It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Andrew Collins Found The Hall of Records?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I had just read the link of the last post and it seems that our SPEAKER OF TRUTH is mentioned in it ---see

A new researcher claims he knows the truth though of course he has kept this secret close to his chest and makes very valid claims about modern wall construction being used as a cover under which crooked egyptologists plunder the secrets of the ancients under cover of darkness He has not yet revealed his true identity but goes under the nomme de plume speeker of truth and hails from the centre of knowledge in the modern world, Texas

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 06:30 AM
link   
can't be the same guy
Wikipedia says he's called "speeker of truth" and
the poster here is called "speaker of truth"

besides which
how do you go about editing wikipedia and getting it approved if its not true

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 07:41 AM
link   
The whole hall of records thing.

If this were true then surely it would have been robbed, looted or taken a thousand moons ago.

I often wonder what kind of excavations have been done at the site of The Library at Alexandria...another famous knowledge cache which actually existed.

I can appreciate the mystery and I would be interested to see the first recorded reference for the Hall of Records but Alexandria is worth investigating in great depth as I am yet to read a conclusive study on the subject

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 07:54 AM
link   
this is the earliest known reference to a hall of records hidden underneath the paw of the sphinx
must be hmmm 73 years old now
must be true then eh

For with the change, Atlantis must rise again. In position, this lies -- as the sun rises from the waters -- as the line of the shadows or light falls between the paws of the Sphinx; that was set later as the sentinel or guard and which may not be entered from the connecting chambers from the Sphinx's right paw until the time has been fulfilled when the changes must be active in this sphere of man's experience. Then the hall lies between the Sphinx and the river.Edgar Cayce [378-16; Oct 29, 1933]

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 08:01 AM
link   

twice convicted criminal

Ive seen you mention this a few times in regards to Cayce and I have not been able to find any info on it. Can you please provide a link or two?

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 08:13 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Edgar, Gertrude, and their secretary Gladys are arrested in New York on charges of fortune-telling, and are put in jail, but the charges are dismissed.

At age 58, Edgar, Gertrude, Hugh Lynn, and Gladys are arrested in Detroit for practicing medicine without a license. Of the group, only Edgar is convicted, and he is released on probation.

I only see one conviction that resulted in probation.

Your repeated reference to a twice convivted fellon hardly seems factual. If you so willingly play fast and loose with facts it should make one wonder how accurate your other information is.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Has Andrew Collins Found the Entrance to the Hall of Records at Giza?

I'm betting not. I have a friend who got (briefly) into this stuff, and it's ... pretty bad.

British science writer Andrew Collins has authored several of the most intriguing books ever published on ancient mysteries. His best-selling 1997 book, From the Ashes of Angels, traced the beginning of civilization to an area near Lake Van in Turkey where a mysterious group of people called the Nephilim appear to have lived around the end of the last Ice Age.

You probably haven't read this, but he took an archaeological discovery and, with very little research (actually, he started out to find a "nephilim" people), suddenly declared them the "Nephilim." He could have called them "Whassadoodlits" with equal justification -- because there's no record of what they really were called.

Collins came to understand that all of the temples at Gobekli Tepe were oriented to the North. This finding led him to evaluate important archaeological sites in the Americas, India, China, Europe, and Egypt.

The book is just unbelievably lame. His "important archaeological sites" are "any that were oriented north" and "any that you can't decide a true orientation on. Everything else (menheirs, sunstones, ancient observatories) weren't "important archaeological sites.

He concluded that the earliest religions of the world venerated the constellation of Cygnus, which is located at the Great Rift in the Milky Way.

Actually, this was the point that got my friend away from the "ooo! it's true" track to the "this is drivel!" side of the fence. She lives close to Mexico and has gone to some of the sites. Apparently the stuff he writes really doesn't match up with what you see.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 09:01 AM
link   
oh yes thats right sorry I got that wrong
he was arrested for fortune telling as well but he skipped town and the charges were dropped because he couldn't be bought to trial
clearly you are a big fan of Cayces though
the way you asked that question reeked of your love for him
so why is it that all you A.R.E. types are devious conniving and Insane
could you answer that one for me its been bothering me for a while

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk
oh yes thats right sorry I got that wrong
he was arrested for fortune telling as well but he skipped town and the charges were dropped because he couldn't be bought to trial
clearly you are a big fan of Cayces though
the way you asked that question reeked of your love for him
so why is it that all you A.R.E. types are devious conniving and Insane
could you answer that one for me its been bothering me for a while

The only thing I wanted to do was get the facts right. Posting false information about someone you dont like adds nothing to the content of this thread.

I have no opinion of Cayce one way or the other, and Im not a member of A.R.E. The only thing I know about him is what Ive seen on the history channel.

You on the other hand seem to have a some anger issues toward Cayce and members of A.R.E. Its one thing not to agree with the group but to harbor the intense hatred I sense in your reply is not a good thing.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I came to this thread looking for a sensible discussion of the issues. What do I find? I find a smug, rude, poster with no social skills who thinks he can "debunk" ideas by simply throwing the word "pseudoscience" around, along with personal insults.

Marduk, if you're looking to convince people with open minds, you'll have to do a lot better than that. And, from your general attitude and tone, it looks to me very much like you edited Wikipedia just to have a pop at SpeakerOfTruth.

Grow up, eh?

Oh, one more thing. How do you know there was permanent cloud cover during the Ice Age? Were you there? On what do you base this self-satisfied assertion?

[edit on 21-11-2006 by rich23]

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I came to this thread looking for a sensible discussion of the issues

you came to a thread entitled "Has Andrew Collins Found The Hall of Records" looking for a sensible discussion of the issues
well there goes any credibility you ever had

Oh, one more thing. How do you know there was permanent cloud cover during the Ice Age? Were you there? On what do you base this self-satisfied assertion?

its based on the evidence provided by professional acrhaeo meteorologists
so I guess that makes them self satisfied too doesn't it

[edit on 21-11-2006 by Marduk]

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by airtrax007
I had just read the link of the last post and it seems that our SPEAKER OF TRUTH is mentioned in it ---see

A new researcher claims he knows the truth though of course he has kept this secret close to his chest and makes very valid claims about modern wall construction being used as a cover under which crooked egyptologists plunder the secrets of the ancients under cover of darkness He has not yet revealed his true identity but goes under the nomme de plume speeker of truth and hails from the centre of knowledge in the modern world, Texas

Airtrax,it's not me...

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk
you came to a thread entitled "Has Andrew Collins Found The Hall of Records" looking for a sensible discussion of the issues
well there goes any credibility you ever had

There are plenty of subjects in this world of which I'm happy to confess my ignorance. This is one of them. And I genuinely could not care whether you find me credible or not. My point stands. I came looking for mature discussion, not infantile sniping. Like I said, grow up.

its based on the evidence provided by professional acrhaeo meteorologists
so I guess that makes them self satisfied too doesn't it

First, you don't cite any sources, so I have only your word for this. And one source you cited previously (the Wiki article), you very likely altered to score a childish point against another poster who, simply put, is not as closed-minded and smug as yourself. You've already been corrected for factual inaccuracies regarding Edgar Cayce's convictions, so I don't feel I can trust your judgment or ability to report.

Secondly, it's not logical to infer that just because I think your assertion is self-satisfied, the professional archaeo-metrologists necessarily will be too. I doubt very much that they would have said that the entire earth was cloud-covered every day for several thousand years, and I would really like to see you extend the simple courtesy of backing up your assertions with links like most of the mature posters on this board. It is an established fact that warm air holds more moisture than cold: in an ice age, I would expect there to be fewer clouds rather than more. You say that the situation was the reverse but offer neither an explanation why this should be the case nor a link to a source which can confirm this. Can we have less hot air and more usable information, please?

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by rich23
I came to this thread looking for a sensible discussion of the issues. What do I find? I find a smug, rude, poster with no social skills who thinks he can "debunk" ideas by simply throwing the word "pseudoscience" around, along with personal insults.

Marduk, if you're looking to convince people with open minds, you'll have to do a lot better than that. And, from your general attitude and tone, it looks to me very much like you edited Wikipedia just to have a pop at SpeakerOfTruth.

Grow up, eh?

[edit on 21-11-2006 by rich23]

Rich,this is the modus operandi of most "debunkers." They claim to debunk but all they try to do is rationalize the behavior of those, the statue quo, they support. Why build a twenty foot wall around an escavation site if there is nothing to hide? "Crowd control?"
Pffft!! Okay.

Like I told Marduk

All you have tried to do is made vain rationalization for irrational behavior of those that you seem to think are being honest. You still have not proven that they are not concealing things...

That is not "debunking" anything... Thanks for your defense,Rich..

[edit on 21-11-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I would expect there to be fewer clouds rather than more. You say that the situation was the reverse but offer neither an explanation why this should be the case nor a link to a source which can confirm this. Can we have less hot air and more usable information, please?

The poster in question has a history of posting inaccurate, false or misleading information.

SpeakerofTruth,

Im sorry this thread got side tracked, I find the subject facinating.
It makes one wonder how many times throughout history new information has been discovered only to be covered up and hidden from us.

Edit: Rich23, after reading my post I can see where you might think I was talking about you, I was not and I think you know who it is.

[edit on 21-11-2006 by etshrtslr]

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   

The poster in question has a history of posting inaccurate, false or misleading information.

oh really
perhaps you'd like to prove that
or perhaps you'd just like to admit to everyone here right now that you believe that theres a hall of records under the sphinx in egypt because a man said so when he was asleep
because thats exactly what you're saying
I posted 4 links to the most credible information in the world on this subject
clearly you either didn't read them or are pretending you didn't see them
and you think thats a good way to conduct research
why not just rely on your own innate sense of whats right and wrong in future
but if you ever end up in court with me for anything i want a seperate lawyer

It is an established fact that warm air holds more moisture than cold: in an ice age, I would expect there to be fewer clouds rather than more.

Clouds are formed when water vapour in the air is cooled and condenses as part of the water cycle.
www.rcn27.dial.pipex.com...
so you don't know anything about meteorology either
who would have guessed

laughing at your excuse for intellect

[edit on 21-11-2006 by Marduk]

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   

perhaps you'd like to prove that

I think Ive already proved you made both false a misleading statements regarding Cayce.

or perhaps you'd just like to admit to everyone here right now that you believe that theres a hall of records under the sphinx in egypt because a man said so when he was asleep

I dont know how you can extrapolate from my statement about your false and inaccurate post to saying I believe in the hall of records. Thats some really convoluted logic.

Just for the record I thinks its an intriguing possibility ortherwise I would have not read this thread.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   
you think its an intriguing possibility because a man said so once while he was asleep
life must be a laugh a minute in your household eh

you don't think its not credible because every person qualified to give an opinion has said its crap
do you still believe in santa claus
how about the tooth Fairy

and it doesnt matter which way you want to misinterpret the facts
Cayce was a Crook
thats a knonw fact
so you're not only relying on the word of a man who was asleep you are relyng on the word of a man who was asleep and who was convicted of a crime

this I suppose is what you call research
are you not wondering yet why i really don't care how many times you personally attack me
every time you open your mouth you're winning me a fan club

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Poor Edgar, he takes some stick doesn't he

A man who claims to have cosmic awareness, prophetic powers, faith healing & astral projection...Mmm...kinda reminds you of a guy who is supposed to have lived around 2006 years ago who is currenty worshipped by somewhere in the region of 3 billion people.

Did he really posess this power?

Well...the odds are against it...but then again the odds are against Jesus being the Son of a Spirit in the Sky but you try telling that to the bible thumping hordes.

Transport Edgar back a couple of thousand years, give him a false beard, a donkey and the promotional power of a spin doctor like St Paul and who knows, the world might be a different place.

As Marduk said, he does has convictions...but does the fact you have committed a crime mean you can't have been bestowed with some spirtual gift?

I leave that to the majority to decide...all I'll say is..nobody on here knows for sure...they can only edge their bets

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join