It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tinnitus - Ringing Ears

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   
weird that i come across this post. my ears have been ringing for 2 years now.
it's made me wonder if something is wrong with my health. until i can find an affordable health care provider, i guess i'll wait it out.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I have ringing but it's always been associated with my sleep paralysis. Closest ringing I've had that was NOT related to sleep paralysis was last week when I was at the Dentist and on Nitrous Oxide.

Jemison

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Good point, sleep paralysis often provides high tinnitus experiences.
I have it all the time when I enter into deeper states of consciousness.

Also is followed by voices, weird machine noises and sometimes, classical music

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I too experience a 'ringing' in my ears. It is very similar to the high pitched whine a television or computer monitor makes when you turn it on.

The ring lasts anywhere from 3 to 6 seconds. It can sometimes be a precursor to dejavu. I have also associated it with lack of concentration, tiredness, boredom, states of deep concentration and times when I am using my imagination.

I have also thought that I am being watched by an unknown entity. Sometimes I feel that my mind has just been read or that I have received information.

To concur further with what others have said, I have also lost my train of thought after these episodes.

I am an epileptic. I have been a 'certified' epileptic for 3 months now. When I have a Tonic-Clonic Seizure (convulsing, loss of consciousness) I hear a very similar form of this ringing, but I also feel it as a burning sensation that starts in my hands and travels up my arm and into my head.

There definately is something very strange and intriguing about the subject in general, let alone going into any long-winded details.

I'm glad that I stumbled in for this thread. The ideas and opinions expressed have made me think a little bit more about myself and the link that I obviously share with a lot of people around the world.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unrealised
The ring lasts anywhere from 3 to 6 seconds. It can sometimes be a precursor to dejavu.

Ok, this is scary, I had it yesterday during one of my classes, tinnitus for about 4 seconds and then a Deja vu.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Double! Can some1 delete this post for me? Thanks

[edit on 23/11/2006 by tunin]

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I have had the ear ringing for over a year. It is the right ear. It sounds like it is coming from the right rear about 15 feet away. It's very high pitched. It has been near constant with only occasion breaks. I do not take aspirin. I do not take any drugs of any kind. I don't listen to loud music and have only been exposed to loud music a few times about 15 years ago. I haven't been sick for over 7 years (cold, flu, headaches, or anything).

I noticed that the ear ringing will go away when I'm out working or running around doing errands. Sometimes when I'm driving and I'm thinking about conspiratorial or spiritual matters the ringing starts up. But usually, it's not there when I'm out and about. I have noticed that it will increase even when I wasn't thinking about it. Many times my thoughts will be interupted by a sudden increase in amplitude. I've also noticed that it will increase when doing meditation or doing some kind of research on deep science related stuff.

I found that by covering my right ear, say laying down on a pillow, it will slowly switch over to the left ear or increase in amplitude.

Occasionally, but very rarely, I will get a short burst of high frequency ringing in the left ear. I have yet to relate anything in particular to the left ear ringing.

Here I will say something that will probably not be believed. I have had personal confirmation that the ear ringing is in fact a result of being monitored. Unfortunately, I'm not at liberty to disclose how I know that or who is doing the monitoring. And yes, the entity(s) that is/are doing the monitoring will occasionally give breaks if asked such as the prayer thing mentioned earlier in the thread. Yea yea, now I'm a nutzoid fruitcake. Oh well, I will not jepordize the safety of anyone else by revealing anything too specific.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fiveby5

Originally posted by IncarnAngel
I recently read a pocket sized book called EARTH ANGELS, a pocket guide for incarnated Angels, Elementals, Starpeople Walk ins and Wizzards by DOREEN VIRTUE.

She says this noise is the Angel or spirit realm DOWN LOADING information on your lifes journey. The messages enter your subconcious.

That is one theory.

As weird as this sounds, I had just read your post last night and this morning while relaxing around the apartment I had a severe 'ringing' case. Remembering your post, I actually flat out denied the ringing by praying and asking for it to be stopped. I have an odd personal religion that I won't get into here but I'm not Christian; so I thought it might actually do something about it and was shocked when it just cut off. Probably just coincidence but honestly I'm a bit weirded out by the whole thing, thought I'd point it out for what it's worth.

Thats interesting, I will have to try it! I feel I am being watched or tagged somehow I can't explain it. Weired things have happened to me, unexplained phenomenom and I am sure it is linked to this EEEEEEEEEE frequency. Mine is high pitched!

People are coming forward with intereting ideas and even personal experiences! Gr8 thread

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I've always had the high-pitched "eeeeeeeeee" sound ever since I can remember memories.

I have noticed that in a silent house, if someone turns on a tv but it's on mute--the sound intensifies and almost begings to buzz inside my head. Ive done experiments with friends like:

"Im going to go into the next room and close the door. I want you to flip a coin and decide one side for "TV on" and another for "TV off"...don't decide which is which until im out of earshot in the other room w/door closed. Then once you've flipped and did whatever you had to do, knock on the door and ask me if the TV is on or not...

9 times out of 10 I can "hear" the TV from another room. It also works between floors of a house.

I believe that what we are hearing is the EM radiation, it has a wave function, and perhaps is percievable in our brains as a "sound".

I have also awoken recently (last 2 months or so) and had a LOUD buzzing inside my head. As the low-buzz grew louder and louder I felt my attention or focus being pulled along deeper, compressed or intensified. It nearly began to hurt I was focusing and so hard and the drone was near-deafining...

This happened a total of 3 times in between bouts of sleep paralaysis where I felt like someone was in the room, then someone holding me down.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I always hear a pleasant high pitch ringing in my ears just as I'm invoking my spirit contacts for an ITC or EVP session. I also get this same kind of noise coming in at some point when I'm meditating. I'm used to hearing these sounds as they are signals from the spirit world that they are available for communication.

But then there are those times in the evening when all of the sudden I will experience a low humming sound in the back of my head that seems to reverberate throughout my whole body. It's the strangest thing and it's very hard to describe it to anyone who has not experienced this but when this happens, I almost feel like something 'out there' has turned on a switch and is observing me or monitoring my movements or whatever but it's WEIRD. Am I tuning into some kind of electromagnetism that's somehow been amped up nearby where I live where somehow my brain is picking it up as evidenced by the low pitched reverberating hum.....?? Sometimes it will go on for hours and there's nothing I can do to tone it down. I just have to wait it out. Also, when this happens, it seems like the air around me is electrified where I'm sometimes seeing very vague transparent waves of 'energy' in the room.... I should say that I'm very healthy and only thing I suffer from occasionally are pollen allergies.

[edit on 25-11-2006 by Palasheea]

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   
It may be different types of ringing, therefore, different reasons.

One reason, is it is a warning that demons are trying to invade your body through an open mind (gate/perception). If you refocus your mind and close the third eye it will subside and then stop. If it grows louder, you most likely are wide open. The fact that the the sound increases and decreases leads me to believe it is this.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   
No offense, but I do not belive in evil spirits that can "harm me". Everything that ever is, or ever was was all created from the same universal-eternal-infinite creative force.

The creative force that created everything around us cannot destroy itself...but it can experience suffering, pain, madness, fear...ect, ect...but even death is not an end to the energy that IS the matter you are.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Mystik, I just find it interesting that you have experienced hearing what you perceive to be EM noise because I too have those same experiences. I hear it as a low reverberating humming noise in the back of my head.
But the odd thing is I'm the only one here who hears it!

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 03:33 AM
link   
^^ It's the same w/me...I don't know anyone else who can "hear" electronics.

It's more than just a "sound" though isn't it? Sure, there's a buzzing, but it's almost like...damn, it's uber hard to desctibe. It's almost a FEELING as well as a SOUND.

Does that make any sense?

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
^^ It's the same w/me...I don't know anyone else who can "hear" electronics.

It's more than just a "sound" though isn't it? Sure, there's a buzzing, but it's almost like...damn, it's uber hard to desctibe. It's almost a FEELING as well as a SOUND.

Does that make any sense?

Well as said earlier in one of my other posts in this thread, I described it as a deep pitched humming (accompanied by a buzzing sound too sometimes) that seemed to be originating from the lower back of my head that seemed to reverberate throughout my whole body.
Lol, is this all about? Fortunately it's been about year now since I've last experienced this but I did experience these humming sounds for stretch of about 5 years or so.... hope it never comes back because whenever I would be experiencing this, it was impossible for me to turn in for the night to get a good nights sleep. I would have to wait for it to wind down a little before being able to turn in for the night.
PS -- I forgot. I did experience an evening of humming over this past summer but they are not occurring now as frequently as they were before and thank goodness for that!

[edit on 26-11-2006 by Palasheea]

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arm Of Geddon
Oh well, I will not jepordize the safety of anyone else by revealing anything too specific.

What about equipement used. Could you tell me about that? Can you u2u me some info, I may be abe to help you with some information I have about emergency plans.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

Originally posted by Arm Of Geddon
Oh well, I will not jepordize the safety of anyone else by revealing anything too specific.

What about equipement used. Could you tell me about that? Can you u2u me some info, I may be abe to help you with some information I have about emergency plans.

Did Arm of Geddon tell you yet about that equipment? Could you maybe just give us a few idea's on what that's all about? I'm very intrigued about this.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Not sure if you'all have heard of Cranial Electrical Stimulation (CES) but this or something like the Neurophone might be helpful for this as a non-invasive method of not only smootly eliminating the medications but bringing about balancing in the eardrum which might help.

To find more info CES you can search on a medline search (many clinical studies have been done with this technology but still most doctors don't have a clue about it).

For neurophone info there's a site called alternativehearing.com .

cheers,

HT

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Hello, I was just searching on the internet about this very topic when I came across this site. I frequently experience the sound of silence, as I call it, which is a high pitched ringing noise. I'm sure everyone experiences that. But often the ringing increases in pitch. I have never tried asking for it to be stopped, but I will try it. I have also read Doreen virtue's Earth Angels, I found it in our bookcase just a few weeks ago, and I have read about the ringing. That's actually what put me onto searching for it.
I never used to really believe in the whole spritual side of things until just recently. And, along with the ringing, I find that I can sort of . . . FEEL energy. Like, in my physics class yesterday, we were playing around with static and electricity and things like that, and I could sort of FEEL the room buzzing. Like through my hands. I don't know, it was weird. And I can see auras, but I think that's a different thing entirely.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by EllaSl8er

I never used to really believe in the whole spritual side of things until just recently. And, along with the ringing, I find that I can sort of . . . FEEL energy. Like, in my physics class yesterday, we were playing around with static and electricity and things like that, and I could sort of FEEL the room buzzing. Like through my hands. I don't know, it was weird. And I can see auras, but I think that's a different thing entirely.

Tinnitus is really a medical issue, and if I would reject any theory that ringing in the ears has anything to do with spirituality. I have had it for years in left ear and I attribute it to hearing loss due to loud music. This is kind of an old thread, but there is a ton of real research on the topic elsewhere on the net.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join