It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Battle of Ragnarok..End of the World?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   
We have the two races of Gods the AESIR and the VANIR.The AESIR are the principal race of gods.The VANIR used to be in conflict with the AESIR, but they became allies and they began to function as fertility divinities.Which means they were responsible for the creation of new life.

Sounds alot like the story about the annunaki.and how they genetically engineered human beings.Yupp i think it is.

Futhermore the gods live in a place called Asgard

The home of men(surface of the Earth) was called Midgard.

Above Midgard was called muspelheim and below it was called niflheim,which reminds me of the word nephlim.If you dont know who they are,read Genesis 6.
They were the giants,sons of god,who lived along side with man during the beginning of time.

The giants were called the Jotun.they lived in nilfheim(the underworld).Intresting isnt it,how this story seems to fit in alot with biblical text and sumerian and greek writings.

Odin is the ruler of the AESIR.he adopted one of the Jotun(giants) named Loki.Loki became one of the AESIR.Could this have a connection with another god by the name of Enki?

Loki was a trickster god (satan?). His wifes name is Angerboda. He fathered 3 monsters of the underworld called FENRIR,HEL,and THE MIDGARD SERPENT.

The monster Hel is were we more then likely get the word Hell from.

Fenrir is said to be a wolf like monster,who is chained in the underworld by the magic of GLEIPNIR,which is used by the gods to bind Loki and also fenrir Until the day of Ragnarok.

Fenrir is destined to be released at the Battle of Rangarok,were he will eat Odin,but will be killed by Vidar,Odin's brother.Vidar is one of the gods who will survive ragnarok.

The Battle of Ragnarok is the Final battle between the gods.The Aesir against the Jotun.Manny of the gods are destined to be killed at the Battle of Ragnarok.This also sounds alot like armageddon or the war in heaven.

The Midgard Serpent is said to be wrapped around the world and is destined to kill THOR at the BOR.ThOR will also kill the midgard serpent at the BOR.

Asgard is the home of the Aesir and location of the VALHALLA which is the hall of Odin(temple of god?) into which the souls of dead people come to rest.Asgard is also were the palaces of the other individual gods are kept at.

It is even said that ASgard is connected to Midgard by the RAINBOW BRIDGE. I also believe that the rainbow bridge is supposed to be broken somehow during the BOR.The rainbow bridge sounds intresting.

Thor is the defender of the Aesir.Could he also be the biblical Michael?
he is destined to kill the Midgard serpent.he wields the hammer,Mjolnir.He is also the god of farming,thunder and rain.

It occured to me jesus was said to be a carpenter.Hammer?

But there is another god more closely related to jesus,who goes by the name of Balder.He was the son of Odin and Frigg.He was also the twin brother of Hod.But Loki tricked Hod into throwing a spear at Balder which killed him.

Btw, hod was blind.Now if you think of the story of jesus he was stuck with a spear while he was on the cross.The myths says that the ohter gods used to throw objects at Balder but none of them would hurt him,until hod hit him with the spear.Another intersting thing to note is how people did "throw" insults at jesus while he was alive and dying.Also it says hod was blind.but also jesus said the people were blind beacuse the couldnt recognize he was sent from heaven.So if you view it another way,you can see, how the Devil(loki) tricked the blind romans(hod) into killing there own brother jesus(balder)

Balder-dash.Run balder,run for your life.

If you'd like to know more about the BOR,then you can click on the link below:

en.wikipedia.org...

Im hoping to hear more from people,and see if anybody else can come up with the some connections with the Norse mythology and maybe the bible or egyptian,sumerian and greek writings.

Good luck.

Peace!!

[edit on 27-11-2006 by TheSonOfMan]

[edit on 27-11-2006 by TheSonOfMan]

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I'm wondering Son of Man whether this is a new subject to you
after all writing a post about the Norse mythos and asking for any biblical connections and not seeing this one
www.answers.com...

btw Hel isn't a monster its a place

btw i think that your connection of Jesus to Thor because Thor has a war hammer and Jesus might have used a hammer back when he was a carpenter is about the most slightly tenuous link i ever heard anywhere
surely you know that Thor is in fact a dead ringer for Bel Marduk

and that of course that means that Jesus is just a fictional character as he only ever appears in one text (written rather recently) whereas all the other Gods appear in hundreds

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I wonder what they mean by hammer. I just trying to understand its meaning. I mean its obvious the term hammer was the easiest way to concieve some sort of weapon or equipment, i just dont think its a boring hammer like the one i have.

Its funny to see that mythology(espescialy nord) end up in video game, i was reading and clearly saw a final fantasy script and what about your sig Marduk is it Tekken ish?

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   

what about your sig Marduk is it Tekken ish

its Babylonian ish

Thors hammer is a war hammer used for bashing on monsters while if it existed Jesus's hammer would have been a carpenters hammer used for knocking together dovetail joints and the suchlike

heres all you ever wanted to know about Thors hammer
www.mackaos.com.au...
its not just a weapon its also highly symbolic

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Thx for the link.
Now i dont know what to think yet about the thunder theme is this read.
I'm probly confusing but i like to think some of our ancient myth are encrypted or simply not adapted to our level or capacities.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk

I think he probably meant Hela, who was the being 'in charge' of Niflheim.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   
the being was a she and she was never a monster
just cos her Dad was Jorgamund the midgard serpent doesn't make her a bad person.

okay maybe she was a little odd but still not a monster
heres a handy guide for those who don't know the difference
Hel
www.viking-folklore.com...
Monster
www.jx3.net...

DONT LISTEN TO THIS FORUM ITS A BUNCH OF BALLOXOUS

BALLOXOUS ??
Ah right, you mean the Ancient Persian god of incorrect spelling ?

[edit on 27-11-2006 by Marduk]

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   

No it isnt,itssomething ive looked at before

after all writing a post about the Norse mythos and asking for any biblical connections and not seeing this one
www.answers.com...

Ummm.

Hela is a daugher of Loki.Goddess of the Underworld.Soory i was using the defentions the "unabridged dictionary" gave me.

btw i think that your connection of Jesus to Thor because Thor has a war hammer and Jesus might have used a hammer back when he was a carpenter is about the most slightly tenuous link i ever heard anywhere
surely you know that Thor is in fact a dead ringer for Bel Marduk

I wasnt trying to say jesus was thor,im only saying there could be a connection between them both,like maybe in those times,there could have been a sign to watch for to know when jesus was coming,like he will use a hammer like the gods or something,idn..im just saying.The prophets told the signs.Im sure there were some scandanavin prophets.

Marduk.Well i kinda though he was the same person as Michael the Arch angel,and i did say i thought Thor was Michael.So i guess me and you agree he is Marduk.

and that of course that means that Jesus is just a fictional character as he only ever appears in one text (written rather recently) whereas all the other Gods appear in hundreds

Do you ever think the "gods" were from another planet??????

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   

www.answers.com...

Actually, Hel really IS a Norse goddess.

en.wikipedia.org...

Particularly given that Thor had a horrible temper, went around killing giants, rode a chariot drawn by goats, married, had two sons, and did some cross-dressing.

Jesus as Baldur? Well, only if Jesus is a minor god with no particular powers who was killed by his blind twin brother (Hod, who killed Baldur, was his twin) and only if Jesus fathered a son and had his body burned to ash (set off on a pyre-ship) and only if Jesus remains dead and intends to stay dead until after Judgement day.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Fixed link (or tried)

[edit on 27/11/06 by masqua]

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Most of the names, not all, are in the Bible codes (NT).

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Do you ever think the "gods" were from another planet

no not once
well maybe when i was about 11 and before i knew better

When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

ah but here's the question
its clearly a place and a Goddess (i already posted a picture of her)
but which do you think came first
was the land named after some chick
or was some chick named after the land

i.e. is it more a Title than a name (like you were saying before iirc a throne name)
I think you have to consider and factor in that she is also known by other names and the land isn't
At any rate if shes supposed to be a monster then some of the women I've woken up next to over the years have been some kind of awful hideous monstrous demons by comparison

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   

ah but here's the question
its clearly a place and a Goddess (i already posted a picture of her)
but which do you think came first
was the land named after some chick
or was some chick named after the land

At any rate if shes supposed to be a monster ...

Why does one have to come first? Consider the words Matter and Mother. Did one come first? Female gods/archetypes frequently have a geographical aspect, like a city for example. Also they often have a monstrous aspect, the 'Great Mothers', the belly of the whale, the dragon my mother-in-law.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 10:57 PM
link   

O.E. hel, helle "nether world, abode of the dead, infernal regions," from P.Gmc. *khaljo (cf. O.Fris. helle, O.N. hel, Ger. Hölle, Goth. halja "hell") "the underworld," lit. "concealed place," from PIE *kel- "to cover, conceal, save" (and, some suggest, 'dark hole').

The 'dead, infernal regions' are feminine and negative (i.e. a frigid icky vagina). Concealed, covered. This is all very feminine.

The Eng. word may be in part from O.N. Hel (from P.Gmc. *khalija "one who covers up or hides something"), in Norse mythology Loki's daughter, who rules over the evil dead in Niflheim, the lowest of all worlds (nifl "mist"), a death aspect of the three-fold goddess.

Again, hell is feminine.

Helheim ("house of Hel") is one of the nine worlds of Norse mythology. It is ruled by Hel, the monstrous daughter of the trickster god Loki and his wife Angrboda.

So the place (Helheim--the house of Hel) became Hel, the daughter of Loki. You could take this as meaning Hell was a woman before she was a place, but that would be short-sighted. She is a place and being. Helheim litterally means the _house_ of hell, i.e. the the _body_ of hell, her material aspect.

I wonder if we see the same feminine aspect to other cultural visions of 'hell'. The greek Hades for example. Certainly it was a place. Was it a goddess also? No, I checked. Hades is male. I wonder why the difference.

[edit on 27-11-2006 by rizla]

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Well it looks like this thread is going straight to "hell"

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by rizla

I wonder if we see the same feminine aspect to other cultural visions of 'hell'. The greek Hades for example. Certainly it was a place. Was it a goddess also? No, I checked. Hades is male. I wonder why the difference.

[edit on 27-11-2006 by rizla]

Maybe Hades is supposed to be who Loki was to the Nordics.But overtime he became a place insted of an actual person.Ive noticed too,that most places are given female aspects.Like even in the bible the Lord mentions alot of places in a female aspect,for instance "The Daugter Of" or another time he would use the word "she" to describe a place.Even nowadays we still do the same thing.

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSonOfMan
Maybe Hades is supposed to be who Loki was to the Nordics.But overtime he became a place insted of an actual person.

Nah. Loki is just Loki and not a location! And anyway, Hades is Greek and it's different than the Nordic Hall of Hela.

Ive noticed too,that most places are given female aspects.Like even in the bible the Lord mentions alot of places in a female aspect,for instance "The Daugter Of" or another time he would use the word "she" to describe a place.Even nowadays we still do the same thing.

There's plenty of places with men's names. Pillars of Hercules come to mind, as do the names of mountains. In Norway there's places that got their names because Thor's hammer hit the mountain instead of hitting a giant and so on and so forth.

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSonOfMan
We have the two races of Gods the AESIR and the VANIR.The AESIR are the principal race of gods.The VANIR used to be in conflict with the AESIR, but they became allies and they began to function as fertility divinities.Which means they were responsible for the creation of new life.

Sounds alot like the story about the annunaki.and how they genetically engineered human beings.Yupp i think it is.

Futhermore the gods live in a place called Asgard

The home of men(surface of the Earth) was called Midgard.

Above Midgard was called muspelheim and below it was called niflheim,which reminds me of the word nephlim.If you dont know who they are,read Genesis 6.
They were the giants,sons of god,who lived along side with man during the beginning of time.

The giants were called the Jotun.they lived in nilfheim(the underworld).Intresting isnt it,how this story seems to fit in alot with biblical text and sumerian and greek writings.

Odin is the ruler of the AESIR.he adopted one of the Jotun(giants) named Loki.Loki became one of the AESIR.Could this have a connection with another god by the name of Enki?

Loki was a trickster god (satan?). His wifes name is Angerboda. He fathered 3 monsters of the underworld called FENRIR,HEL,and THE MIDGARD SERPENT.

The monster Hel is were we more then likely get the word Hell from.

Fenrir is said to be a wolf like monster,who is chained in the underworld by the magic of GLEIPNIR,which is used by the gods to bind Loki and also fenrir Until the day of Ragnarok.

Fenrir is destined to be released at the Battle of Rangarok,were he will eat Odin,but will be killed by Vidar,Odin's brother.Vidar is one of the gods who will survive ragnarok.

The Battle of Ragnarok is the Final battle between the gods.The Aesir against the Jotun.Manny of the gods are destined to be killed at the Battle of Ragnarok.This also sounds alot like armageddon or the war in heaven.

The Midgard Serpent is said to be wrapped around the world and is destined to kill THOR at the BOR.ThOR will also kill the midgard serpent at the BOR.

Asgard is the home of the Aesir and location of the VALHALLA which is the hall of Odin(temple of god?) into which the souls of dead people come to rest.Asgard is also were the palaces of the other individual gods are kept at.

It is even said that ASgard is connected to Midgard by the RAINBOW BRIDGE. I also believe that the rainbow bridge is supposed to be broken somehow during the BOR.The rainbow bridge sounds intresting.

Thor is the defender of the Aesir.Could he also be the biblical Michael?
he is destined to kill the Midgard serpent.he wields the hammer,Mjolnir.He is also the god of farming,thunder and rain.

It occured to me jesus was said to be a carpenter.Hammer?

But there is another god more closely related to jesus,who goes by the name of Balder.He was the son of Odin and Frigg.He was also the twin brother of Hod.But Loki tricked Hod into throwing a spear at Balder which killed him.

Btw, hod was blind.Now if you think of the story of jesus he was stuck with a spear while he was on the cross.The myths says that the ohter gods used to throw objects at Balder but none of them would hurt him,until hod hit him with the spear.Another intersting thing to note is how people did "throw" insults at jesus while he was alive and dying.Also it says hod was blind.but also jesus said the people were blind beacuse the couldnt recognize he was sent from heaven.So if you view it another way,you can see, how the Devil(loki) tricked the blind romans(hod) into killing there own brother jesus(balder)

Balder-dash.Run balder,run for your life.

If you'd like to know more about the BOR,then you can click on the link below:

en.wikipedia.org...

Im hoping to hear more from people,and see if anybody else can come up with the some connections with the Norse mythology and maybe the bible or egyptian,sumerian and greek writings.

Good luck.

Peace!!

I personally think this game is an excellent way to keep BELIEVING people BUSY BUSY BUSY doing NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING.....
They're too busy playing video games to notice whats happening in the real world..
People who could be helping further PEACE... but are busy playing games.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy

I personally think this game is an excellent way to keep BELIEVING people BUSY BUSY BUSY doing NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING.....
They're too busy playing video games to notice whats happening in the real world..
People who could be helping further PEACE... but are busy playing games.

Ummm what are you talking about? Who's busy playing video games?

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Responded to your U2U. It doesn't flash anymore to let you know you have messages. So you have to check it everysooften.

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 05:06 AM
link   
The Norse belief in hel and the Christian concept of hell are not proof that Norse mythology fortells and corroborates the Bible (in particular revelations).

In the Third century AD there was a great council in Byzantium during which all the teachings of Christ were vetted for conformity to the Church's wishes. If my knowledge of history is correct it may be what they call the First Vatican Council but don't quote me.

Suffice to say that several original Books of the Bible were expunged from history and have only recently been re-discovered. Original Christianity believed in the concept of re-incarnation like Hinduism and Buddhism, but the early church rewrote and wrote out of the Christian faith any reference to it.

Jesus was not born at Christmas. Early Christianity adopted several pagan festivals in order to ensure it's spread through the pagan world.

More recently Catholics adopted the festival of the dead in Mexico to encourage participation of native Americans in Mexico.

Christian adoption of hell is quite likely a similar adoption of pagan beliefs.

In fact I would go as far as saying possibly half of what we know as the Bible today was a work of fiction or creative rewriting in the third century AD.

One final point. If you are looking for similarities the similarity of Norse mythology with Greek mytholgy is far more striking. Have you not heard of Mt Olympus and the Titans ?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join