It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Formal Apology...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I earlier made a claim today that i was abducted by extra terrestrials

Hello, it didnt happen, i lied
Even if it happened, it didnt happen
Lies all of it.
Please forgive me

My Most humble apologease
Even though it didnt happen

[edit on 23-11-2006 by AlexSlaine]

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Quick question. Why would you go and make something like that up? Are you sure you weren't abducted? It's a lot more common than most people think. And I'm not talking about aliens or little green men either.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
welcome to ignorareland, you troll. Good riddance

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexSlaine
I earlier made a claim today that i was abducted by extra terrestrials

Hello, it didnt happen, i lied
Even if it happened, it didnt happen
Lies all of it.
Please forgive me

My Most humble apologease
Even though it didnt happen

[edit on 23-11-2006 by AlexSlaine]

Well, hopefully you will be banned.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   
The holiday vacations have begun...>sigh<

Lex

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I think thats some merit on him. At least he had the balls to come out to everyone and say he was sorry. I say second chance and if he/she does it again...ban

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   
hey, come on now. at least he was man enough to admit his mistake....more than i can say for alot of people around here.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Wow, what a warm level of tolerance! Someone actually comes forward asking for forgivness and you guys want him banned/ignored?!?

AlexSlaine, i would like to hear the answer to hanebul´s question too!

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Well, even though I dislike when people lie like that a great
deal, I think this inidividual should have a second chance
simply because they apologised.

I am interested though why they chose to outright lie though.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Seriously I know you guys dont have any tolerance for liars but thats to be expected on a board of that caliber, and normally i would say ban instantly. BUT THEY APOLIGIZED. They came out into a huge, very unfriendly at times, community and said they were sorry. No matter what you say the kids got guts.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   
hmm i say ban for ever never allowed on the site again
just kidding of course
i agree comeing forward to appologise and admitting you lied takes alot of guts. i say second chance.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Mistakes were made, the staff has obviously dealt with it. The member has learned from his/her mistake.

Public calls for a members head are just as inappropriate as the false information that has been posted in the first place.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I agree - stop being mean.

Now, I have a question. I've read the original post three times now and I can't seem to find a formal, sincere apology. So my question is - are you really apologizing or did you just put up this post because some one told you it was required to not get banned? I'm sorry, but the original post sounds like a smart alec attempt at something.

...but I could be wrong.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   
It takes some marbles to apologize, thank you, you are now helping as opposed to doing a disservice.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   
OK guys. This NEW member came in and made a mistake, it's not the first time and won't be the last. The Internet is a vast morass of mostly crap. Alex didn't realize that ATS has certain standards, he knows that now and he APOLOGIZED. He was also warned for this. The T&C has been satisfied, the member sees that what he did was wrong, recanted and apologised. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt now.

Let's call off the wolves please. "He without sin cast the first stone." Cool words. I earned red flags early on at ATS too. It can be a learning experience. Let's not run this member off because of ONE mistake.

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I'm with Valhall, if it is an apology, it is pretty lame. While I know it can sometimes be hard to read intent into some posts, it looks to my eyes as a smart alec response.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Actually I think he was abducted.
And from the vibe of his post, I get the impression that the MIBs have pressured him into a false confession of fibdom.

Still we should lighten up just the same; Let he without sin cast the first stone, meebee.

Happy turkey day!

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Please stop filling the forum with this crap. We don't come to ATS for this.

Got it? Good..

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR

Please stop filling the forum with this crap. We don't come to ATS for this.

Got it?

No, I don't "got it"? "Milk"? It was 1 post man. Posted, warned, apologized. What's the freakin problem?

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   
The problem is he/she went on a thread that is teaching people to contact the aliens and told everyone that the aliens had been abducting him/her and taking chunks of his/her flesh every month or so. Then he/she goes elsewhere and admits the entire thing was a lie. The damage was done on the other thread and needed to be addressed there. Not here where it will quickly vanish. I think it is a sneaky thing to do. I could be wrong.

Anyway I've copied and pasted his admission of lying to the original scene of the crime so that folks there can breathe a sigh of relief, or at least know the truth.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join