It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Andrew Collins Found The Hall of Records?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   
oooh I'd just love if it was possible to put money on Cayce being a big fat fraud
bet I wouldn't get very good odds though

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Just because I said I find the idea intriguing does not mean I believe in it. I do have an open mind and am willing to look at unconventional ideas.
After all it was Albert Einstein who said.
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

are you not wondering yet why i really don't care how many times you personally attack me

Im not personally attacking you I just pointed out that you make false and misleading statements and thats a fact.

If anything you are attacking me with your statement.

so why is it that all you A.R.E. types are devious conniving and Insane

Its so obvious from your post you have a hatred and an anger toward cayce. From where it comes I have no idea but you should seek some professional help in dealing with it.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by etshrtslr

SpeakerofTruth,

Im sorry this thread got side tracked, I find the subject facinating.
It makes one wonder how many times throughout history new information has been discovered only to be covered up and hidden from us.

Yeah, unfortuanately,I let it become sidetracked before it was really able to get started. It turned from an interesting subject to a "bash" thread in a hurry. That is unfortnate.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by etshrtslr

Its so obvious from your post you have a hatred and an anger toward cayce. From where it comes I have no idea but you should seek some professional help in dealing with it.

I can't read the posts of the person who you quoted from but I sugest you to do the same. You have a ignore button, just hit it and save your self the time and energji to deal with him.

As for the anger toward cayce I don't think so. Looks like this guy is in a mission. Every time is mentioned the Hall Of Records or something related with it or something else that deals with the ancient past and the possibility of the existance of an ancient advance civilisation, there is going to be always an attempted "debunking" even though most of the time scarse and ridiculous by the person in question.
So don't bother etshrtslr... Keep your ideas and research for your self.
As they say Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who "find" it.

As for the wall that is being build is so silly and ofending to everybody's intelligence the explanation that is to keep the tourist away. Can't they build just a fence with banisters which would be way cheaper then spending all that amount of money to fence in the whole perimeter with a wall? .... Keep tourists away my *** !!!

[edit on 21-11-2006 by Telos]

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk
Clouds are formed when water vapour in the air is cooled and condenses as part of the water cycle.
www.rcn27.dial.pipex.com...
so you don't know anything about meteorology either
who would have guessed

laughing at your excuse for intellect

Oh dear. More infantile s'n-word'ing. You don't even realise that you're being dull-witted, do you? I wish there were some way of enforcing a minimum age limit for posting in these forums. How old are you? Thirteen, at a guess - and I'm being generous.

I'm aware that water condenses into droplets from warm air when it's cooled. I do know how clouds are formed - your attempt at "one-upmanship" reveals only your own shortcomings.

Let's walk you through this one slowly, so you can keep up. First, that quote you so helpfully linked:

Clouds are formed when water vapour in the air is cooled and condenses as part of the water cycle.

Now, you might have noticed that I put the words "in the air" in bold.

This is to emphasise that the water vapour has to get into the air in the first place.

Now, the warmer the air, the more water vapour it can hold. (You might notice that this assertion of mine is confirmed in the sentence you've quoted.) When that air rises and cools, bingo! The water vapour condenses around dust motes into droplets which form clouds. Therefore, the warmer the air, the more water vapour, the more possibility of cloud formation. All you need is to get that warm moist air to cool down, possibly through convection currents, or meeting cooler air currents from elsewhere.

So, my point stands: if the air is cold in the first place, because there's an ice age going on, it cannot hold much water vapour, impeding the formation of clouds. How, then, can there be clouds perpetually shrouding the entire planet?

I'll tell you what, don't even answer that, because you probably still don't understand the question, or just want to come back with some smartass reply which only reveals your own startling ignorance of, well... everything really, from weather systems to how to treat other posters on a board. Why don't you refer me to a link to these "professional archaeo-meteorologists" so they can explain it properly?

That would be nice.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who "find" it.

Thanks for the advise Telos.

I dont like ignoring posters no matter how obnoxious they can get. When Ive had my fill I wont respond to it anymore.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   
And I just want to apologise to the rest of the posters on this thread for feeding the troll. He has one more chance to show me how the planet could be shrouded in clouds for the whole of the ice age, and then he'll become only the second person to go on my ignore list.

Life's too short to waste one's time arguing with idiots. There's just too many of 'em.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by rich23
And I just want to apologise to the rest of the posters on this thread for feeding the troll. He has one more chance to show me how the planet could be shrouded in clouds for the whole of the ice age, and then he'll become only the second person to go on my ignore list.

Life's too short to waste one's time arguing with idiots. There's just too many of 'em.

Rich,there are now two names on my permanent ignore list.. Marduk is indeed one of them... He has ruined this thread...

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Hey, don't give up, and don't let him have his petty little victory. Just be glad you don't have to look at his nonsense any more, and get back to a discussion on more polite and rational terms.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Hey, don't give up, and don't let him have his petty little victory. Just be glad you don't have to look at his nonsense any more, and get back to a discussion on more polite and rational terms.

I didn't post for ages and you called it a victory
thanks
maybe next time you guys should club together and have a go at a crossword or something

you know in this sort of case though most of the people taking part are losers through their own ignorance
thats a shame really
it means you're against the ideals of this website

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   

I didn't post for ages and you called it a victory

Wrong as usual. Read the thread again and figure out what I was referring to.

maybe next time you guys should club together and have a go at a crossword or something

Maybe next time you could learn to read and respond to the fact that you just got pwned in an argument.

you know in this sort of case though most of the people taking part are losers through their own ignorance

Did you but know it, that's a staggeringly accurate assessment of your own condition.

As is this:

thats a shame really
it means you're against the ideals of this website

If you could read, you'd have noticed that I asked for a simple and honest response to my question. You failed: you're now only the second person ever to make me press the "ignore" button. Life's too short to waste it talking to people unable to conduct a rational conversation. Bye-bye.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

I wouldn't doubt it at all. They can't tell me that they have erected this gigantic wall to "control tourists" and make me swallow it. There is continuous excavating that goes on there. Hell...there is no telling what they are dredging up from under those sands.

It would make sense to me that they would erect that wall so that tourists would not be able to take decent photos unless they were within the wall area and more then likely the Egyptian government will be charging for that privledge. Egypt is a poor country and it must be pretty expensive to maintain the area and keep the maintenance going on the pyramids and antiquity. When i was in Cairo their little museum was quite dilapidated.

Pie

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   

as far as I know its to stop Pseudoscientists getting in so that they can claim they climbed the Pyramid at night a la graham hancock

So the Egyptian government could care less about the pollution, tomb raiding, general vandalism on the pyramids and the irrereversible damage it has caused over the years. But they draw the line at Pseudoscientists like Graham Hancock climbing the pyramids at night

Thanks dude you just made my day.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN

It would make sense to me that they would erect that wall so that tourists would not be able to take decent photos unless they were within the wall area and more then likely the Egyptian government will be charging for that privledge.

Pie

Well, I am glad it makes sense to you cause it certainly does not to me.

[edit on 21-11-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 01:18 AM
link   
what is it you don't understand about $40,000,000 extra revenue a year from building a wall ?

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Wow...I've been arounf for years and I only just figured something.

Putting :lol,
or
at the end of your post means your almost certainly an idiot.

Can we please stop with the ridicule Marduk, you're bringing the whole thing into disrepute...which makes me think you are a Troll and that is your intention.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Wow...I've been arounf for years and I only just figured something.

Putting :lol, or at the end of your post means your almost certainly an idiot.

Can we please stop with the ridicule Marduk, you're bringing the whole thing into disrepute...which makes me think you are a Troll and that is your intention.

well done Johnny
you just insulted half the posters on this website
what a dazzling intellectual you are for a 27 year old

and i'm gonna have to take your last post as an unprovoked personal attack
so I just reported you
hope that makes you happy

considering you've been around for years why is it you've only built up the pathetically small score of 141 points so far
i do more than that daily

[edit on 22-11-2006 by Marduk]

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I think I'm more persuaded by Marduk's side on this.

A conspiracy theory has to incorporate at least a modicum of evidence. Otherwise it's not a theory. I mean, without proof, virtually anything can be hypothesized to be true. It seems perfectly logical to me that a wall be built to force tourists to pay entry and both generate revenue and control access to one of the world's most important sites. The practice is done all over the world as routine. Stonehenge was fenced in a few decades ago, and access forbidden. Virtually all heritage in my country (England) is walled, fenced, barriered, prevented-access-to, closed at night, etc. It is normal. Really normal.

As for the other side of the argument. I have seen no evidence put forward at all that there is anything cover-up-ish going on on the Giza site (evidence does not equal people who do not know saying "well there might be"), and no evidence for large chambers under the surface.

Cheers.

[edit on 22-11-2006 by d60944]

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 07:30 AM
link   
What was I thinking? Johnny Murder, this is all your fault! Curse you and your intriguing posts! I took Marduk off ignore just to look... and...

Oh dear... I just can't help feeding the trolls. But some targets are just too tempting.

And Johnny, you're right about the emoticons. Use is inversely proportional to intellect. (With some honourable exceptions.)

well done Johnny
you just insulted half the posters on this website
what a dazzling intellectual you are for a 27 year old

and i'm gonna have to take your last post as an unprovoked personal attack
so I just reported you
hope that makes you happy

I hope you have, because if the mods see your habitual method of posting, you ought to be up for a warn.

considering you've been around for years why is it you've only built up the pathetically small score of 141 points so far
i do more than that daily

Yup. Thanks for contributing to the discussion. [/sarcasm] And you're getting it wrong again.

Nice and slow, for the hard of thinking...

"Considering you've been around for years".

He registered on 23rd August this year. That's months, not years, by my reckoning. Just under three months. Perhaps you should pay more attention to what you post before you hit that button.

"I do more than that daily"

Not according to your stats. Your daily average is just under 16.5. If you want to compare scores and averages - which is, after all, a childish pursuit - you could compare yours with mine.

I apologise once again to the other people on this thread for taking the time out to deny this one childish poster's ignorance. Back on ignore.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 07:47 AM
link   
ooh so when Johnny says

Wow...I've been arounf for years and I only just figured something

you don't say anything
but when I reply

considering you've been around for years

you react like a petulant child and say

He registered on 23rd August this year. That's months, not years, by my reckoning. Just under three months. Perhaps you should pay more attention to what you post b
efore you hit that button.

is this a habit with you being wrong all the time or do you have to try at it

I apologise once again to the other people on this thread for taking the time out to deny this one childish poster's ignorance. Back on ignore.

thats very nice but considering that you have so far added nothing whatsoever to this discussion except personal attacks because you just can't accept the truth and I have provided both links and logical discussion perhaps in future you could stay on ignore permanently
clearly everytime you stick your toe in this pool it gets burned

by the way don't think for a minute any thing you say will stop my method of posting because clearly as I have been posting like this since I first joined this site and so far have not so much as had one warning I guess I must be doing something right
whereas you and trhe rest of your pseudoscientific mob seem to get banned with regular frequency
remember now
Deny Ignorance
consider yourself denied
enjoy your ignore button

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join