It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Travel is NOT possible!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Time travel may be posible in the future , not in the passed, to go in to the passed you must travel minus speed light.
Other dimensions are not connected to time travel in the past, by going close to light speed you may travel in to the future, it;s not really a time machine, you just lose the sence of time and age slower, the only difference is that for you it has past 3 years and for others 100, you don't actuly leave people in the past, they are the same people from your time.
There is no 2 of you or 2 of me, any way it's not like back to the future.
Because your particles are traveling at near the speed light you become as a light wave, you don;t notice it because your not aware when traveling because you are not functioning , everything is like a pause, light does not age.
The only way to time travel is in the future, to the present, there is no other reality exept the present, I guess this is not really time traveling but a way to avoid ageing with out sence, as you can only travel in to the present.

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Perhaps our history has already been riddled with time travelling interventions and this is why Germany lost both world wars, Nuclear war hasn't happend and presidents have been assassinated.

Unlikely a this may seem but perhaps the USA becoming a fascist police state is a time correction for the German Vision percieved in the early 20th century.

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toasty
Time Travel IS possible! Always was, always will be... on any planet ever! There are infinite dimensions of reality. Infinite! Face it!

It is TRUE because I said SO!

Your truth better than the troll's truth... you have my vote

Now lets try this one....

A TV signal leaves Earth today... at the speed of light...

Your spaceship leaves Earth today and travels a 1000 times faster than light...

You catch up with TV that left years ago... so you are now in the past...

Turn around and travel even faster and get back before our first TV signal leaves...

What's that you say? You can't go faster than light? Poppycock!! Who the heck ever filled your head with such silly notions? Don't forget Einstein flunked Grammar School!! Next thing you'll tell me that there is no ani\ti gravity drives either... Sheesh!!

[edit on 29-11-2006 by zorgon]

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 05:22 AM
link   

What's that you say? You can't go faster than light? Poppycock!! Who the heck ever filled your head with such silly notions? Don't forget Einstein flunked Grammar School!! Next thing you'll tell me that there is no ani\ti gravity drives either... Sheesh!!

You can't go faster than light speed, as you travel close to light speed let's say, and some one in the back that is stationary not even moving in space would turn on a flashlight, that light would pass you like you would be standing still, the diffrence from you and the light wave would be the speed of light speed, even if you are traveling close to light speed you could not break away to light speed, if that flashlight would be on in the back of you , it's light would pass you like you would be standing still, in fact this is the basis of time travel, but only in to the future present.

[edit on 29-11-2006 by pepsi78]

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78

You can't go faster than light speed,

Prove it!

Scientific American doesn't agree with you...

What is known about tachyons, theoretical particles that travel faster than light and move backward in time? Is there scientific reason to think they really exist?

"We are beginning an experiment at Berkeley to detect tachyon-like quasiparticles. There are strong scientific reasons to believe that such quasiparticles really exist, because Maxwell's equations, when coupled to inverted atomic media, lead inexorably to tachyon-like solutions.

Source

And we are just beginning to rewrite that book... so never be too sure about anything, mankind is still in kindergarten

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   
All the people calling the original poster a troll are slightly harsh, he created debate and allowed people to express there views on time travel. When I get that type of response for a thread it makes me feel belittled and apathetic. Remember ATS: Altruism, Trust, Sincerity.

We can all time travel to the future as long as we don't do anything too fraught with danger. However, I think that when people say 'Time Travel' they mean jumping to the past of future without realy travelling there. This is an important distinction because it dictates the legitimacy of what I would call 'classical time travel' (as seen in Back To The Future or Bill and Ted's Bogus Adventure).

All the examples suggested for 'forwards time travel' merely involve slowing down time in relation to the rest of the world. This isn't classical time travel; in the same way we wouldn't say chryogenic freezing is classical time travel.

I don't think we can 'backwards time travel', because it would require multiple realities, consequently you wouldn't be time travelling, you would be travelling between dimensions.

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   
As I agree with Techsnow on the subject title but must state that when posting something you must state a claim of proof or a hypothesis that you have come up with so it can be discussed. It would be like me posting The world is flat that’s it just take my word for it.

Now with that aside I believe (take note key word used there) time travel is not possible due to the fact that the Universe is constantly expanding out ward at 20,000 or so MPH (correct me if I’m wrong on the expanding speed ) If you were going to go back in time say 20 years, you would reappear in space in the middle of nowhere because the earth would not be where you were at that time.

Not saying it cant happen just saying would it be worth it? does any one know what I'm saying here ?

I posted on this somewhere else but cant find it.

AlBeMeT

Edit: to add Universe

[edit on 29-11-2006 by AlBeMet]

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Techsnow
Time Travel is NOT possible! Never was, never will be... on any planet ever! There is only one dimension of reality. Only one! Face it!

Not according to Dr. Ronald L. Mallett

www.physics.uconn.edu...
www.amazon.com...

Read the book I promise you will learn somthing.

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by byhiniur
All the people calling the original poster a troll are slightly harsh, he created debate and allowed people to express there views on time travel.

LOL not TOO harsh...

We only call people trolls that make arrogant final statements to open a debate and have nothing to back it up other than "...its true because I say it is"

Time Travel is NOT possible! Never was, never will be... on any planet ever! There is only one dimension of reality. Only one! Face it!

:bash:

[edit on 29-11-2006 by zorgon]

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by pepsi78

You can't go faster than light speed,

Prove it!

Scientific American doesn't agree with you...

What is known about tachyons, theoretical particles that travel faster than light and move backward in time? Is there scientific reason to think they really exist?

"We are beginning an experiment at Berkeley to detect tachyon-like quasiparticles. There are strong scientific reasons to believe that such quasiparticles really exist, because Maxwell's equations, when coupled to inverted atomic media, lead inexorably to tachyon-like solutions.

And we are just beginning to rewrite that book... so never be too sure about anything, mankind is still in kindergarten

Zorg,

Nothing new about tachyons. There existence was proposed long ago as a solution to some of the problems of quantum mechanics, itself almost a century old now.

I believe tachyons may exist. But we must remain aware that the tachyon, like a mirror-image of "normal" particles, cannot exist at speeds less than c. In other words, a tachyon cannot break the lightspeed barrier either, though it approaches this barrier from the opposite direction.

Harte

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   

It may be possible for time travel to exist, even with a single universe, if all the universe states are created simultaneously.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   
im no expert but for me time travel is a simple procedure. however the resources needed are sure more difficult to come by.

first of all time travel doesnt involve limits of c, it is fueled and supported through gravity.

by using einstiens thoeries- time is an optical(using optical loosly) result from a distortion of gravity.

lets suppose we have a device that can manipulate isolated areas of gravity(increase/decrease). lets say we increase the gravity distortion and find if one were inside the distortion the world appears to go slow, where as the the "time" within seemed normal(due to equalibrium). in a practical sense this would allow us to freeze time itself.

lets also suppose that gravity is easy manipulated(once certain technical aspects are addressed, conviently are device does just that) now lets decrease gravity far below normal states , this would result in time outside beginning to speed up, with internal status normal. in a practical sense this would be jumping forward through time.

EDIT: Titor returning to his original timeline seems unlikely, however he states that a 1-2% change would occurr. to me 99% chance of everything being like it was is pretty acceptable.

now goin back through time i cant seem to grapple with

how ever it is suggested if you take steps as if to move forward through time, but reverse the spin of your gravity distortion. one would travel backward. though i cant quite understand that..

but if gravity is a malleable substance, once you get your hand on it im sure there is a solution.

NOTE:the above is theory it is not fact im not trying pass it off as fact. should you dissagre or have any major problems with this theory i apologize

[edit on 30-11-2006 by Glyph_D]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join