It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why must there be 144,000 deployed?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Us who have read the New Testament, or at least John's Revelation, know that it states in a verse that 144,000 Jews will be 'taken up' or saved or something to that interpretation, an equal amount from each of the 12 Tribes of Israel during the End of Times. Infact, it does not give the number 144,000 outright, but when you do the math with the numbers provided, which is simple addition, you will come to the total 144,000 even.

Now why, may I ask, must my country, the USA, insist on having exactly 144,000 total armed service personnel deployed in Iraq, despite the obvious need for more troops, or in the other case a redeployment of the existing troops, ie: a withdrawl.

We've had 144,000 troops in Iraq consistently since shortly after Baghdad fell. If you look at the top right story on this media website, you will see a short article regarding 57,000 US troops being prepared for deployment in 2007 to replace part of the 144,000 strong force there. Note that they are planning months ahead of time to keep the number at precisely 144,000, as it has been for some time now, despite the President and high ranking Generals explicitly stating that if more troops become needed, they will be sent to bolster or increase the force present there. Yet, they keep the force at an exact number of 144,000 .. which has obvious biblical and APOCALYPTIC implications, and I think its more than a mere coincidence.
Debka File Media Organization

Either someone high up near the President or the President himself has purposefully done this while keeping in mind their own interpreation of the passages of Revelation speaking of the 144,000, OR .. this was what some would call 'coincidental' but is actually divinely guided and with some divine purpose.

Don't you find it the least bit strange that they insist on keeping 144,000 personnel there? Think about it.. and think about the 'myths' lending themselves to a 2012 date for some kind of huge event on our planet, possibly the end. I wonder if these 144,000 troops are the symbolic 144,000 Jews evenly divided from each of the 12 tribes to form this total. I'm not a bible literalist, im a bible symbolist, and this is obvious symbolism to me. I think there is something going on here..

..I smell a small evangelic conspiracy at the very least.

What do you smell?

[edit on 11/17/2006 by runetang]

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Could you please post a link showing that we always have that many troops in Iraq? Thanks!

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
The 144,000 could mean anything... it could be a metaphor for all of "God's people." Or it could be 144,000 specific descendants of Jacob. The "Witnesses" claim that 144,000 will go to heaven while the rest of us will stay here on Earth.

[edit on 17-11-2006 by firebat]

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by firebat
The 144,000 could mean anything... it could be a metaphor for all of "God's people." Or it could be 144,000 specific descendants of Jacob. The "Witnesses" claim that 144,000 will go to heaven while the rest of us will stay here on Earth.

[edit on 17-11-2006 by firebat]

From what I have understood,I am not certain,someone here is bound to be affiliated with Jehovah's Witnesses,is that JWs believe that only 144,000 will actually be permitted into heaven. I don't know how true that is,but that is what I have gathered.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   
There is a lot of controversy as to what the 144K means and always has been that way. I would not be surprised that the number be bandied about to get tacit support from Christians for the war in Iraq. But practically speaking I doubt that this number can be maintained due to logistical reasons.

It's funny that Christians support a people that turned their back on their main man so many years ago.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   
?? Wha ???

there's 2 references to a group of 144,000 in Revelations...

one is Chapter 7 where the tribes;
Juda, Reuben, Gad, Aser, Nepthalum, Manasses, Simeon, Levi, Issachar, Zabulon, Joseph, Benjamin...
from which are selected 12,000 individuals from each 'tribe'
((note that 11 other 'tribes' are not Jews))

one other is Chapter 14 where a group of 144,000:
this group is 'redeemed' from the era of great tribulation, as the 'firtst fruits' !
these 144,000 peoples have not been defiled with women, & no guile ever passed their lips, and in scripture they were found faultless !

these can mean two (2) different groups of souls, both being 144,000 in population

but neither group would, imho, get the nod of being chosen & redeemed following the thinking & lifestyle of soldiers, in this modern age!

heck, going thru bootcamp disqualified most with the 'no guile' qualification
then, getting a 3 day pass disqualified many more on the no women issue
a good portion of the US troops are activated reserves & guardsmen who were called up, for active duty, which is not a desired or voluntary condition...
which in a manner of speaking excludes them from being in a select group of 144,000

on-the-other-hand, there are probably 144,000 contractor individuals over there providing security, or engineering, or rear eschelon supply, oil pipeline fixing, KBR or Halibuton contractors...who are not in the Army or AF or Marines or Sp Forces
--> They have as much a chance of being the scriptual 144,000 as much as the US military , both in Iraq & Afghanistan

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Doesnt bush say that God has told him to do this?

I am a believer, but I dont follow prophecies until they have actually been fulfilled because I believe that is the only time mortals can know the true meaning of a prophecy.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
From what I have understood,I am not certain,someone here is bound to be affiliated with Jehovah's Witnesses,is that JWs believe that only 144,000 will actually be permitted into heaven. I don't know how true that is,but that is what I have gathered.

Pretty much. 144K are from the first Jews that accepted Christ, then .... then the gentiles. "Keys of the Kingdom" thing. The rest live on the Earth under this heavenly arrangement. Sorry I can't be more clear, it's been a couple of decades since I was in the Witnesses.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   
The '1000' is not an amount - it is representative of what is often translated in the bible as 'head' or 'captain' and also 'angel' and even 'aeon.' It is 'eleph' in the Hebrew - which is the same as the first letter 'aleph'; it eventually became used as both the symbol for 'head/creator/king' (the earliest forms were a literal pictogram of an ox-head) as well as the number 1000. (this meaning of 1000 is not one within the gematria system but rather just general Hebrew). Later on, writing in the Koine Greek - even though the language was Greek the writers were Hebrews and retained the same use of 'aleph' but in the Greek it comes out as just the number 1000 and so was translated as such. The NT is written in Greek but it expresses itself according to the same Hebraic tradition that was employed by the writers of the OT.

12 is always representative of 'governmental perfection' which is shown in both the family of Jacob and also the disciples of Christ.

If you square 12 (and the square signifies something created - on a solid foundation that WILL stand firm) then you have 144. If the 12 are seen as being the spiritual patriarchs of the 12 tribes, then the 12 becomes 12,000. But this is not 12,000 souls - it is not a limited amount - it is the entire 'family' or 'spiritual bloodline' of one 'captain' or 'head.' When we realize that this is the foundation for the family of God which will be all-inclusive of both Heaven (spirit) and Earth (matter) then we can see that the 144,000 represents the perfect and permanent foundation that God has laid for the New and perfect world-to-come (directly through the perfecting of the OT 'sinners' into the NT 'saints').

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
There is a lot of controversy as to what the 144K means and always has been that way. I would not be surprised that the number be bandied about to get tacit support from Christians for the war in Iraq. But practically speaking I doubt that this number can be maintained due to logistical reasons.

It's funny that Christians support a people that turned their back on their main man so many years ago.

Iraq has never (as you say) been in the main man's camp.

Iraq is merely experiencing part of the judgement foretold in Jeremiah 50 and 51 and Isaiah 13

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Hi queenannie38

To add-on...

1+4+4+0+0+0 = 9

The Hermit, Yesod, Peter, the Rock(Sex) or Philosopher's Stone that must be chiseled by the Master Mason, the Church of Christ that must Be Built on a Solid Foundation of Stone within ourselves.

We are also reminded of the 12th Arcanum, the Apostolate:

Arcanum 12: The Apostolate

We must now study the Twelfth Arcanum of the Tarot. Chinese tradition mentions the Ten Trunks (Shikan) and the twelve branches. It is necessary to know that the seven chakras and the five senses are the Twelve Faculties. The universe emerged from the Chinese Hoel-Tun; this is the primordial Chaos. The Ten Trunks and the Twelve Branches emerged from the chaos, which in Alchemy is the Ens Seminis, the Lapis Philosophorum or the Philosophical Stone.

The entire Misterium Mágnum is found enclosed within this Sum Matter.

The Alchemist must extract the Potable Gold from within this Menstrum Universale in order to achieve the blending of the Cross with the Triangle. Before achieving this amalgamation, we do not have a true existence. The four Bodies of Sin (Physical, Vital, Astral and Mental) are controlled by the Ego.

The Ego, the “I” is not the Divine Being of the Human Being. Indeed, the “I” is the total sum of successive “I”s, for instance: John the drunkard, John the tenor, John the intellectual, John the religious one, John the merchant, John the youth, John the mature one, John the elder, etc… all are a succession of “I”s, a succession of phantoms that inevitably are condemned to death. The “I” does not constitute the whole of what the human being is. John fought in the tavern, John is now a religious one, John is now a bandit; to that end, every person is a dance of Johns, so who is the true John? Therefore, if we do not escape from the fallacy of all of these multiple “I”s, we cannot asseverate that we have a true existence.

Present humans have not incarnated their Immortal Soul (their Divine Being) yet. Thus, from this point of view we can asseverate that present humans have no true existence yet.

The Annihilation of all of those false and mistakenly called centers of Consciousness is only possible by denying oneself.

We are astonished when seeing how so many students of occultism (as if they were Great Masters) attire themselves with tunics and disclose beautiful and sounding names upon themselves, when indeed they do not even have true existence.

It is necessary to annihilate the “I” in order to attain true existence.

Do you want to drink? Then do not drink; do you what to smoke? Then do not smoke.

Did they strike you right cheek? Then present your left cheek to them.

The supreme negation of oneself is found in the coitus. Not to ejaculate the Ens Seminis in the supreme moment is an absolute sacrifice of the “I”; the outcome of such a negation of oneself is the awakening of the Kundalini. The fire burns the evil scoria and in the end it absolutely dissolves the “I”. The fire is the Potable Gold

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sun Matrix
Iraq is merely experiencing part of the judgement foretold in Jeremiah 50 and 51 and Isaiah 13

Any suffering we suffer is due to our own evil actions.

Iraq included.

However, those from the Black Lodge(Skull & Bones/Zionist-bankers-Israelis, etc.) who have invaded Iraq, only keep the ignorance of the Wheel of Samsara turning by creating more violence.

That's the apparent paradox of it all.

Or perhaps those who suffer a suffering they don't deserve(if that be possible), will be compensated by the Great law?

Let's just say that as long as the demonic "I" and all of it's consequences is alive, there will always be suffering.

Regards

[edit on 19-11-2006 by Tamahu]

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu
1+4+4+0+0+0 = 9

The Hermit, Yesod, Peter, the Rock(Sex) or Philosopher's Stone that must be chiseled by the Master Mason, the Church of Christ that must Be Built on a Solid Foundation of Stone within ourselves.

So what this means, is that the 144,000 Chosen, are those who worked in the 9th Sphere which is Yesod, who's ruler is Jehovah as the Archangel Gabriel.

From Manly P. Hall's "Secret Teachings of All Ages", with commentary:

www.phoenixmasonry.org...

...While the Prophet was still but a toddling babe(Initiatically speaking), the Angel Gabriel(Yesod) with seventy wings(Solar Imagination) came to him, and cutting open the child, withdrew the heart(of the Atom Nous of Christ). This Gabriel(Yesod/Generation) cleansed(through White Tantra) of the black drop of original sin(which is ejaculation/fornication) which is in every human heart because of the perfidy of Adam(related to Tiphereth) and then returned the organ to its proper place(invigorated by the Christic Fire of Kundalini) in the Prophet's body...

For more, study this:

www.gnosticteachings.org...

Regards

[edit on 20-11-2006 by Tamahu]

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   
The 144,000 people talked about in the Bible and such is very simple. Very simple.

It requires, at least, 144, 000 people to rebuild or restart a civilization in the wake of a catastrophe or disater. The ancient prophecies are that in the end times, when the world would be in the pits of darkness (we are getting there if not already there), the masters would return, and AT LEAST, that is the actual translation, AT LEAST 144, 000 souls would be need to restart, in the wake of a global catalcysm or a pole shift. Thank god, we are not gonna have to go through a pole shift, and if we are, the Forces of Light, (who the ancients called "the masters") will come and transport us off this planet or to inner Earth for safety. This has been talked about all over the place, alot of people know what we are talking about now, its not some big secret, only to the masses it is.....but not for much longer.

If you want one source for this, Patrick Bellringer has been a great teacher in these subjects and has a direct channeled link to the Masters, as do many other people. His site is www.fourwinds10.com

It has been said that their are 144, 000 lightworkers on this planet, I believe though that EVERYONE is a lightworker at one level or another...its just others consciously know it. It has been said that the lightworkers are the ones who will be saved, but this I dont believe. Anyone who is able to grasp the realities and who lives their life in truth will be saved. Anyone who is good of heart, and consciously desires to improve themselves and their world, I believe will be saved. The people who thrive off fear and control, or the low vibrating beings who are full of fear, and wont be able to grasp the truths once they start coming out, which they are....these people, I believe, will just leave their bodies (death) and incarnate on another 3D planet.

I am open to any and all arguments, or agreements, on the claims I am making here.

NAMASTE ADONAI

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Greetings LightWorker13

Originally posted by LightWorker13
If you want one source for this, Patrick Bellringer has been a great teacher in these subjects and has a direct channeled link to the Masters, as do many other people. His site is www.fourwinds10.com

Oh?

Initiatic Preparation 3

On one occasion, we visited a spiritualist temple; we then saw how a Demon entered into a medium and while passing as Jesus Christ, he spoke filled with sweetness and all the listeners, full of a terrible fanaticism, worshipped him. This is what the spiritism or spiritualism is, black magic; this is the abyss. It is stressful to state this, yet, it is the truth, and we must not be complacent with crime.

All the spiritualist schools, organizations and orders of this century are in the abyss.

Esoteric Course of Theurgy

The Path of High Theurgy allows us to study the great mysteries of Life and Death.

However, it is necessary to learn how to consciously travel in the Astral Body.

Therefore, those who still do not have that faculty and want to attain it need to acquire it through daily and vigorous training.

At the precise moment of awakening from normal sleep, after returning into the physical body and awakening in bed, many students commit the error of moving their bodies. They ignore that with this movement, the Astral Body becomes agitated and memories are lost. Therefore, when awakening from normal sleep, the student of Occultism must not move! We must remain resting, with our eyes closed, and perform a retrospective exercise in order to remember (in detail) all the places we were while in the Astral Body, all the words that we heard, that we said, etc.

Understand that for these types of investigations, the mediums (channelers) of Spiritism or Spiritualism are useless. It so happens that mediums do not have enough mental equilibrium. Mediums are victims of tenebrous entities. Mediums have their Mental Body dislocated; actually, the Mental and Astral Bodies of mediums are dislocated. Thus, because mediums have these two vehicles in such a condition, they cannot possess the necessary mental equilibrium and the exact logic in order to investigate the causes and effects of Nature. We already know that the Laws of Nature are wisely processed. Every effect has its cause. Every cause is the effect of another superior cause.

We have frequently heard of so many unbalanced individuals who state that they “channel” entities from beyond! Usually, those “channelers” are mediums.

Notwithstanding, it is necessary to know that the investigator of the Superior Worlds must possess a faultless mental equilibrium for this purpose. The true investigator is profoundly analytical and rigorously exact. We are mathematical in investigation and very demanding in expression.

It would be better to start by relying on the Kabbalistic interpretation of the 144,000 that has been passed down since Ancient times, through Gnostic Occult Fraternities via Initiation.

And it is Better to practice White Sexual-Transmutation and Meditation, instead of channelling the disincarnate lunar bodies of people, and of demons, masquerading as Masters of the White Lodge!

Or am I mistaken?

Regards

[edit on 21-11-2006 by Tamahu]

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   
the number of troops is very, very odd. the gov't is preparing to invade iran if they do not stop with the nukes. iran will not do this. usa will sanction iran. iran to attack in the gulf. usa to invade iran. this is why we are gathering troops in iraq so we can invade, cause of this oil and nuke problems. and yes the draft bill will get approved. watch the war in iran on t.v. it will happen. this february. watch it all go down as planned.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I can't comment on any Biblical implications, as it's beyond my personal knowledge.

However, assuming our President/Administration was intent on keeping EXACTLY 144,000 troops in Iraq at all times, wouldn't that be virtually impossible? As each soldier is killed, or injured and flown out to countries like Germany for medical treatment, do they instantly have another soldier on standby outside of Iraq who they fly in to join the war effort? And if they were able to hypothetically manage such a complicated logistical operation, wouldn't it be a huge waste of money to fly one or two or half a dozen troops in at a time as each one of our soldiers falls on the battlefield?

I'm sorry, but I just don't buy the "exactly 144,000 troops in Iraq" theory. As advanced as our military and our technology is, I think it would be virtually impossible to maintain an exact number like that and it would be a logistical nightmare to accomplish it on a daily basis. Just this member's humble opinion... Now back to the religious squabble!!!

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu
And it is Better to practice White Sexual-Transmutation and Meditation, instead of channelling the disincarnate lunar bodies of people, and of demons, masquerading as Masters of the White Lodge!

Or am I mistaken?

Not at all!

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   
he needs the troops in iraq, to invade iran. and if any of you ignorant soldiers read this, stop teasing the children over there and all that other stupid stuff you do over there, you are representing america. not america the asshole. you woulden't treat your kids that way, so knock it off ....

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightWorker13
AT LEAST 144, 000 souls would be need to restart, in the wake of a global catalcysm or a pole shift. Thank god, we are not gonna have to go through a pole shift, and if we are, the Forces of Light, (who the ancients called "the masters") will come and transport us off this planet or to inner Earth for safety.

It has been said that their are 144, 000 lightworkers on this planet, I believe though that EVERYONE is a lightworker at one level or another...its just others consciously know it. It has been said that the lightworkers are the ones who will be saved, but this I dont believe.

I know a bunch of lightworkers over at FPL, I don't know if it's the same at FOL but they shift poles all the time. They can't transport anyone to safety because they're not allowed to have riders in their trucks but they could probably call 911 for you if it's an emergency.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join