It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sigma Chi and College Fraternities - Simple and Quick Question

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Their Ritual is stored, per the mccarthy act, in the library of congress. Surely someone on this board lives near or around the LoC and can look this information up. This is a library containing research and reference materials to all who seek it. Therefore, it is public information, therefore, let's see some meaty Ritual content.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 12:56 AM
link   
i'm in that area quite frequently, however i really have a whole lot better things to do then go look up college frat rituals for someone on a conspiricy web site. sorry man you'll find no help here.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by constantyne
Their Ritual is stored, per the mccarthy act, in the library of congress. Surely someone on this board lives near or around the LoC and can look this information up. This is a library containing research and reference materials to all who seek it. Therefore, it is public information, therefore, let's see some meaty Ritual content.

Actually Constantyne, that's a myth. One that is well debunked here:

sweb.uky.edu...

Also, while I'm certainly no moderator, I can tell you that discussion of secret fraternity rituals will be killed immediately on this forum...as that's not the purpose of ATS. It's a conspiracy forum.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   
To be clear, you can discuss whatever you want, so long as its in a conspiracy context.

So starting a thread about a spaghetti dinner at the lodge on a thursday night would be off topic banter here. BUT if we were saying that things discussed at that meeting indicated a conspiracy, then its all good. And, of course, people can discuss 'mundane' esoterica related to secret societies here when its in response to conspiracy centered threads.

BTW, Appak, good research there.

[edit on 21-11-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   
There is some guy who calls himself anti-sigma chi that posted what he claimed to be sigma chi's ritual. I would not remember the exact link. I could not tell you how accurate he was.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Constantyne,
If you'd like to read rituals, you are better off doing a google search to find these collectors. Good luck!

WildSwan

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 12:02 AM
link   
While I feel fairly confident that you could find them online if you looked hard enough. If you give me a REALLY good reason why you need a description of the Sigma Chi fraternity rituals (simply because I was not a fan of them in College,) I might be willing to take my library card, yes even the Library of Congress requires a card (although I doubt your local Library requires 2 forms of ID and your SSN,) I might be willing to go there and look it up on one of my days off out of curiosity. If you don't feel comfortable posting why you want it, U2U me. But, if I agree to do it, and it is actually in the Library (which I am not so sure is true
if it contains ANY semblance of Masonic ritual that know you wasted your time.

Given Collegiate fraternities stole such a large percentage of their ritual work from Masonry, I would be willing to post a form of the ritual that does not relate to Masonry, and also does not legally violate the enforceable laws that Greek organizations have. Why on earth a Greek org. deserves legal protection is beyond me.

The exact ritual, I can promise you, I will not post, simply because I am sure it contains Masonic references and undertones. If it is even at the Library.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
As someone else said the whole library of congress- ritual book rumor is just an urban legend. Even if McCarthy or someone else in the government put the screws to fraternities and forced them to handover a ritual book, the fraternities could just hand over a phony ritual book with phony rituals. Also, if the government really wanted to compile information on or infiltrate fraternities, they would not need to put ritual books in the library of congress, but could compile the information elsewhere and could obtain the information by other means like bugging fraternity houses or getting members to act as informants.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Being a Sig, I can tell you that our Ritual is secret. We all to an oath to keep it that way so you will not find it in any library or on the internet. My chapter is only authorized 3 copies, and if we need a replacement we have to give one of the old ones back first. Even if you did see the Ritual you would not understand it, if you read it you would not understand it either because it is written in a way with symbols in places instead of words and you dont know what the symbols mean, only Sigma Chis do. It is kept secret because we honor it and it means something to us. And it means something to us because we become apart of it, and you cannot be apart of it without being a Sig. Even our badge has meaning and you will not know what it means without the Ritual. Its never been in the LOC that is a hoax.

To all of my Brothers, thank you for keeping our secret secret.

In Hoc

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I'll never understand how secret societies think they are actually secret. With the amount of people who are sworn in, someone is out their blabbing : guaranteed. It's whether or not the information circulates well enough that matters, and circulation of deep secrets can be stopped in their tracks.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sigiam

I believe the stars have aligned. I actually agree with NWO ^. The ritual is out there somewhere - and frankly, no one really cares about it. Just like all of the ritual is out in masonry. I find your post particularly amusing because masonry also had all of its ritual in coded using a secret format only at one point in time..and it was closely guarded - and it got out too. So long as the organization is of any significant size, there are no secrets.

But again - frankly, people couldn't care less. Its just a frat. Now, if only people would learn the same thing about masonry - *sigh*.

[edit on 22-12-2007 by LightinDarkness]

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
THe whole point of having an initiation period and a pledgship is to make sure that the pledges or canidates are worthy and that they have the right mind-set for the fraternity and we do not initiate members who are not willing to keep our ritual secret. And even if someone did find the ritual and was able to read it it would mean nothing to them because most of it is the expirence!

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
It's been hinted at, and is correct, that you're really not going to be that interested five minutes after you get your hands on it.

A lot of things said here already are true. While there may be myths about how comprehensive the library of congress is, many fraternity ritual books are in it, and I doubt it was even a matter of "putting the screws" on. It is also true that wors, phrases, and sentences are ommitted from many of them in certain places.

But Lingthindarkness and sigiam are right about one thing: you wouldn't find it "meaty" at all. It just isn't interesting to non-members. Believe me, I am a member of one, and the chances I've had to see rituals of the others weren't very entertaining or enlightening.

One question I do have is this, however: if most of us have acknowledged that "no one cares" and it's generally unimportant for anyone to see the ritual, why is there still an impetus on some people's parts to unveil this ritual? It seems like what's being said is "There's nothing sinister about, it's not interesting, but maybe we should go after it anyway." Guys, I don't think it'd be very courteous to post Sigma Chi's ritual, and given that it would serve no real purpose other than idle curiousity (of the most idle sort, as we've established), you're at the point where I don't think you can claim to be doing this for any noble purpose.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by thisshouldbegreat

I was a member of a fraternity. My fraternity's ritual was really nothing special. If you want to read something mind blowing, there are some good books on science, philosophy, and the arts that will give you a knew perspective on life and impart valuable information.

Fraternity rituals are largely kept secret because certain aspects of the rituals, like passwords and secret handshakes, serve as modes of recognition. If everybody knew a fraternity's modes of recognition, it would be easy to pass oneself off as a member of the fraternity. Fraternity rituals are also kept secret as an excercise in secrecy for secrecy's own sake. Other than this, there is no reason to keep a fraternity's ritual secret.

Fraternity's, including the one I joined, do make a big stink about how wonderful their rituals are. If a fraternity claims its ritual is wonderful, others will want to know about it. Fraternities should not complain that other people's curiosity is violating their rights to secrecy and privacy, because the fraternities themselves created curiosity in others by boasting of their rituals' and while at the same time seemingly taunting the outside world about how they will never have access to the supposedly wonderful ritual.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
If there are any fraternities out there doing anything out there that even vaguely resembles "taunting" the outside world with their ritual, than they are far out of the mainstream.

The only instance in which ritual is "dangled" in front of anyone is as a reward during the new member process and/or continued development within the fraternity, and the people who are being motivated by this ritual are members/pledges (depending on your system, as pledge model is declining) who are already on track to be put through this ritual.

The only place I could see you getting the "taunting" from are the recruiting seminars, etc. that point out that the only difference between fraternities and many groups on campus now is the ritual, and that this should be used in recruitment. However, what they mean by this is that you must be clear that your fraternity has a higher purpose than, say, the Club Discgolf Team or Drama Club, that being your core values/creeds. They aren't saying that you recruit by telling people you have super awesome/scary/dangerous mind blowing rituals that they must join to go through; they are saying that you make it clear that your fraternity attempts to instill higher morals, values, and purpose, a process of which the actual rituals are merely a part.

While I'm sure somewhere there is someone "taunting" outsiders with rituals, as you have suggested, they are the exception to the rule and going against the intent of their national organization. Just look at the posts above these; you have fraternity members testifying that their ritual wouldn't be meaningful to people not involved in the organization, and would be uninteresting if just posted up here.

Also, I'm not claiming that anyone has a "right" to secrecy. I'm just saying that I don't think there's anything to be gained by posting Sigma Chi's rituals here, and while anyone who wishes to has the right to do so, it would be a discourtesy for the sake of discourtesy. If the original poster is truly still interested and someone really wants to drop it on him, than perhaps a private message would be better.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
FYI- The McCarthy Act only requires things in print and things PUBLISHED to be in the LoC. Do you really thing Sigma Chi uses a third party to print our Ritual books? Uh, no? LOL Grow up kiddos

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Amongst the positions I held at my Fraternity (not Sigma Chi), was Ritual Chair. Ours is full of allegory, esoteric references and fabricated history. Certainly its got a masonic feel too it, being written by Masons. But still very different.

But really, the interesting/fun/secret rituals are specific to each individual chapter and their own special ceremonies that are not part of the official rituals. And those 'ceremonies' are far more animal house than Masonry, and they're certainly not written down anywhere. And really when it comes to Fraternities its these ceremonies, and not the official rituals, that matter. 95% of Fraternity Members really don't care much about the esoteric Rituals whilst their in college, or later in life for that matter either.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Grover Cleveland former President of the United States, and my Sigma Chi Brother, REMOVED the Sigma Chi Ritual from any record in the Government.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
As a Sig and Alumni of the Epsilon Chapter (George Washington University) of Sigma Chi, I can assure you that several government officials officially prevented the Sigma Chi Ritual book from being stored in the Library of Congress. Senator McCarthy was taken through the ritual book to assure him that no un-american content was present in the secret rituals.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
frats = paying for friends in college
also its like cheating in life by using money, a step in the direction that is totally wrong with this place

"pay these fee's and meet awesome friends and make connections for life"

so pay money to cheat your way through life

no thanks i dont need brothers to make me feel special

frats =

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join