It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sigma Chi and College Fraternities - Simple and Quick Question

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Actually due to the amount of congressmen that were Sigma Chis at the time, we were never required to submit our ritual book. They swore on the bible that Sigma Chi was not a communist organization; therefore were omitted from the act.

IN HOC

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sigiam

well said brother. Just to inform all, our ritual was once in the LoC for all of about six months back in the late 19th century until a Sig who was a senator at the time stole it back. since then my brothers and i are the only ones with that sacred knowledge. btw, i've read all the stuff supposing to be our ritual-- it's hilariously false.
IN HOC!

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Ok, being an Alumni of a fraternity myself (NOT Sigma Chi), I felt as though I should chime in on this with my opinion.

When all of you (and by that I mean ME too) that are in fraternities and graduate college, do you really give a crap about a stupid ritual that you were told just so you could be in that frat in the first place?

Dont get me wrong here, I am an Alumni and I will always be proud of being in my frat. I made some freinds that I will know for life and I would actually even trust them with my life. But once you are out of the college life and partying mentality, do you really care if a "ritual" is out in the open? I sure hope not. I would think you would be grown up enough to realize that it doesn't even matter in the real world.

Hell... I bet half the people in the fraternities can't even remember what the hell it even was, let alone care anymore!

Maybe it was just "our" frat, but we cared more about the people and having fun, than some crazy ass ritual that was started a hundred years ago that none of us could understand. We only went through it because it meant that we would be in the frat.

So, to be honest, I hope it is in the LOC! It's no secret that anyone cares about!

Bring on the haters!!!

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
you guys are lame and stupid for wanting a ritual you would never understand it anyways. ad its not paying for friends being in a fraternity. that like saying you are paying for sex for taking a girl out on a date and paying for everything. i guess you cant be a member of any organization9d50dc7b that you have to pay for with out paying for freinds is your philosophy.

in hoc...

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
"When I sold out to Christ I renounced Sigma Chi. A lot of memories to the Initiation came back and I was shown they are satanic. You know what I'm talking about."

Yes. I do. However, whether or not they are "Satanic" is disputable. But the same can be said about the Bohemian Grove's "Cremation of Care" ceremony. For the record, I am not a Christian. But I know what you are talking about it and it is some "spooky" stuff.

"I am a Sig, and I was wondering how the requirement to believe in a higher power could be seen as satanic."

I am sure one could postulate that Satan is a higher power -- but you digress and you mislead with that statement. I wonder how you feel about the Initiation Ritual -- and if your chapter actually took it seriously enough to "give you the real thing." I can assure you that mine did.

"First, when a fraternity is described as "Masonic" it has nothing to do with Freemasonry. It simply means that the fraternity's ritual follows the same pattern and format as the Masonic ritual."

Your second sentence contradicts the first. It's kind of like saying that college football has nothing to do with high school football.

I don't know about the ritual being the 2nd closest guarded secret in America, but I do know that seeking out the ritual is a red herring. There is nothing really controversial there -- but the Initiation Ritual is controversial. And I know exactly why that is kept secret.

All I will disclose (and most of my Sigma Chi brothers have not a clue about this) is that it might just be the exact same reason why the Freemasons are desperately trying to conceal that Albert Pike was not just a high level KKK member, he might have founded it.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sigiam

Agreed. I am also a Sig, and after going thru pledgeship and Initiation, I can vouch for all my brothers when I say we would take a bullet before we let anyone outside of the fraternity have any idea of what we have in our brotherhood. This is not to say that we are better than anyone outside of the fraternity, we just feel we are different because of the common bonds we share with such a small portion of the population.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join