week. Swim, ride a bike, and play sports. I got a Wii on launch day. After about 20 games of bowling I had to stop and I couldn't play it for 3 days because my elbow hurt. The pain went away but I don't play that many games of bowling anymore. I love the system. I think it is the best game system I have ever owned. And I am not complaining about the elbow pain. Just noting that I am a very active person and I did experience elbow pain for a couple of days when I played too long.

Edit: And I can also add that the Nintendo Wii actually tells you to stop playing and take a break showing a picture of a window like it wants you to go outside - of course we ingored that message. I'm guessing they do this on purpose because they know when you play for too long your arm might hurt.

[edit on 27-11-2006 by zerotime]

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 11:31 PM
link   
zerotime, sounds like you are putting too much spin on the ball. use your wrist to spin the ball and not your elbow. you can also just throw the ball totally flat and straight. those two ideas might take the strain off your elbow.

has anyone else recorded a 91 pin strike yet? i have
yeah i learned how to off youtube ,but i still rock.

here is how to do it. youtube.com...

here it is done honorably youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I think my problem was that I am a straight ball thrower. I tried to play Wii bowling just like I bowl in real life. Aim down the middle and throw it as hard as possible. lol

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 11:42 PM
link   
i wii bowl just like i do in real life . i stand all the way to the right side and i put some mad "english" on the ball. my kid on the other hand kinda does it like u. she just stands in the middle and throws the ball straight at the 1 pin. she is 6 and already has a 190 game on wii bowling. sad to say my freaking 6 year old has beat me like 3 or 4 games already on wii bowling.

[edit on 27-11-2006 by elitegamer23]

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I never noticed it before, but the Wii is a goldmine for getting obese american children to become active.

The should make it a mandatory class in schools across america.

"Wii Boxing 101 for Fat Kids" LOL!!!

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Has anyone else heard of the sweating palm problem?

People play on the wii for quite a while and as it happens with most controllers your palms get a little sweaty, and the news goes the strap for the wii remote thingy wasn't tight enough and whoosh the remote goes flying out of their hand to strike something such as their television.

Now I've not seen anything on the internet, its purely people who've mentioned it to me having heard it from "other people". While it sounds rather silly its possible I guess.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard
Has anyone else heard of the sweating palm problem?

People play on the wii for quite a while and as it happens with most controllers your palms get a little sweaty, and the news goes the strap for the wii remote thingy wasn't tight enough and whoosh the remote goes flying out of their hand to strike something such as their television.

Now I've not seen anything on the internet, its purely people who've mentioned it to me having heard it from "other people". While it sounds rather silly its possible I guess.

The thing is, people are playing with their Wii Wii's too long, resulting in broken wrists and what not.

[edit on 28-11-2006 by thehumbleone]

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   
maybe Im an old timer, or just not an early adapter of such things as how the wii handles game control...

...now on the other hand, if it were to simulate like in some holographic mode, that may be interesting, and more natural in movements. Who knows.

But it was funny to hear this...who knows, maybe it will help all the gamers who dont move about get some exercise???

Peace

Dalen

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 03:17 AM
link   
The solution for over weight Americans prehaps?

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   
www.engadget.com...
www.engadget.com...
www.wiihaveaproblem.com...
www.kotaku.com...
nuggetfan.blogspot.com...

Good job, spend 250 dollars on the worst system then are out thousands when your TV is broken. Hmmm, bet they wish they had spent the extra 250-350 on the PS3. Most games(about 15,000), most power, and no broken TVs. Or even an Xbox 360, I love the Fable game and Halo, addicted to that game. Beats anything Sony has for a party game. Go out and kill your friends is so much fun on Xbox Live.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Throwing your arms around wihout any proper resistance is bad anyway.
I say SUE!

They should sue Nintendo for bad graphics as well.

You wouldn't have this problem if you owned an XBOX360.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join