It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sometimes I feel as if there is no hope...for me or anyone.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Look we can sit here and talk about all this NWo stuff,alien stuff,cover-up stuff, or we can do something about it. But sometimes I feel like no matter what there is nothing we can do, I mean this stuff has been going on for ages. Lets say IF the aliens are really behind all of this NWO stuff....do we even really have a chance?
Sometimes I just feel like no matter what we do no matter how many people we try to convince or even convince there will never be nothing we can do to stop "them". Even if we tried it would be to crazy cause everyone has their own theories and stuff. We dont even know the whole story and we prob never will.

Anyone else feel the same?

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   
hmmmm. I guess not. Isnt that suprising. Not really though. Oh well I give up on this.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I will answer you because you seem a little defeated....

Originally posted by Everythingyouknowisalie
Look we can sit here and talk about all this NWo stuff,alien stuff,cover-up stuff, or we can do something about it. But sometimes I feel like no matter what there is nothing we can do, I mean this stuff has been going on for ages.

This is one of those posts where someone demands something be done but doesn't lead. There are no suggestions in your post as to any ideas or are you calling out for a leader to lead you?

Lets say IF the aliens are really behind all of this NWO stuff....do we even really have a chance?

Please explain why you think this matters.

Sometimes I just feel like no matter what we do no matter how many people we try to convince or even convince there will never be nothing we can do to stop "them". Even if we tried it would be to crazy cause everyone has their own theories and stuff.

Do you think you may be focussing your energies in the wrong direction?

We dont even know the whole story and we prob never will.

So what are you going to do?

Anyone else feel the same?

I used to, then I realised what's really important.

My advice to you would be to stop worrying. I don't believe it is our job to make the world a better place, the world is the way it is for a reason. Your efforts should be concentrated solely on you and the good you can bring to your life, your friends and family and everything and everyone you interact with. That would be the best way to change the world, lead by example, have empathy and compassion for others, be kind and helpful to all, whether you like them or not, whether you know them or not. Know in your heart that this is the only truth and be true to it. Everything else falls into place.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Ah c'mon... that was too quick.

Empowerment is the answer. Education is the key. And talk is... cheap?

But yes, I too share your feelings of hopelessness. Globalization is upon us and the Corporatists set themselves up long before most NIMBY's knew what hit them.

Clouding the issues with aliens and such is a mostly harmless distraction FROM WHAT'S GOING ON DOWN HERE ON EARTH.

Now if that spaceship lands in my backyard...

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Good way to deconstruct an argument, Prote.

Originally posted by Prote

My advice to you would be to stop worrying. I don't believe it is our job to make the world a better place, the world is the way it is for a reason. Your efforts should be concentrated solely on you and the good you can bring to your life, your friends and family and everything and everyone you interact with. That would be the best way to change the world, lead by example, have empathy and compassion for others, be kind and helpful to all, whether you like them or not, whether you know them or not. Know in your heart that this is the only truth and be true to it. Everything else falls into place.

Pardon me, but what I bolded in your statement was starting to sound very NIMBY to me.

But goes on with some very noble sentiments:

the best way to change the world,
- lead by example,
- have empathy and compassion for others,
- be kind and helpful to all, whether you like them or not, whether you know them or not.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   
The powers of this world, including the so-called aliens, are not the ultimate power. The truth is beyond the aliens and any others involved with them. Just be ready for the unexpected.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Are you familiar with The Serenity Prayer?

Some things are worth believing in, whether they're true or not.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Give up now! The NWO is coming whether you want it or not! The Aliens are the true masters of our galaxy and shall forever enslave the human race. And thank god for that. There is no hope for any of you. Remember Heaven's Gate? They all knew about it, that's why they left the planet on a comet.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
There is no hope for any of you.

hmmmm ... was that a freudian slip or what??? Don't you mean 'there is no hope for any of US'?? Hmmmm? Are you one of THEM and not one of US??

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Your escape as well as ours is in Jesus. He will be coming again to stop this mess. Your concern is...do you belong to Him? He says those who are with him will escape this evil age. Jesus is coming again to stop this evil driven world. Those who are not the Lord's are driven by Satan. We all have a free will to choose good or evil. We can only ultimately choose good with God's Good Spirit inside us-the Holy Spirit which won't come to you unless you are saved through Christ. God gives us His good nature-a strong desire to want and to do good.

God says He has His children-those who choose Jesus and Satan has his. God's lost children who have not chosen Christ or don't know of His saving grace or have refused it.

Don't worry about being in control, that's not your job, that's God's job to deal with this world and everyone of His children-good and bad. He wants to know are you on His side or Satans? Jesus is our only safety net and escape from this EVIL age.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Lets just face it, there is nothing we can do, so screw it I mean they have been working on this for years so we are screwed. Even though I'm fed up with it it takes more then one person to do anything about it and no one is ya there is some but other then that no one cares anymore.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 07:46 PM
link   
So what? Empires come and go. Rinse & repeat, nothing's gonna change that.

Read & reread what Prote said as there's some of the best advice you'll find anywhere. Just focus on improving yourself and have compassion towards others - humans, animals, planet. Strive to leave this place better than you found it. Find comfort & joy in good company, good music, constructive endeavors. Educate yourself on history, cultures and the natural world. Minimise your impact & maximise your effect. If you live by this, you've already beaten the so-called NWO. I assume you live in the USA or the 'West', in which case you've got more opportunity than 99.999% of every other human that's ever lived. Don't squander it with apathy & myopia - it's a trap!

new topics

top topics

join