It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Museums are disinfo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I feel that at a lot of times that most of the museums that are out there are perpetuated with tons of disinfo. Does anyone feel the same way? I apologize for not researching before I made posts before but I can change that and I can change how I post but I feel that a lot of museums are filled with disinfo and that they try to educate people into thinking certain things and noticing patterns.

When people are younger when they go to museums they go there because they dont have any choice and these museums contain information that they are taught to learn because they are forcefed it to "study" these "painters" and their profession.

You could say that it damages their concious irreperably but I think it gets too late at times.

i dont know how anyone else feels about museums but they are disinfo.

I believe that they are brainwashing stations for the youth.

>_>

Anyone can disagree with me if they want but that's how I think.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   
When i was young we went to museums. I saw greek and roman anphores, coins. I saw dinosaurs, I saw equipment from the 1st and 2nd World War, I saw old cars and planes. I saw old books, old paintings.
I don't think I have been brainwashed. Educated, yes.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Museums tend to follow a train of thought and most museums follow patterns and trends, when I was young I saw museums too >_>. But sometimes museums can teach about religions and some people may be easily converted. Museums can potentially overwhelm you with information more than you are able to perceive of.

Museums can spark an idea within your train of thought and it can cause yourself to think of history differently. Most of the time people spend long times in different museums. Museums, are a form of propeganda. When a person goes to a museum the museum targets specific consumers and they force other people to take in their views.

I believe that going to museums make people forget that they have an opinion. If you goto a museum you arent building things on your opinion you are taking in their opinion.

That's how I see it put.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   
To forge your own mind you have to speak to people, read books, read newspapers, watch TV (ok I know), go to school, surf the internet, and why not, go to museums.

But, hey, stop. Newspapers, TV, radio, school are full of disinfo

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by looofo
To forge your own mind you have to speak to people, read books, read newspapers, watch TV (ok I know), go to school, surf the internet, and why not, go to museums.

But, hey, stop. Newspapers, TV, radio, school are full of disinfo

I know that you have to do all of those things to become smarter. But wouldnt judging by your logic wouldnt that make learning disinfo? Wouldnt it make the internet disinfo? Wouldnt it make opinionated discussions disinfo? I was talking about museums my friend, museums are disinfo. They are brainwashing stations!

MUSEUMS ARE EVIL!!!!!

Plus there is the waiting factor and the time it takes to go between exhibitites!

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   
This is a bazaar discussion...

Have you been traumatized by an experience in a museum? I mean in my experience, they aren't that influential.

Course I was never big on going to the museum, but thats cause I'm from a little town and the only museum was dedicated to paper products =)

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Museums vary in type.

A natural history museum may have a slight bias based on evolutionary and biological theories but they will also present evidence along side of the claims.

Art museums can be political, especially modern, but it's art.

Air and Space museums can have a patriotic twist.

In the end though, everything was done by a human and human have biases, even if they don't express them intentionally. This goes for books, school, museums, everything.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
As someone who has been a lifelong museum and history fanatic, I have seen some of the most wonderful things in museums. The Louvre in Paris, the Reics (sp?) in Amsterdam and the museums of London. I can safely say I've never been brainwashed.
In fact, a museum was where I discovered that modern Christianity has its roots in sbefore Christ Pagandom. That's not exactly brainwashing. If you've never been to a grand, world-class museum, you have missed an incredibly awesome experience.

Now, having said that, I have found some museums to be most inaccurate. I think though that it's due more to the rigid ideas/opinions of archeologits, etc. I remember one place in England that said an image was the Greek Medusa, when actually it was the old Celtic sun god, Lugh - big difference. Do they want to hear about their mistakes? Hell, no! They can be pretty mainstream in some ways. But these are mistakes, not propaganda.

I am interested to know why you think museums are propaganda. Did you have a bad experience? I'd sincerely like to know.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   
iv never heard of any one being converted in a museum.. honestly lol..

I have never heard that a museum can brainwash someone.. in fact I have never heard of anything to exciting going on in a museum except maybe someone dosing off.. You might be a little to paranoid.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I think this is a remote possibility. The newly created creationist museum in Kentucky might brainwash a few folks, but it's the only one of its kind, that I know of anyway.

If people can't look at a religious painting and appreciate the art on its merits without being converted, they probably weren't real secure in their personality to begin with, yaknow?

new topics

top topics

join