It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you Sacrifice to Live in Heaven?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Definition of Heaven: Living with God.

Which earthly successes would you sacrifice to live in Heaven? Assume there are 4 major earthly successes: "riches", "intelligence", "looks", and "athletic ability". Which of the 4 would you sacrifice, or none?

I would sacrifice all 4 and any other "earthly successes" to live in Heaven with God.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I think we could realize Heaven on earth if we stopped being so greedy, self-absorbed, blind and foolish.

I don't think we have to sacrifice anything of value to realize that dream. We just have do right by ourselves and by each other.

In fact, I think that's the reality of our existence. Heaven and Hell exist side-by-side on earth - we craft our own experience.

Those who appreciate the blessings of life and love, can live in bliss and peace. Those who are corrupted and twisted make their own Hell.

I mean, just look at this place...

It was paradise, and we've all but completely ruined it. We've burned it, poisoned it, defiled it, exploited it, and in so doing, we've damned ourselves. I think God's perfectly content to let us determine our own fate, and we've made a royal mess of things.

We have the power to change things with our decisions and our actions - we always have. We've got the power but, historically, we've lacked the will to do all that is necessary. We're weak, petty and sinful, and we deserve our fate for those reasons.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 10:37 PM
link   
wow good question,

well i'm not a religious person, but i think about a lot of things and ive come to the conclusion there isn't a god, but i SOOOOOO hope there is - id hate to think when we die that’s it.

anyway what would i give up (if there is a god)? well 'looks and athletic ability' - i'm no brad pitt but i like the way i look and i am kinda vain so those out of the question as i enjoy keeping fit also.

probably 'intelligence' i plan on winning the lottery one day so that will sort my 'riches'...yeah i can live with half of brain, well i do now

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Would earthly successes mean anything without an afterlife? Believe in God!!! Heavenly successes far exceed earthly successes!!! Devote yourself to the world that is to come and you will have a far deeper understanding of Heavenly events!!!

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech

Which earthly successes would you sacrifice to live in Heaven? Assume there are 4 major earthly successes: "riches", "intelligence", "looks", and "athletic ability". Which of the 4 would you sacrifice, or none?

I would sacrifice all 4 and any other "earthly successes" to live in Heaven with God.

I would sacrifice all of that, but more importantly (in my opinion) i would sacrifice myself so that everyone could be with god. Not that i'm going to try and get killed or anything, but if I knew that the majority of the people weren't going to be able to be with god, then I would do what I had to do so that all could be with god.

I say this with the utmost sincerity, because there have been times when I've pondered deeply upon similar questions, I've thought about it many times, and i would do it.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 11:53 PM
link   

I would give you my riches
I would give you my intelligence
I would give you my looks
I would give you my athletic ability.......
I would and will give you whatever you ask for.
but you should know, I cannot give what I do not have.
so if you give me what I do not have, I will give you what you do not have.

[edit on 11/26/2006 by PuRe EnErGy]

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 12:22 AM
link   
The Ultimate Question would be would you suffer the most pain and torment among any being so that all other beings would experience less pain and torment and greater happiness than you? At least intermittenly? I would.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 01:03 AM
link   

The Ultimate Question would be would you suffer the most pain and torment among any being so that all other beings would experience less pain and torment and greater happiness than you? At least intermittenly? I would.

Have you not experienced horrible things? .. in the name of humanity? in the name of accepting and understanding someone who you normally wouldn't? ..
Have you not put yourself thru horrible things? .. It matters not what you do to your body, but what you do to your mind.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 08:50 PM
link   

I'm gonna be a stinker here, but I think a very HUGE point will be lost in this thread.

There is a sacrifice to live with God, but it is not a sacrifice we can offer. To live in God's presence someone has to be 100% perfect. That means as soon as a 1 sin is commited that person is no longer 100 % perfect. Nothing a person does can remove that sin and bring that person back to 100% perfection.

The sacrifice that brings heaven with God is Jesus Christ and the transference of a person's sin to Him and then His righteousness is transferred to that person.

That's the sacrifice that people must decide on. The choice is that one.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 10:59 PM
link   
dbrandt, are you saying that God does not forgive sins, but that Jesus Christ does? Are you saying that Jesus Christ is more powerful than God? If they are One and the same, why wouldn't both simultaneously forgive sins? The Old Testament (especially in Psalms) frequently states that God is Infinitely kind and merciful. Among those who have taken human form, Jesus Christ is my Spiritual Leader, and I follow His Gospel and take up my Cross each day. But I must say God is the One who ultimately forgives.

I would sacrifice even the occasional great memories of life on earth that I have had to live in Heaven with God.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy
I would and will give you whatever you ask for.
but you should know, I cannot give what I do not have.
so if you give me what I do not have, I will give you what you do not have.

You're ON!

I'm game!

Let's do this thing!

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 12:33 AM
link   
What are the first 3 things that you would not sacrifice, with no exception?
Mine are:

1) Love and Worship of God.
2) Love and Worship of Jesus Christ.
3) Love and Worship of the Holy Spirit.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 02:23 AM
link   
1) Truth
2) Love
3) Compassion

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
1) Truth
2) Love
3) Compassion

queenannie38, do you think that truth is greater than love? Do you think that truth is greater than compassion? I would order your 3 concepts in the order of love, compassion, and then truth. We will never fully know the truth but if we show humility God grants us grace in what He thinks is important for us to know in His purpose for us.

Truth, to me, is an important concept but I believe that it basically only gives you A's in school or even at Harvard University. Love, however, is unbreakable in all meanings, time zones, perceptions, ages, dimensions, relationships, eons, and all of Infinity.

[edit on 28-11-2006 by GreatTech]

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Your god is evil...it is responsible for everything that you hate and brings you grief, the true god does not reside even in your thoughts.
Those earthly gifts should be embraced and used to further the welfare in this life. Satan is the connection to the true god. Satan is my earthly god.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I definitely would not sacrifice intelligence. I highly doubt a loving god would make you sacrifice anything.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 06:46 AM
link   

First of all it would depend on your definition of god (as I'm an atheist and your definition of god is not the same as others). If the god was the normally depicted christian deity then I wouldnt want to go to 'heaven' at all.

G

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   

queenannie38, do you think that truth is greater than love?

Nothing is greater than love, GT. I wasn't putting them in any order, though, except the order in which they came to mind. Perhaps truth came first to mind because of the way your original question was worded.

If I went to 'heaven' (which doesn't exist AWAY from here at all) I would not leave the Earth behind if there were no supply of truth and compassion - because even though love IS the greatest of all things, we do love one another on this planet - something is still not 'right' and without truth and the compassion to deliver and reveal truth there is not much love given FREELY.

Even love seems to come at some price these days and that just ain't the way it should be.

I'm a hippie. I BELIEVE in FREE love. MAKE love NOT war.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
Your god is evil...it is responsible for everything that you hate and brings you grief, the true god does not reside even in your thoughts.
Those earthly gifts should be embraced and used to further the welfare in this life. Satan is the connection to the true god. Satan is my earthly god.

There IS only one God...I don't call Him SATAN or christian God....just FATHER.

Maybe I'm a reincarnation of Aleister Crowlely, who knows? It doesn't matter to me what God turns out to 'be' (the one I know) because all I've ever gotten from God is love and acceptance and understanding (and so I give that to others - I don't care about all the other crap because it is crap.)

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sight2reality
I definitely would not sacrifice intelligence. I highly doubt a loving god would make you sacrifice anything.

I tend to agree.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join