It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Battle of Ragnarok..End of the World?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I'm sorry to do this, being of partial Swedish descent and also Anglo-Saxxon descent which was a North Germanic tribe, but Scandinavian stories of Creation, End of the World, of Heros, of Epic Tales and all .. its all a load of horse crap.

There is no Valhalla, Odin didn't exist, and if he did was just a powerful man that founded a powerful tribe, and you know, I can say the same thing about any other silly Pagan mythos.

Give me something at least semi-believable when faith is involved, please. I can't put faith in such tales..

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Some folk still believe in the old ways and dont consider them a load of horse crap. I believe that when you attack another faith you devalue your own.

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by runetang
There is no Valhalla, Odin didn't exist, and if he did was just a powerful man that founded a powerful tribe, and you know, I can say the same thing about any other silly Pagan mythos.

Actually, Odin is Bibical Nimrod. Who is Egyptian Osiris.......who is Greek Zeus.

Thor is Bibical Tammuz. Who is Egyptian Horus.......who is Greek Hercules.

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sun Matrix

Actually, Odin is Bibical Nimrod. Who is Egyptian Osiris.......who is Greek Zeus.

Thor is Bibical Tammuz. Who is Egyptian Horus.......who is Greek Hercules.

Out of curiosity how did you come to the conclusion that the Norse Gods are linked to biblical pesonalities?

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
wow i was totally surprised to see my thread resurface after such along time.

After reading my opening statement im very happy with myself..(gives self pat on back)

Peace

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkStormCrow

Out of curiosity how did you come to the conclusion that the Norse Gods are linked to biblical pesonalities?

Lots of study. Take for example the death of Nimrod being cut up when he was killed. He was said to become the sun god Baal. The original story of Osiris death was the same. (There are other death stories) They found all the body parts of Nimrod except his manhood....same with Osiris. There are many twists and turns in these false gods. Nimrod is Osiris.....Baal is Ra. Over time Ra morphs into Osiris. The mystery religion is brought to Egypt by Zoroaster..
Zoroaster is Nimrod. I am not talking about the Iranian prophet Zoroaster whose true purpose is to confuse the timeline.

Osiris is the Greek god of wine, Dionysus. And yet in Greek Mythology, Dionysus is the son of Zeus. And yet Osiris is Zeus...........They take characteristics of a chief god like Zeus and create speciality gods and call them children.

Nimrod at his death becomes the sun god Baal. His mother/wife Semiramis at her death becomes Ishtar the moon and her son is Tammuz the star. This is false trinity of the son, moon and star that went all over the world from Babylon. In Egypt it is Osiris, Isis and Horus.

It is also the origin of Hinduism, Buddhism, Shintoism(Japan and the land of the rising sun)ETC. ETC. ETC.

What it boils down to is these religions come from Babylon, just as the Bible says. These religions and false gods were sent by the deciever to keep the world from seeing the prophecied Messiah. Instead of the Son of God you get the sun god.

God by his Holy Spirit is the father of the savior of the world.
In Babylon Baal the sun god impregnates Semiramis with a ray of the sun (an obelisk, the phalus of the sun god) and conceives the false savior Tammuz.
In Egypt Isis becomes pregnant by a bolt of lightning and conceives false savior Horus.
In Greece, Zeus impregnates a mortal who conceives false savior Herculse.

All these different names and stories came about when God confused the language at Babel and those that could communicate grouped together with different words for the same thing.

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   

It is also the origin of Hinduism, Buddhism, Shintoism(Japan and the land of the rising sun)ETC. ETC. ETC.

What on earth has all this to do with Buddhism ?

Do you even know anything about Buddhism ?

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by sy.gunson

What on earth has all this to do with Buddhism ?

Same origin.

Do you even know anything about Buddhism ?

More than I'd like.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 02:01 AM
link   
What same origin ?

You're talking claptrap. Be specific.

Tell us here and now what relationship the mythology of Zeus, Nimrod, Osirus, Odin or any ot the others cited have to do with the teachings of Sidharta Buddha please ?

In fact tell us please what Sidhartha Buddha taught ?

If you know then it would be a cinch, but you wont be able to because you know nothing of Budhism.

You say you know more than you'd wish to know... Good then share it here and now. Don't be a sissy... step up to the plate and tell us.

Show me or tell me one bit of Buddhist teaching which comes from or is identical to the Judeao Christian religions or for that matter has anything to do with Babylon ?

[edit on 29-5-2007 by sy.gunson]

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I am still trying to figure out how Germanic deities relate to Semitic deities.
Odin is not similar in any way to Nimrod, nor does Thor bear any relationship to Tammuz. A common practice of early Christianity was to reduce the Gods and Heroes of other religions to the status of Demons and Devils or Biblical villians. That seems to be what you are trying to do in this case. I also dont see what Norse belief has anything to do with Buddism. The Eddas would have more in common with with the Vedas of India I would like to see some sources for your assumptions.

Odin God of Wisdom War Poetry Death Magic = Nimrod Human King Built Tower of Babel becomes the sun God Baal=Osiris God of Life Death and Fertility

Not really feasable you have two distinct Subraces Germanic and Semitic
Odin is not a sun god, in Germanic belief the sun is Feminine hence Ostara and Sunna and Sol. The moon is Masculine Mani brother of Sol.
Odin doesnt die until the end of Ragnorok.
Odin is god of the dead in battle Hel is the goddess of the dead in the underword or afterlife.
Odin is not a fertility god.
The only similarity between Odin and Zeus is that they are Chief Gods of the pantheons.

[edit on 5/29/2007 by DarkStormCrow]

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 05:53 AM
link   
DarkStormCrow, sunmatrix is waffling on about something he has no knowledge of and has done no research about. He is quoting from some fundamentalist Christian propaganda which will not stand up to genuine scholarly enquiry.

He is quoting his own extreme religious beliefs and nothing based in fact:

What it boils down to is these religions come from Babylon, just as the Bible says.

Buddhism has nothing to do with Babylon and he has no clue what he is talking about. I doubt he will even have the courage to come back and post. if he is fool enough to reply then he will have nothing credible to say.

If he was true Christian he would live by the teaching not to bare false witness.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 08:04 AM
link   
How interesting ... sunmatrix was online 13 minutes ago but he wouldn't come and talk to us. I think that is the mark of cowardice.

I have sent him a private message challenging him to justify his claims with factual information. I doubt he can.

Well I respect people who can stand their ground and argue their views. Run away sunmatrix... bye bye.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Show me or tell me one bit of Buddhist teaching which comes from or is identical to the Judeao Christian religions or for that matter has anything to do with Babylon ?

Please..............Buddhism has nothing to do with Christianity.... whatsoever. I am not saying that or implying that.

If you are looking for anything that comes from Babylon....... reincarnation.

Have I studied Buddism........No. Am I going to.....No. I don't need to or want to. I know what it is and I understand the source. Do you?

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   

How interesting ... sunmatrix was online 13 minutes ago but he wouldn't come and talk to us. I think that is the mark of cowardice.

I have sent him a private message challenging him to justify his claims with factual information. I doubt he can.

Well I respect people who can stand their ground and argue their views. Run away sunmatrix... bye bye.

I made my above comment before I read your CS reply.

BTW I was busy posting in another thread before I got over here. This is the B league to me.

[edit on 29-5-2007 by Sun Matrix]

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I am still trying to figure out how Germanic deities relate to Semitic deities.
Odin is not similar in any way to Nimrod, nor does Thor bear any relationship to Tammuz.

Not really feasable you have two distinct Subraces Germanic and Semitic

Let's keep it simple. Do a little research and tell me the origin of the Christmas tree.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Lets keep it real simple quote your sources, that link the Norse dieties with anything in the Bible. Heck I will will even settle for the the Biblical interpetation that links them, of course if you can show one non Biblical source that that woulld be nice also. So I can go read it myself.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
..............horse to water...............

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Why wont you quote a source?

the Christmas tree has nothing to do with Nimrod=Odin

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Why wont you quote a source?

the Christmas tree has nothing to do with Nimrod=Odin

I didn't learn what I learned going A to G. I went A to b, b to C, C to D etc. I don't have time to go through all the steps. If you need a source it's no problem doing a search and finding one..........Here

www.biblebelievers.org.au...

The Christmas tree has everything to do with why Nimrod = Odin

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
British Israelism that explains how the conclusion was drawn.

Thanks for the source

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join