It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Battle of Ragnarok..End of the World?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkStormCrow
British Israelism that explains how the conclusion was drawn.

Thanks for the source

Why don't you draw your own conclusion instead of being led around by the nose.

Trace Nimrod to Egypt in Osiris. Trace Osirs to Greece etc.

No body drew the conclusion for me. I didn't use that source.........I just found you a source.

When you're smart enough to trace the origin of the Christmas tree, you might get a clue.

[edit on 29-5-2007 by Sun Matrix]

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Who is leading whom by the nose.

Hislop anti-catholic rants have been around in tracts since the 1850s at least

The Two BabylonsAlexander Hislop

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
No sunmatrix.... you make these ridiculous claims. Now you back them up and prove them. The burden of proof is on you. You can't just come here. Make unfounded claims and then expect others to fall at your feet in agreement.

This is a forum where people come to express their views in debate. If you can't debate your views better than that then they're worthless.

What has Buddhism got to do with Nimrod or Babylon ?

You say you know more about Buddhism than you'd like to.

Okay here's the golden opportunity if you have so much dirt on Buddhism, I am all ears. I would be fascinated to hear what you [don't] know and I'll tell you what buddy.... You're terrified by that invitation because you know squat and you don't want to reveal it.

Reincarnation was part of the earliest christian faith as is still practised by gnostic Druze Christians today.

It is the 1st vatican council which abandoned the teachings of re-incarnation.

You still show no linkage to Babylon. Nowhere in the Buddhist religion is there a lineage of mythology which can be traced to any beliefs from Babylon.

If you actually knew anything about buddhism you'd know that it is about development of personal wisdom through insight. That is all. Period. Buddhism does not rely on any external pantheon of Gods or mythology about creation.

[edit on 29-5-2007 by sy.gunson]

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by sy.gunson

You're terrified by that invitation because you know squat and you don't want to reveal it.
All I've from you is a bunch of p.a. running at the mouth. Do you thinks it possible to quit your crying and babeling long enough to post anything of value. You jumped the gun like some snot nosed kid calling me a coward when I would have been happy to address any of your questions. As it is.....I don't owe you Jack.

Reincarnation was part of the earliest christian faith as is still practised by gnostic Druze Christians today.

Despite what you hear and read there is no such thing as a Gnostic Christian. A Christian believes that the Son of God died and paid the price for his sins. A Gnostic believes in the sun god and knowledge brought by Zoroaster, Solomon, Jesus etc.

If you actually knew anything about buddhism you'd know that it is about development of personal wisdom through insight. That is all. Period.

Again do you feel it is necessary to run you mouth about what I know and don't. Gee, so Buddhism is about development and personal wisdom through insight. Sounds like the Gnostics and Zoroaster. What a coincidence. Is there a belief in reincarnation. What a coincidence. I agree that there are no dieties in Buddhism but I personally wonder about the suns and moons that are everywhere.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
At hyggjandi sinni
skyli-t maðr hræsinn vera,
heldur gætinn at geði;
þá er horskur ok þögull
kemr heimisgarða til,
sjaldan verðr víti vörum,
því at óbrigðra vin
fær maðr aldregi
en mannvit mikit.

I will let you translate

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   

All I've from you is a bunch of p.a. running at the mouth. Do you thinks it possible to quit your crying and babeling long enough to post anything of value. You jumped the gun like some snot nosed kid calling me a coward when I would have been happy to address any of your questions. As it is.....I don't owe you Jack.

You owe the explanation to the whole ATS community because you make ridiculous claims and then when pressed to justify them with facts, you can't.

Hurling abuse at me is a smoke screen to hide the fact that you don't know what you're talking about.

In my view you're not even a true Christian because a true Christian does not give false testimony. If your testimony isn't false then prove it.

Buddhism has no relationship to Zoroaster or the Gnostics and again you display either ignorance or contempt for the facts.

I don't know what you're trying to infer about the moon and the stars sunmatrix. Probably this all makes sense to you at some deeply distubed psychotic level, but to the rest of us, you are the best advertisment we know for turning our backs on your faith. If you are an example of what it is to be a christian I for one hope never to become one.

[edit on 29-5-2007 by sy.gunson]

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
A man should not be boastful with his mouth either.

But when he was silent, someone else started running at the mouth.

Not much common sense displayed.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   

You owe the explanation to the whole ATS community because you make ridiculous claims and then when pressed to justify them with facts, you can't.

Hurling abuse at me is a smoke screen to hide the fact that you don't know what you're talking about.

I suggest you reread the above post and see who attacked who. And who sent who a nasty U2U.

Also Quit crying and calling for support. Stand up on your own feet.
I don't think you ever gave me a chance to comment before you started running your mouth. Like I said I would be happy to comment and discuss the topic if you could quit crying long enough to post something of value.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
We waited here more than 24 hours for your response and you kept flitting back and forth online but wouldn't give an answer. Now your answer reveals all about your baseless bigotry. B-grade because you contaminated a reasonable discussion of scholarly interest with your psuedoscience. When challenged to explain you couldn't.

You began boasting about how much you suppose that you know. When pressed to explain yourself you couldn't. I don't always agree with Marduk, but at least when challenged to produce the facts, he doesn't go limp and ad lib it.

Your opinions are worthless because you can't cite any facts. You're not even a worthy adversary. You don't deserve the oxygen of publicity either. You're so silly that you are best ignored.

You failed to prove the original assertion either. the challenge was what links the mythologies of Odin, Nimrod, Osirus etc. At first you said they were all linked. You asserted Buddhism had the same origin.

Osiris is the Greek god of wine, Dionysus. And yet in Greek Mythology, Dionysus is the son of Zeus. And yet Osiris is Zeus...........They take characteristics of a chief god like Zeus and create speciality gods and call them children.

Nimrod at his death becomes the sun god Baal. His mother/wife Semiramis at her death becomes Ishtar the moon and her son is Tammuz the star. This is false trinity of the son, moon and star that went all over the world from Babylon. In Egypt it is Osiris, Isis and Horus.

It is also the origin of Hinduism, Buddhism, Shintoism(Japan and the land of the rising sun)ETC. ETC. ETC.

Later you acknowledged that Budhism is not based in mythologies. Well fancy that... So you were wrong but lacked the good grace or christian charity to admit it. You have no clue whatsoever what being a christian is all about. You are full of hate and judgement of others.

I agree that there are no dieties in Buddhism

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Who is we........I only see ye crying. And you started crying long before 24 hours. You were crying before I even had a chance to respond.

People have different beliefs...........deal with it and stand on your own feet.

I've told you several times that I would be happy to respond if you could quit crying.

Hasn't happened yet.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Crying ?

I wouldn't waste the energy over a loser. Who's crying ?

Your pettyness is a giant smokescreen for the fact that even though you've now had three days to explain your hocus belief system you have skirted the issue and been unable to explain anything.

A true Christian does not practice bigotry, or contempt and shows the other cheek. I suggest you master the teachings of Christ before you lecture others on them.

As for the question which you still can't answer, because of your obvious incapacity, allow me to fill in the blanks where your imagination has run riot. You might learn something, but I shan't hold my breath, because not even God can work the kind of miracle which would clear your head.

Zarathustraism did not subscribe to re-incarnation. Hinduism did. Hinduism believes in a pantheon of different gods. Buddhism subscribes to no god. Zarathustraism believes in one god… Where is the connection ?

Zarathustraism has nothing to do with Hinduism. There is more in common between Christianity and Islam than there is between Hinduism and Zarathustraism.

For there to be any credibility to your claim that Buddhism descends from Zarathustraism would require you to prove that Hinduism is based on elements of Zoroaster’s teachings and that simply isn’t so.

I am sure you're going to tell us that you don't have to prove anything and it's our job to research the facts. that's your stock answer whenever you run out of facts. I have seen you abuse other members in other threads with a similar pathetic response.

Well if that is your response sunmatrix the simple answer is if you don't have to prove your claims then we don't have to accept them and your opinion is generally considered worthless.

Hinduism can be traced back to 5,500 BCE. Zarathustraism only originated about 560BCE. We know this because Zoroaster personally converted King Smerdis, father of Daruis the Great.

Hinduism was not influenced by Zoroaster. Hinduism holds that all life is influenced by natural forces. Zoroaster held that life was influenced by forces of good and evil. The two faiths are diametrically opposed and share little in common and certainly nothing fundamental which links their mythology.
Hinduism’s belief in reincarnation is not derived from Babylon or Zoroaster except sunmatrix in your head where obviously anything goes.

You are factually incorrect and you are unable to objective answer a question without denegrating everyone you speak to. You have not linked Hinduism and Buddhism to Babylon at all. You don't know what you are talking about.

As for the origins of Christmas and the Germanic festival of Yule, you pretty much scored an own goal didn't you ?

Not only is the Biblical account of the flood based on the epic of Gilgamesh and hence on the mythology of Babylon, but when it comes to the birth of your saviour you have to adopt a pagan festival at Christmas too.

The Bible is a collection of writings so edited and distorted by the early Christian church that you sunmatrix are totally ignorant that Christianity itself originally embraced reincarnation.

The Christian faith eschews individual enquiry and development of self insight, because we can't have anybody questioning generations of priests who edit and alter the true teachings of Christ.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Your pettyness is a giant smokescreen for the fact that even though you've now had three days to explain your hocus belief system you have skirted the issue and been unable to explain anything.

You seem to have quite a problem with the truth. A day and a few hours has somehow become three days in your eyes. The facts and truth speaks for itself. And that delay was due to your crying and personal attacks. Please refer to the posting times below.

My posting time
posted on 28-5-2007 @ 07:20 PM

Your posting time
posted on 29-5-2007 @ 11:48 PM

A true Christian does not practice bigotry, or contempt and shows the other cheek. I suggest you master the teachings of Christ before you lecture others on them.

I suggest you learn the difference to bigotry and truth. You seem to have a problem with truth as has already been shown.

As for the question which you still can't answer, because of your obvious incapacity,

Your question wasn't answered because of your crying and attacks. You never took the time to address the topic. See the U2U you sent as further proof.

Zarathustraism did not subscribe to re-incarnation. Hinduism did. Hinduism believes in a pantheon of different gods. Buddhism subscribes to no god. Zarathustraism believes in one god… Where is the connection ?

Some references to reincarnation can be found in Zoroastrianism (Persian dualism), which flourished as early as the seventh century B.C., and in Mithraism. Mithraism was typical of the host of "mystery religions" which resulted from the social and political upheavals that followed in the wake of Alexander the Great's colonization of the eastern Mediterranean.

www.ccel.us...

Zarathustraism has nothing to do with Hinduism. There is more in common between Christianity and Islam than there is between Hinduism and Zarathustraism.
For there to be any credibility to your claim that Buddhism descends from Zarathustraism would require you to prove that Hinduism is based on elements of Zoroaster’s teachings and that simply isn’t so.

You mean like this?

Hinduism and Zoroastrianism are the two of the oldest surviving religions and derive from a common origin.
Common origin
Main article: Proto-Indo-Iranian religion
Both Zoroastrianism and Vedic religion are of Indo-Iranian origin, that is, are developments of cultures that have common roots. The oldest sacred texts of both religions have a similar grammar, structure and style, and indeed share words and phrases. The language of the Gathas (the oldest hymns of the Zoroastrian collection of texts known as the Avesta) and the language of the RigVeda are similar to the point that many translations of Gathic Avestan were made by scholars of Vedic Sanskrit.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 01:25 AM
link   

I am sure you're going to tell us that you don't have to prove anything and it's our job to research the facts. that's your stock answer whenever you run out of facts. I have seen you abuse other members in other threads with a similar pathetic response.

You keep talking about us.........
I have no problem producing facts, I don't waste my time when it does no good.
I'm sure that you have seen me respond to personal attacks like you have displayed. I have no problem taking care of my own business.

Well if that is your response sunmatrix the simple answer is if you don't have to prove your claims then we don't have to accept them and your opinion is generally considered worthless.

We.......no you. Stand on your own feet and quit crying for support.

Hinduism can be traced back to 5,500 BCE. Zarathustraism only originated about 560BCE. We know this because Zoroaster personally converted King Smerdis, father of Daruis the Great.

Hinduism can only be proven to around 1500 BC.

Experts agree that the oldest organized religion is Hinduism, which dates back to 1,500 BCE, when the Vedas, the sacred texts of Hinduism, were written. Hinduism as a religion has no known creator, as it was put together from a variety of traditional beliefs from different cultures and mythologies. It is now the third largest religion in the world.Text

www.wisegeek.com...

Hinduism differs from Christianity and other Western religions in that it does not have a single founder, a specific theological system, a single system of morality, or a central religious organization. It consists of "thousands of different religious groups that have evolved in India since 1500 BCE."

www.religioustolerance.org...

You seem to be confusing the Iranian prophet Zoroaster to the original Zoroaster. We get varying dates for Zoroaster because there are traces of his teaching everywhere.........including Egypt.

Though it is possible Zoroaster lived sometime between the 13th and 11th centuries B.C., before Iranian tribes settled in the central and western areas of the Iranian Plateau, it is just as likely for him to have lived in a rural society during the centuries immediately after the Iranian migration. Therefore, though the historical estimate is consistent with the linguistic one, it is just as vague; Gherardo Gnoli gives a date near 1000 B.C.

Archaeological evidence
Archaeological evidence is usually inconclusive regarding questions of religion. However, a Russian archaeologist, Viktor Sarianidi, links Zoroaster to circa 2000 B.C. based upon excavations of the BMAC (Asgarov, 1984).

Indo-Iranian religion is generally accepted to have begun in the late 3rd millennium B.C. (e.g., the Soma cult), but Zoroaster himself already looked back on a long religious tradition. The Yaz culture (circa 1500-1100 B.C.) in the Afghan-Turkmen-Iranian border area is considered a likely staging ground for the development of East Iranian and early Zoroastrian practices.

www.answers.com...

Hinduism was not influenced by Zoroaster. Hinduism holds that all life is influenced by natural forces. Zoroaster held that life was influenced by forces of good and evil. The two faiths are diametrically opposed and share little in common and certainly nothing fundamental which links their mythology.

See again...........linked in prior post.

Hinduism and Zoroastrianism are the two of the oldest surviving religions and derive from a common origin.
Common origin
Main article: Proto-Indo-Iranian religion
Both Zoroastrianism and Vedic religion are of Indo-Iranian origin, that is, are developments of cultures that have common roots. The oldest sacred texts of both religions have a similar grammar, structure and style, and indeed share words and phrases. The language of the Gathas (the oldest hymns of the Zoroastrian collection of texts known as the Avesta) and the language of the RigVeda are similar to the point that many translations of Gathic Avestan were made by scholars of Vedic Sanskrit.

You are factually incorrect and you are unable to objective answer a question without denegrating everyone you speak to.

As before, I suggest that you reread the prior discussion and U2U that you sent and see which one of us started running their mouth. Face the facts and the truth.....if you can.

Not only is the Biblical account of the flood based on the epic of Gilgamesh and hence on the mythology of Babylon, but when it comes to the birth of your saviour you have to adopt a pagan festival at Christmas too.

You're right........it is based on the Epic of Gilgamesh who is Nimrod of Babylon. And also sorry..........no Christmas tree for me, I know it's origin.

The Bible is a collection of writings so edited and distorted by the early Christian church that you sunmatrix are totally ignorant that Christianity itself originally embraced reincarnation.

As before, contrary to popular belief, Gnostics are not Christians even if someone calls them Gnostic Christians. You might find the Gnostics in Masonism with the 'G' in the middle of their symbol.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join