It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you Sacrifice to Live in Heaven?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
Definition of Heaven: Living with God.

Which earthly successes would you sacrifice to live in Heaven? Assume there are 4 major earthly successes: "riches", "intelligence", "looks", and "athletic ability". Which of the 4 would you sacrifice, or none?

I would sacrifice all 4 and any other "earthly successes" to live in Heaven with God.

The only thing one must "give up" is to die to themselves. You can be good looking, rich, famous and have great inteligence and still be Gods chosen. You dojn't have to give up any of them if chosen by God.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Have you died yet, UrealZA?

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
Have you died yet, UrealZA?

Yeah, I have.

If I die before I die then when I die I won't die. This is a riddle.

The act of baptism, water baptism, is symbolic in that it represents our dying to ourselves and be raised anew in Christ.

So, if I die (not a literal death but a death of self) before I die (a natural physical death) then when I do die (that natural death) I won't die (spirtitually for my new life in Christ is eternal).

Rom 6:5-9
5 For if we have become united with Him in the likeness of His death, certainly we shall also be in the likeness of His resurrection,

6 knowing this, that our old self was crucified with Him, in order that our body of sin might be done away with, so that we would no longer be slaves to sin;

7 for he who has died is freed from sin.

8 Now if we have died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him,

9 knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, is never to die again; death no longer is master over Him.
NASU

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   

What would you Sacrifice to Live in Heaven?

Definition of Heaven: Living with God.

i love your definition of "Heaven".

what would i sacrifice to live in Heaven?

i would sacrifice dying in heaven.

in other words:

"i would sacrifice dying in this life while living with god, no matter what people would think about me hearing the voice of god while i lived in heaven, while dying on earth."

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
You haven't got to sacrifice anything.

When you accept Jesus Christ as you Saviour, He will guide you to what is right and all worldly things become non-priorities.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
How does one "live" in Heaven? I thought God gave us life to LIVE it here on earth. If you are in heaven you are dead.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
How does one "live" in Heaven? I thought God gave us life to LIVE it here on earth. If you are in heaven you are dead.

GreatTech's definition of "Heaven" is living with god. This doesn't necessarily involve dying. We are all living with god, because we are living.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I would kill one million babies to live in heaven.

I would rip the nuts off of every fertile Christian to live in heaven.

I would squeeze te last breath from te baby Jesus's lungs if it meant I got to live in heaven.

Peace!

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   
The kingdom of heaven is within.

God lives in Heaven.

God lives within.

What the heck comes 'after life?'

THERE is nothing AFTER life...life does not end.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I would slaughter the first born sons of Egypt if it meant I would go to heaven.

I would rain fire down upon the Earth, killing millions if it meant I got to be by God's side.

I would start a holy war destroying all ofthe heathens.

I would massacre millions of Jews.

I would give small px infected blankets to unsuspecting natives to fulfill our manifest destiny.

If I got to be on Gods side.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
I would kill one million babies to live in heaven.

Then are you willing to save one million babies before be permitted to live in heaven?

I would rip the nuts off of every fertile Christian to live in heaven.

then, would you rip your own off for every Christian to be fertile in heaven, before you enter the kingdom of heaven?

I would squeeze te last breath from te baby Jesus's lungs if it meant I got to live in heaven.

then, would you squeeze the last breath from your own lungs before you are permitted to live in heaven?

I would slaughter the first born sons of Egypt if it meant I would go to heaven.

Then, can the sons of Egypt be permitted to slaughter all your sons before you enter the kingdom of heaven?

I would rain fire down upon the Earth, killing millions if it meant I got to be by God's side.

Then, would you permitt earth to rain fire down upon you killing you millions of times, before you were permitted to be by God's side?

I would start a holy war destroying all ofthe heathens.

Then, would you lead a holy war against all the chosens before you entered the kingdom of heaven?

I would massacre millions of Jews.

Then, can a million Jews massacre you before you are permitted to enter the kingdom of heaven?

I would give small px infected blankets to unsuspecting natives to fulfill our manifest destiny.

Then, would you infect yourself with small pox before you were permitted to enter the kingdom of heaven?

If I got to be on Gods side.

It would seem you have to be on God's side before you get to be by God's side.

[edit on 28-11-2006 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I would also sacrifice all 4 things. But the good thing about God (the Christian God), you sacrifice nothing except trusting in him. He sacrificed all.

I hope that didn't sound like I was preaching. Just the truth about Christianity, if you believe. I do.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   
ET,

Has God suffered all off these things? I hope so, because he's livin high, while a crapload of people are dead.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

There IS only one God...I don't call Him SATAN or christian God....just FATHER.

Maybe I'm a reincarnation of Aleister Crowlely, who knows? It doesn't matter to me what God turns out to 'be' (the one I know) because all I've ever gotten from God is love and acceptance and understanding (and so I give that to others - I don't care about all the other crap because it is crap.)

I never knew anyone as open, free and loving as you annie. I have learned so much from your writings...beautiful.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
ET,

Has God suffered all off these things?

Without you knowing God, how can i answer this question for you?

Perhaps when you are done being afraid, you'll have the tools necessary to believe the answer to your own question. But, for now, you don't know God. For now, you are not with God. So, for now, "NOTHING" has suffered all these things as far as your perspective is concerned. Why? Because to you "NOTHING" is God. I know this now because i know both "NOTHING", and i know god

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
It would seem you have to be on God's side before you get to be by God's side.

That's IT.

In a nut's shell...

everyone wants to be GOOD or else BAD
no one want to just be a FRIEND

BE a friend
to have a FRIEND

SAME applied to GOD.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I'm not insulting your -god-, I just think it's the greatest form of evil personally. That's just my beliefs. I do believe that Satan and Jesus are actually on the same side of the page however. They're both meant to be used as guides, and they balance each other perfectly, creating harmony. However the -god- is actually the greatest force of destructive chaos in the universe!

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
I'm not insulting your -god-, I just think it's the greatest form of evil personally. That's just my beliefs. I do believe that Satan and Jesus are actually on the same side of the page however. They're both meant to be used as guides, and they balance each other perfectly, creating harmony. However the -god- is actually the greatest force of destructive chaos in the universe!

How can Jesus be on the same side of the page as Satan and balance each other perfectly?

How do you define destructive chaos?

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 01:57 AM
link   
The last thing anyone could ever offer me. i would give that up, to be with God. But, would i be prepared to know if it was God who was offering to be with me?

or would i have proven i was too afraid to know God? And if i was too afraid to know God, then how could i be sure that it was the God of heaven who was the last one to offer?

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 06:47 AM
link   

dbrandt, are you saying that God does not forgive sins, but that Jesus Christ does?

I am saying there is nothing a person can do to earn heaven and eternity with God because we cannot pay the price. Only by being found in Christ can forgiveness take place. God paid the price required by His law.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join